bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: As if nothing happened....  (Read 6244 times)

SteveB

As if nothing happened....
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:45:31 PM »

You know i can 'understand' this whole situation as much as I hate to admit it.

But what I cant understand is this whole 'nothing to see here' attitude that going on here.

This for some of us is very hard to accept. Not saying ANYTHING about it for over a month and a half IS UNACCEPTABLE!

We should have been told and not have to find out this way. It was wrong of BOTH men to do so.

Its an insult to those who care about the Truth and all they want to do is follow the Lord.  

These things should NOT be.

Love...Steve

chrissiela

Re: As if nothing happened....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:47:30 PM »

Quote from: SteveB
You know i can 'understand' this whole situation as much as I hate to admit it.

But what I cant understand is this whole 'nothing to see here' attitude that going on here.

This for some of us is very hard to accept. Not saying ANYTHING about it for over a month and a half IS UNACCEPTABLE!

We should have been told and not have to find out this way. It was wrong of BOTH men to do so.

Its an insult to those who care about the Truth and all they want to do is follow the Lord.  

These things should NOT be.

Love...Steve

Steve,

Did you ever consider that perhaps they have been trying to work it out and come to agreement again?

Chrissie

Becky

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »

maybe they needed time to figure out what was going to happen for sure and didn't need to give us a play by play.... it'll be ok!  :?

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

none of us should fret.
something is being worked out that will be a blessing for those
that can receive it.

none of US should make it worse than it is by stirring the pot.

be still, trust in GOD.

Gal 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Luk 21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

love
 euty/chuck

Becky

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:19:41 PM »

thanks... good advice!  :)

eutychus

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »

Quote from: Becky
thanks... good advice!  :)

you to sister, it will be ok!

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

love ya
chuck

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 02:22:25 PM »

Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.[/u]

Of them the people were saying

Acts 15:11 The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.

They are men[/u]

Then we read concerning the two set apart by the Holy Spirit...

Acts 15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.[/u]

Acts 15:37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.

Acts 15:38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to "the work".

Acts 15:39 And the "contention was so sharp between them", that they departed asunder one from the other[/u]: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;[/u]

Acts 15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, "being recommended by the brethren" unto the grace of God.[/u]

Thank God for scriptures which show these things. Theres a dispute and a contention that existed between two who were separated to the work. We are all human, these things show our vulnerabilities.

Hope this helps ease something for someone

Daniel

SOTW

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 02:23:22 PM »

Good thoughts Daniel, The Book of Acts, is a special book. It teaches us alot about the men given the calling of teachers and apostles and the trials and hardships and lessons they had to learn, being they were mere men with a call of God in their lives. In the end, all are reconciled.

SteveB

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »

It wasnt my intention to 'stir the pot' but to let my feeling be known to all that this should not have happened like this.

For everyones edification this should have been made know in a reasonalble amount of time.

Not a month and a half after the fact and through means other than the men themselves. Thats all I'm sayin.

Peace...Steve

eutychus

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »

Quote from: SteveB

It wasnt my intention to 'stir the pot' but to let my feeling be known to all that this should not have happened like this.

For everyones edification this should have been made know in a reasonalble amount of time.

Not a month and a half after the fact and through means other than the men themselves. Thats all I'm sayin.

Peace...Steve

dearest steve,
brother i know you where NOT stirring the pot, i should have made that clear that i wasnt pointing any fingers.

i just thought this was the thread to post on.

peace and grace to you
chuckt

chrissiela

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »

Steve,

I was just saying that we don't yet know how or when this all 'started' or how and when it 'ended'.

They could have been trying to work things out and it may have JUST come to the point were no resolution was forthcoming.

I agree that once 'that' point had been reached, then the matter should have been addresss openly and honestly and not by emails and PMs to certain people behind the scenes.

I doubt very much that either Ray or Mike wanted it to become 'known' this way and it is rather unforunate. But let's give them the chance NOW to address it before jumping to conclusion about what we think might have been going on (or not going on).

I am sure that they knew that news of a separation would not be easily received here and that such news COULD cause division here in the group. After all, we've had some of that even without 'this' news.

We've already had discussions about who agrees and who disagrees and should we be 'required' to "agree 100%" in order to fellowship here or together. A few voiced opinions that they wanted NOTHING to do with ANYONE who did not "agree 100%", so I can see how this would be a very DELICATE matter.... and the news just got out before it could be addressed openly and properly. That is certainly very unfortunate. Hopefully it will be addressed now, or as soon as some decisions have been made. Perhaps there are still decisions to be made?

Chrissie

SteveB

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:00:07 PM »

I was just saying that we don't yet know how or when this all 'started' or how and when it 'ended'.

One of the mods, i think craig said this happen a month and half ago. I've read the emails and it started before the michigan conference.

I doubt very much that either Ray or Mike wanted it to become 'known' this way and it is rather unforunate. But let's give them the chance NOW to address it before jumping to conclusion about what we think might have been going on (or not going on).

I very much want to hear an explaination and will be patient.  This still doenst change my point that it should have been addressed when they both decided to go seperate ways.

That point still stands. A month an a half AFTER the fact doenst get it, IMHO.

chrissiela

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

I've read the emails and it started before the michigan conference.

Yes, Steve, as you said... it STARTED....

Does this mean that you think that they should have shared their personal exchanges over whatever differences they were having with all of us "from the beginning"?

What if it turned out to be just a misunderstanding that was ultimately reconciled?

I don't know that they 'decided to go their separate ways' a month or more ago?? There may have been talk that their differences could lead to that if there was not a reconciliation or agreement to be found? But surely they did not stop speaking to each other and consider the matter 'closed'  a month and a half ago? If so, then I can understand your point of frustration.

Perhaps I stand to be corrected.  :wink:

Chrissie

SteveW

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 04:38:14 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela
I agree that once 'that' point had been reached, then the matter should have been addresss openly and honestly and not by emails and PMs to certain people behind the scenes.

I too agree.  Consider...

Paul publicly rebuked Peter.  The contention between Barnabas and Paul was made known and recorded. Paul's personal letters to Timothy, Titus and Philemon were also made public.

Paul's letters to the various (misbehaving) congregations were always addressed to the church (the whole church, all members).  None--not one--was ever addressed to an elder or elders.  The elders were not to take care of the problem, quietly, behind the scenes, so sensitive members would not get upset or hurt.  The church--the whole of it--was to deal with the problem.

The principle seems to be to share.  I feel any teachers should make an account when there is contention about what is being taught, for teachers are judged to higher standards (James 3:1).

We, of course, will be judged by how we handle the information and keep on loving Mike and Ray and each other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.