bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan Obeys? Satan Obeys!  (Read 4216 times)

daywalker

Satan Obeys? Satan Obeys!
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:56:37 PM »

I was thinking this morning about how Babylon teaches that all one must do is believe and confess that Jesus is their Savior in order to be saved. I recalled the Scripture that states that the demons believe in God, and they tremble at His Name (James 2:19), and the Scripture where the demons confess that Jesus is the Son of God. (Luke 4:41)

So I started thinking, did Satan ever not obey God? Obviously, he doesn't obey the Laws of God, but what I'm talking about is, do we have a Scripture in which God gives Satan a direct commandment ["Do this or that"], but Satan replies, "No". And what about Satan's angels/demons?

So using E-sword, I copied every KJV verse with "Satan", "devil", and "devils" in it, and it is clear: SATAN ALWAYS OBEYS GOD AND JESUS CHRIST. LIKEWISE, THE DEMONS ALWAYS OBEY GOD AND JESUS CHRIST.

Getting to the point of this Post...

Though this would be a Major Revelation, should I be addressing the members of Babylon, I am quite confident in saying that nobody here at Bibletruths is shocked at this Revelation, and probably already knew this. Mainly, because Ray goes into great detail regarding this in his Lake of Fire Series.

Okay, Here's what I'm pondering right now:

Joh 13:26  Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
Joh 13:27  And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
Joh 13:28  Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

My question is this: Was Jesus merely revealing the traitor to His Disciples [though they didn't realize it until later, possibly sometime after receiving the Holy Spirit], OR was He also revealing to Satan whom He [Jesus] has permitted him [Satan] to possess and use for his dirty work?

One thing's for sure, Satan is definitely NOT all-knowing. So, when was he aware that he was going to possess Judas Iscariot in order to have Jesus arrested? Could it be, that Satan was there waiting for Him to give the signal, and to point out his [Satan's] new victim?

I'm thinking this may be so. What are your thoughts?

- Daywalker.

britt

Re: Satan Obeys? Satan Obeys!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:39:52 AM »

UMMMM. That is a good question Daywalker.

I think the bible confirms that satan already knew who was going to betray Jesus.

We have John 13:2- The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus.

Then before this moment,

Luke 22:1- Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. Then Satan entered Judus. And Judus went to the chief priests and the officers of the timple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus.

Then in Job 1:10- Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everyting he has?

I think Jesus was simply granting satan permission through the hedge, like God permitted satan to try Job. The devil can patrol the earth and scheem all he want's, but has to have god's permission to actually do anything.

Humbly,

Britt

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.