bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mardi Gras  (Read 4493 times)

winner08

Mardi Gras
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »

Greetings everyone, Tonight is the push into fat Tuesday(Mardi Gras) Tonight the parades kick into full swing. As a person who went to the parades since I was born until I moved away at 10yrs old. I moved back in 82. We started to go back to the parades when my nice was born then my grandaughter and grandson were born. I guess we went for the first 19yrs of their life. It is a blast, I must admit. But now that the kids are grown and are older there's no since in going. But This yr my nice who is 20 now just came back from collage and she and my mom and my aunt ask us (my wife and I) will go to mardi Gras this yr. Now that my mom and my aunt are in there late 60s it seems like a nice thing to do. Get together with my family and go picnic all day long and watch the beautiful double deckers floats and the huge semi truck floats. Man it is a site to see. I guess it is a tradition in our family. Now that only a few of us are alive it will be nice to get together. I mean we have spring time weather in the 70s. We will make a huge picnic basket, get some Popeye's chicken (another tradition) and spend the whole day out in the beautiful weather. Where we go is in a city about 30 miles out of New Orleans. It's mainly family's, all doing what we will be doing. We will get a spot around 8am on the neutral ground spread out a huge blanket and mark our territory. Just enjoy the day God has made (if God's willing) it is still 5days away, and alot can happen between now and then. So like I said if it is Gods will, we will all be together. I guess I really didn't have a question. But now that I think about it, many people have a problem with Mardi Gras. They say it is a pagan holiday and one should not celebrate it. Even to take part in it. As you can see I don't believe so. I think it is nice to be able to get together with family and friend and spend the day together watching the parades having a picnic. What do y'all think??

EKnight

Re: Mardi Gras
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »

Hi Darren,

I don't know much about mardi gras except about the bad stuff I hear like people drinking in excess and lots of open sexuality (if you know what I mean).  But what you just described sounds like wholesome and fun.   ;D

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 01:37:31 AM »

Winner 8, never been to Mardi Gras but been to Bourbon st, the French quarter, etc. I loved New Orleans, yeah, there were some kids  carrying on a bit but nothing shocked me but then again, I have been around a bit. I hope you have a good time with your family.  Gosh, do I love the history of the South. When I was a kid my grandmother rented out rooms in her house to the "SOUTHERNERS" who were coming up to Detroit for work and I heard a lot of stories. Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 02:56:59 AM »

hi darren,
my daughter and her husband are leaving tomorrow morning early to drive to new orleans for mardi gras. she has never been, although she has been to new orleans several times. her husband has family in alexandria. she is very excited. i had dinner with them last night and she showed me the masks she had made with glitter and feathers. very beautiful masks. i personally don't know much about the history of mardi gras, other than it has something to do with leading up to the time of lent. i hope you and your family are able to get together and share a good time together. "love that bucket of popeyes!"

claudia

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »

What do y'all think??

Winner08,  It matters not what we think but rather what our Father in heaven thinks,ie;the way I'm learning to look at different situations is, would I feel comfortable if Jesus was involved in the activity in question,and then base my decision on that. ;)

Peace...Mark

shilam1999

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »

i am also from new orleans and enjoy the day.  so have a great time and eat some crawfish for me too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.