bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow Down South!  (Read 4243 times)

Ninny

Snow Down South!
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »

Well, here it is the 1st of March and down here in South Alabama I woke up to snow. My grandson called me at 8am and said,"Ninny! Look outside it's SNOWING!!" They had been waiting for the snow and hoping for snow and they got it! Now of course YESTERDAY it was in the 70's and we had some severe thunderstorms last night, so we had to go through THAT for my grandsons to see SNOW? There were even tornadoes up in northern Alabama last night. Now let's see, it says it's 39 degrees outside and the wind is blowing at around 25 miles an hr. windchill temp 28. Oh well I guess I'm done complaining about the weather, at least the kiddies got to see their first snow ever! Now let's get on with SPRING!!
Kathy :D

EKnight

Re: Snow Down South!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »

Personally, I am sick of the snow!!!!!!  We are expecting snow showers at least three days this week.  Spring can't get here soon enough.

Eileen

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »

Everything in its season, I woke up to a beautiful snow scene, the sun is blazing now and it will soon all fad away.

I appreciate the cold because I know it is killing the bugs so there will not be an overpopulation and providing more ground water and a prelude to the spring rains that can tend to go on and then it is summer..

I am seeing robins so that is a good spring thing. My huge koi are starting to stir from their hibernation and are eating the pond algae.

beloved

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »

Yaay! That is one good thing about cold it kills bugs!! When we were in Hawaii a dr told us that there isn't any winter much there and it doesn't get cold enough to kill off the bacteria that causes TB so they have a lot of it there. That was twenty-five years ago maybe things have changed.
Kathy :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:36:42 PM »

here in austin we have had our usual freakish weather. day before yesterday is was 91. yesterday with the wind chill it was in the low 40's. last night it froze in the hill country but here in town it was on 37   :o. today it was in the low 70's  ::). as the saying goes in texas, if you don't like the weather just wait a little while and it will change  ;). but as beloved pointed out, the cold weather kills the bad bugs, especially the fleas. i worked outside all afternoon, and now it is getting chilly again. but, i am not complaining at all. i mean i am sitting here in shorts, tank top, and flip flops  ;D. i lllooovvveee spring  8). God was so awesome when He made the different seasons, ESPECIALLY spring!
hey beloved, are you koi fish in a pond? i would love to get some.

love to all,
claudia

musicman

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »

I've always wondered if there is a winter in hell.

Oh, what am I saying?  We're experiencing winter right now down here in Miami, HELLLLLLO!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 10:19:55 PM by musicman »

winner08

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »

Here in New Orleans It was in the 80s yesterday, when I woke up this morning it was in the 30s with the wind blowing out the north around 10mph which made it feel alot colder. No wonder people get sick so often down here. one day your in shorts and the next your wearing a coat freezing.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.