bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The day of pentecost  (Read 4504 times)

Roy Martin

The day of pentecost
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:36:43 AM »

Hello everyone,
  I would so much love to have the Holy Spirit come on me like it did all of those people on the day of Pentecost. Many times Ive asked God to pour that out on me to where I couldn't contain it. I want to be knocked off my feet with His presence.I want to be filled with a love like nothing I can even imagine.
 I want to really really love everyone as God loves them. I know that there will be a time that all of us will experience that day of Pentecost. Has anyone ever been filled with the Holy Spirit like that day?
  I'm not talking about wanting a sign,I'm talking about the windows of heaven pouring out on me to where I couldn't contain it.
  Moses wanted to see Gods glory which was impossible but Moses insisted, so God let him see his back side. That's what I want.
Peace and Love
Roy

kenny

Re: The day of pentecost
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »

Roy
the impact that those 120 men and women had on the face of the earth was tremendous, with prayer and it changed my whole view on what tongues really were when i looked at rays teaching on that and it would be cool to speak in a foreign language
i might one day do it in Spanish (i do minister to a lot of them on the streets)

ecrement

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

Hi

Jesus is the Spirit that came upon those so gather to be their comforter and their straight and to live with them. They were not in room off somewhere, but in a courtyard of the temple, when the people could here them speak in their language and were move by what the spoke.

ecrement

kenny

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »

hi
thanks my friend for the nudge
Act 2:1  And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5  And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6  Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

i wonder if that was when christians where first named i have read where the were called the way and the sect before then ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.