bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: name  (Read 15395 times)

kenny

name
« on: February 27, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

help? i am seeing so many different names for people on the net with names that are not theirs, and i will have to be honest it does feel like i am talking with some that are trying to be some one else and i know that it is widly accepted  and many people are doing it (Using different names) but you know my parents named me kenny ray perry and if some one has got to be kenny ray perry it might as well be kenny ray perry. is god going to call me by another name! am i missing some thing?
 i am not saying that it is wrong,  i just dont get it  ??? ???

lilitalienboi16

Re: name
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »

help? i am seeing so many different names for people on the net with names that are not theirs, and i will have to be honest it does feel like i am talking with some that are trying to be some one else and i know that it is widly accepted  and many people are doing it (Using different names) but you know my parents named me kenny ray perry and if some one has got to be kenny ray perry it might as well be kenny ray perry. is god going to call me by another name! am i missing some thing?
 i am not saying that it is wrong,  i just dont get it  ??? ???

eh? Confused as to what your asking.

kenny

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »

the net is new to me and i am trying to get an under standing of why people dont use their real names.

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:21:57 PM »

Kenny,
  I believe that people use an alias in order to not let it be known to the world who they are,not because of trying to be some one they aren't,but rather to protect their identity from people that may have ulterior motives.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 06:26:06 PM »

the net is new to me and i am trying to get an under standing of why people dont use their real names.

Hi Kenny,

Everyone worldwide has access to the internet, nice people and not nice people. Many posters live in places where persecution is rampant; not only from governments but from theological cemeteries of christendom also. Privacy of some kind is always the prerogative of the individual, if one wishes they can go totally public or stay in anonymity. I am explaining this way because you state that you are new to the internet and may not be aware of this.

george ;D

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:20:47 PM by aqr »

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »

I do not use a nom de plume to hide.

I use this moniker  because I want to rid myself of all the carnal elements that are associated with my earthly life. I picked this name because it one that has stuck with me over the years, having heard once sincerly used by a particulare preacher and  I identified with it.   

I also like the symbolism in the Song of Solomon.and since no one on earth has "pledged their troth" to me but Chirst....this name is ...in a way my acceptance of the pledge.

Songs 6:3  I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine.

capice (this is Italian for ....understand?)

beloved

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

nicknames is fun.   :D  There's not much else to 'get' in my case, besides it's just the way the internet has evolved from the earliest adopters.  It's better to give one to yourself than to have somebody else give you one like 'annoying', 'string bean', or 'stinky'.   ;D 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

kenny

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 08:09:03 PM »

nicknames is fun.   :D  There's not much else to 'get' in my case, besides it's just the way the internet has evolved from the earliest adopters.  It's better to give one to yourself than to have somebody else give you one like 'annoying', 'string bean', or 'stinky'.   ;D 
nicknames is fun.   :D  There's not much else to 'get' in my case, besides it's just the way the internet has evolved from the earliest adopters.  It's better to give one to yourself than to have somebody else give you one like 'annoying', 'string bean', or 'stinky'.   ;D 
yes brother that's good i have several friends that call me a barbarian over the way i view the word

winner08

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 12:25:11 AM »

I just wanted to commet on why I chose winner08. We lost everything when Katrina hit. the house, the car and truck. all our clothes. When I say everything we owned that's is just what I mean, everything. Whatever we had on our backs when we evac is what we had when we got back to New Orleans. Aug. 05 is when we lost everything. It took 3 yrs just to get some since of stability. Some since of being safe again. Not just from the weather but just to have a place to call home and not living in a fema trailer. Anyway in 08 things started to get better. I said 08, this will be my yr. I found a home and bought a truck things started to look good. So that's why I use winner08, Its more than just a name, It has a very deep meaning to me. But I think the others are right when they say it just might have something to do with privacy issues.

Darren

musicman

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 12:25:34 AM »

My name is and always will be MusicMan.  As a kid I was called LittleMusic.  It is appalling that people can't reveal who they really are.  There's this one guy on the net that I'm familiar with who calls himself Hell No.  He's a blast but he must be really insecure to hide his true identity from the world. Here's the link to this guy's stuff.  http://hubpages.com/profile/Hell+No/hubtivity.   Notice how low his hub score is.  They must think he's some kind of looser.  Ha ha.  Perhaps he should try and be a little more orthodox.

judith collier

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 02:44:23 AM »

hey Winner, so sorry to read of your experience. I am happy for you things are going better. To survive that and I only know what I saw on t.v. it looked horrendous.  Judy

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »

Since God is the cause of everything, it's safe to assume that He caused my parents to give me the name Eileen.  Therefore, my God-given name is.....Eileen  :)

As always,
Eileen  ;)

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 02:28:15 AM »

Hi Kenny!
I am "Ninny" because my grandchildren call me that! No big mystery here! I'm not a really "seasoned" internet user either, but you just learn as you go, I guess!
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 04:15:32 AM »

Not to make too big a deal of it, but some of the chosen 12 had nicknames. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

kenny

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »

ninny
grand kids are cool, my grand kiids call me papa kenny can i have money/candy/would you be quite you talk to much.

kenny

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 09:23:31 AM »

tenn dave, where

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 10:59:51 AM »

Ha! Kenny my grandkids call my husband Papa, Pop, (or Poppy sometimes),You know according to what they want!! Our 11 year old grandson says, "Papa is made out of money, if we want something we could just pick out a piece of his hair and there's the money!" I told him, "If your Papa was made of money I would have taken him apart years ago!!" :D I also tell them this, "Pop's hair is getting kind of thin you'd better not take too much of it!" Haha! ;D Grandkids are a hoot! When our little people want a video game or something they just call up their Pop and say, "Could you get me___" and it a few days it appears! Ninny is a different story, when they ask me for something I always say, "Well, you need to ask Papa for that!" heehee! ;)
Kathy ::)

Patrick

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »

Quote from: kenny

Quote from: Dave in Tenn
tenn dave, where

"publican", "zealot", "sons of thunder", "Iscariot", etc..

Phil3:10

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »

Kenny,
I am Phil3:10 because it is my favorite Bible verse. I think every lover of CHRIST should be able to quote and explain this verse.
Phil3:10

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »

Hey Kenny!
I had a plethora of nicknames growing up:
Tony
T
Tony Blue
Tony Tone,
Big T
T-40
Tony Ony
Dr. T
A&W (remember the root beer!)
A
Big A
Demon ( my middle name is Demond)
AD Dub
Baloo the Bear
Twan
Wils'
Various mis-spellings of my name!
My favorite - chef (the black guy from south park)

Akira is the only name I call myself and nobody else calls me that!
I prefer people use my real name!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.