bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: most beautiful prayer EVER  (Read 5018 times)

eutychus

most beautiful prayer EVER
« on: June 02, 2006, 03:34:25 PM »

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
 6"I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. 13"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
Jesus Prays for All Believers
 20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

SandyFla

Re: most beautiful prayer EVER
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:28:01 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, ."

This IS very beautiful. It's also humbling to know that I am included in this prayer. Jesus didn't focus entirely on His disciples; He also remembered those of us who were yet unborn.

eutychus

Re: most beautiful prayer EVER
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:29:02 PM »

Quote from: SandyFla
Quote from: eutychus
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, ."

This IS very beautiful. It's also humbling to know that I am included in this prayer. Jesus didn't focus entirely on His disciples; He also remembered those of us who were yet unborn.

Amen and amen Sandy from florida.

grace to you
chuckt

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:46:19 PM »

Great prayer Chuck, He is Good :D

Daniel

ciy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »

I think this is a powerful way to prayer this prayer.  Pray it out loud so that you hear your name because as you said it is about you.  

20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for Eutychus who will believe in me through their message, 21that Eutychus may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May Eutychus also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given Eutychus  the glory that you gave me, that Eutychus  may be one as we are one: 23I in Eutychus and you in me. May Eutychus be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved Eutychus even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want Eutychus that you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and Eutychus knows that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to Eutychus , and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in Eutychus  and that I myself may be in Eutychus."

CIY

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:52:55 PM »

The next one.

Longhorn

orion77

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 08:51:42 PM »

Amen, chuckt.   8)

(Joh 17:12)  While I was with them, I kept them in thy name which thou hast given me: and I guarded them, and not one of them perished, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The son of perdition, isn't this all of us, before the beast is recognized and destroyed.

(2Th 2:3)  let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,

(1Ti 6:9)  But they that are minded to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and hurtful lusts, such as drown men in destruction and perdition.

Ah, but here is us:

(Heb 10:39)  But we are not of them that shrink back unto perdition; but of them that have faith unto the saving of the soul.

The man of sin, the son of perdition, the carnal mind must perish one way or the other.  

I don't mean to hijack your thread, chuckt, but even when He is praying, He is teaching and revealing.  Amazing!   :D

God bless,

Gary

eutychus

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 11:27:39 AM »

[

I don't mean to hijack your thread, chuckt, but even when He is praying, He is teaching and revealing.  Amazing!   :D

God bless,

Gary
[/quote]

Gary,
no worries,

YES, he even taught psalms 22 while he was dieing on the cross.

i beleive he probly qouted the WHOLE thing.

its so wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
       Why are you so far from saving me,
       so far from the words of my groaning?
 2 O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
       by night, and am not silent.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
       you are the praise of Israel. [a]

4 In you our fathers put their trust;
       they trusted and you delivered them.

5 They cried to you and were saved;
       in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
       scorned by men and despised by the people.

7 All who see me mock me;
       they hurl insults, shaking their heads:

8 "He trusts in the LORD;
       let the LORD rescue him.
       Let him deliver him,
       since he delights in him."

9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
       you made me trust in you
       even at my mother's breast.

10 From birth I was cast upon you;
       from my mother's womb you have been my God.

11 Do not be far from me,
       for trouble is near
       and there is no one to help.

12 Many bulls surround me;
       strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.

13 Roaring lions tearing their prey
       open their mouths wide against me.

14 I am poured out like water,
       and all my bones are out of joint.
       My heart has turned to wax;
       it has melted away within me.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
       and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
       you lay me in the dust of death.

16 Dogs have surrounded me;
       a band of evil men has encircled me,
       they have pierced [c] my hands and my feet.

17 I can count all my bones;
       people stare and gloat over me.

18 They divide my garments among them
       and cast lots for my clothing.

19 But you, O LORD, be not far off;
       O my Strength, come quickly to help me.

20 Deliver my life from the sword,
       my precious life from the power of the dogs.

21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
       save [d] me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22 I will declare your name to my brothers;
       in the congregation I will praise you.

23 You who fear the LORD, praise him!
       All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
       Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!

24 For he has not despised or disdained
       the suffering of the afflicted one;
       he has not hidden his face from him
       but has listened to his cry for help.

25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
       before those who fear you [e] will I fulfill my vows.

26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
       they who seek the LORD will praise him—
       may your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth
       will remember and turn to the LORD,
       and all the families of the nations
       will bow down before him,

28 for dominion belongs to the LORD
       and he rules over the nations.

29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
       all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
       those who cannot keep themselves alive.

30 Posterity will serve him;
       future generations will be told about the Lord.

31 They will proclaim his righteousness
       to a people yet unborn—
       for he has done it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.