bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gods sense of humor  (Read 4688 times)

Roy Martin

Gods sense of humor
« on: February 19, 2009, 01:08:50 PM »

At least once a week or twice a week my wife and I will disagree on something or have a little argument, but nothing serious that we don't laugh about later.You know just little things that come and go.
Its usually me or at least that's the way I remember it, after one of these little disagreements, Ill say to her that Im so blessed to have you in my life, we laugh and say boy what a sense of humor God has.
 Then there's those times that Im feeling healthy and frisky and want to play but shes not in the mood, and after a few times of trying to amuse her in some comical way and see it aint gonna happen, Ill laugh and tell her this is what I get for asking for such a beautiful woman that I cant even watch cross the room without having thoughts,you know what I mean. How can God not be laughing at that?.My wife and I think its funny,we laugh together about it when I say things like that to her. Its true though,I did ask God for a beautiful woman,I didn't see anything wrong with that, but I cant keep from thinking that God saw humor in that. He knew I was going to ask for that.Hes the one that set it up that way.He had us picked out for each other in the beginning, you know way back. He even knew he would be laughing at me and with us. Its all very good though, makes me all the more closer to my heavenly father.
 No one can convince me that God doesn't have a good laugh and I bet that he laughs every day.
   I think he laughs at me everyday as I run around chasing my wife around acting like a fool,  but it makes me feel good, you know like telling a joke and people laughing at it.You know, it makes you feel good, not me acting a fool but God laughing at me.
  Just because we don't read about God ever laughing doesn't mean He never laughs. God gives us joy and peace and love and comfort and humor. I can just imagine that when He laughs he laughs like all of us only wish we could. I cant keep from laughing when I think about his sense of humor.
Does anyone care to share with me on this?you know with some humor.
Peace and humor
Roy Martin

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:20:36 PM by Roy Martin »

Vangie

Re: Gods sense of humor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:35 PM »

I enjoyed that!  I totally agree about God having the greatest sense of humor.  (He's the greatest ALL the way around, huh?!)  Too cute that you see it in your own relationship with your wife---you got what you prayed for Roy!  ;)  Your marriage sounds very wonderful and God has blessed you.  And now, I feel blessed too that you shared here.  Thank you.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

Roy, One, night I was thinking about God and had been talking to him. The strangest feeling came over me. I wondered if God laughs. I remember, reading latter after that in one of Ray's papers that it does mention that God laughs in the Bible. Now,for me remembering where that is I will just laugh and blame it on to my old age coming on. But, I am sure if we have a sense of humor he does too.

In His Love,
Marlene

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »

Boy, if God doesn't laugh I am in a bunch of trouble!!! Judy

britt

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 01:04:11 AM »

Hi Roy,

I have noticed that several times the bible mention's about god laughing. Here is one.

Psalm 59:8

But you laugh at them, Lord; you scoff at all those nations.

I hope this confirms,

Britt,

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »

Thank you Britt,
Peace
Roy Martin

gmik

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

I am sure He has one!!  Ever seen an aardvaark??? or a (insert here)??? :D

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:25:51 PM »

Thats funny gmik

bmeansdfw

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 02:56:32 AM »

I am sure He has one!!  Ever seen an aardvaark??? or a (insert here)??? :D

Funny, gmik.  I was watching Animal Planet today with my son when the Tasmanian Devil came on.  Ha, was that funny!  That little furry creature (much smaller than the cartoon character, for those of you young enough to remember) with such a HUGE screech in his voice, and apparently that is normal behavior for the breed.

God indeed created a world both awe-inspiring and entertaining! 

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »

i know that God has a sense of humor because He gave us longhorn and musicman.  :D :D :D

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.