bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boot Camp for Saviours  (Read 5260 times)

aqrinc

Boot Camp for Saviours
« on: March 03, 2009, 02:49:44 AM »

Ray has done a wonderful job, explaining, writing, searching out and presenting (Scripturally Sound) Bible Truths to us members and visitors alike. In fact he has done such a great job that many viciously attack him for telling The Truth and confounding their manmade
doctrines. Having exposed the biggest Heresies of Christendom, at the same time Shown All that GOD REALLY IS LOVE.

GOD IS LOVE, Jesus Christ IS The Very Image OF GOD. Jesus Christ came into His Creation to show us how to live by doing it in front of GOD and mankind. He even Wrote The Manual for us, so that even when He is not visible (Spirit), His instruction Manual Is. The Theme of the Entire Manual is Love; Agapao and Phileo. We need to really learn the meaning and not just the definition of both, and then practice it daily and hourly to even start preparing for the work of Saviours.

Boot camp is here and now, the stakes are for keeps, time is short. Will He Find Faith In the Earth ???.

Luk 18:8 
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Jesus Christ Says; The harvest is great but the laborers are few.

Mat 9: 36-37
36  But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

37  Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

Luk 10:2 
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html

Excerpt from: God Judges The World In A Pond.

FOR YOU SEE YOUR CALLING BRETHREN

Isn’t it strange that there are whole categories of people who are not even called in this church age (I Cor. 1:26)? And only a very few of those who are called, are finally "chosen." They are, of course, chosen for a grand and glorious purpose.

If one wants to die in their sleep during a peaceful dream and then float up to a fluffy cloud in heaven over the rainbow where they will then spend eternity plucking a harp, it is evident that that wouldn’t require much prior training (except for possible harp lessons). But if one desires the "HIGH CALLING of God in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 3:14), then brace yourself for a little more vigorous preparatory program.

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that NOT many wise men after the flesh, NOT many mighty, NOT many noble, are called: But God has chosen the FOOLISH things of the world to confound the WISE; and God has chosen the WEAK things of the world to confound the things which are MIGHTY; and the BASE [insignificant] things of the world, and things which are DESPISED, has God chosen, yea, and things which are NOT, to bring to nought [nothing] things that ARE. That no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Cor. 1:26-29).

God is choosing the FOOLISH, WEAK, BASE, DESPISED, NOTHINGS of this world to CONFOUND the WISE and MIGHTY of this world! And you don’t think that will take any particular specialized training? You think that you are already fully equipped and suited for such a task? You feel that with your "acceptance" of Jesus Christ, that you are fully equipped to not only debate and take on the WISE and MIGHTY of this world, but to utterly CONFOUND THEM? Oh really?

Take heed that you do not end up like William Jennings Bryan in the infamous Scopes case, dubbed "the monkey trial," later made into a play and film entitled Inherit the Wind. The American Civil Liberties Union sent lawyer, Clarence Darrow, an agnostic lecturer, to defend a teacher, by the name of Scopes, for teaching evolution in the school. William Jennings Bryan, a Bible believer who was also Secretary of State under President Woodrow Wilson, led the prosecution. This agnostic lawyer, Darrow, however, humiliated the professing Bible expert, Bryan, in a cross-examination that made him look like a religious fool!

That Bryan was a believing Christian there is no doubt. That he was NOT READY "to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear [reverential awe]" (I Pet. 3:15), there is also no doubt!

Peter thought that he was ready to conquer the world at Jesus’ side, long before he was even converted:

"Then Peter took Him, and began to rebuke Him [JESUS!], saying, Be it far from Thee, Lord; this shall NOT be unto thee" Jesus said: "Get thee behind Me, SATAN." (Matt. 16:22).

"And he [Peter] said unto Him, Lord, I am ready to go with Thee, both into prison, and to death." Jesus said: "I tell thee, peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that you shall thrice DENY that you know Me" (Luke 22:33-34).

"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his ear." Jesus said: "Put up again your sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" (John 18:10 and Matt. 26:52).

"And Peter answered Him and said, Lord, if it be You, bid me to come unto You on the water… But when he saw the wind boisterous [violent], he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me." Jesus said: "O you of little faith, wherefore did you doubt" (Matt. 14:28-31).

And so it was with Peter (who personifies all of us), that he was not ready to take on the world with his carnal mind. He needed converting, training, experience, testing, and purging, before he (or we) would be ready to "Judge the world."

"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through MUCH TRIBULATION enter into the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

george. :)

Roy Martin

Re: Boot Camp for Saviours
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:44:37 AM »

George,
When I first came to the forum I thought I would have much to say.I thought I was ready just as a witness with my testimonies and thought that all I needed was Gods presence in me, but you and others here and the word of God proved me completely wrong. Yes there is power in testimony and it has its place but nothing like the word of God and being prepared. I had one but not the other but it was weak w/o the word and knowledge of the word.It was like going into a boxing ring with one arm tied behind my back. I dont like being tied,Im in boot camp.
 A good post George.

Peace Roy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:55:41 AM by Roy Martin »

kenny

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:31:01 AM »

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

"…SHALL HE FIND FAITH ON THE EARTH?"

Here is a prophecy of Jesus concerning how much faith He expected to find on earth when He comes to establish His Kingdom in the earth:

"And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall He find FAITH on the earth? (Luke 18:7-8).

The answer of course is: "Little: He shall not find but very little faith." But don’t take my word for it. Notice what Dr. Strong says regarding this word ara translated "shall" in the King James:

george
every where that i go when someone asks me how i am doing my answer is (I AM SO BLESSED I CAN STAND IT, HOW ABOUT YOU) and i can count on one hand the times that i have recieved back in kind, most times the responce is, i have never heard that before OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABE'S.
am i BLESSED,YES!
can i STAND, YES!
boot camp now thats cool/ you my friend have been moved to the front line, the battle rages, the warriors are few, the line has been drawn,

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 09:55:23 AM »

George!
Thank you, I needed to hear those words right now! This is an inspiring thread. Sometimes I feel so weak and foolish! I read things in Ray's studies and think,"okay, yeah I see that." then to answer a certain question someone posts a link to an article, I read it and say, "Wow! How come I didn't see that when I read it before?"

I pray that if God chooses to use a weakling such as I, that I will be found having faith!  There is enough in Ray's writings right now to feed us all for a long time. Discovering what the Scriptures REALLY say and believing every word is truly a high calling! I pray that Ray will be able to write more of what God has shown him. I pray that I would be able to dig it out for myself!
Thanks again George!
Love ya my brother!
Kathy :-* ;)

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

george
every where that i go when someone asks me how i am doing my answer is (I AM SO BLESSED I CAN STAND IT, HOW ABOUT YOU) and i can count on one hand the times that i have recieved back in kind, most times the responce is, i have never heard that before OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABE'S.
am i BLESSED,YES!
can i STAND, YES!
boot camp now thats cool/ you my friend have been moved to the front line, the battle rages, the warriors are few, the line has been drawn,

Kenny, Next, time I feel down I will remember how Blessed I am and how he makes me stand. ( It truly is hard sometimes to see it when we are really in the line of fire.)
For sure I would rather face boot camp now then in the Lake of Fire

This little post has been a great blessing to the ones just learning. Thank George and others.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »

Roy, Kenny, Ninny, Marlene,

It is amazing that we all know so much when we are dragged to The Throne Of Grace; that most of the time after that is spent unlearning the (so much). That is what this life for All who would believe is about, unlearning, preparation then learning how to be like Jesus Christ our Only Perfect Example.

Boot camp to learn to be like children, before we learned to practice: guile, pride, hate, covetousness, greed, lust, envy, selfishness and a myriad of other unfruitful and carnal minded things.

Here below are some of the most Revealing Scriptures.

Mat 18: 1-3 (WNT) Weymouth
1  Just then the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who ranks higher than others in the Kingdom of the Heavens?"
2  So He called a young child to Him, and, bidding him stand in the midst of them,
3  said, "In solemn truth I tell you that unless you turn and become like little children, you will in no case be admitted into the Kingdom of the Heavens.

Mar 10:14 (WNT)
Jesus, however, on seeing this, was moved to indignation, and said to them, "Let the little children come to me: do not hinder them; for to those who are childlike the Kingdom of God belongs.

Luk 18:16 (WNT)
Jesus however called the infants to Him. "Let the little children come to me," He said; "do not hinder them; for it is to those who are childlike that the Kingdom of God belongs.

george. ??? :o ;D

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »

I can identify with these things.  I've been on so many forums where people simply want to argue about bible verses.  It seems like the older I get the more I know how much I really don't know.  I don't want to argue the scriptures anymore.  I don't feel that I need to 'convince' others of anything.  Those things that I now know are true are because God opened my eyes to His truth and not because someone was arguing a pet doctrine that more often than not wasn't even scriptural to begin with.  Boy, at one time I thought I knew it all (or at least most of it) and I could go toe to toe with those from all the other denominations about why they were wrong.  (log in own eye here)  God will never honor such an attitude and neither will he reveal his jewels to those with such an attitude.  I am nothing.  I know next to nothing and am worthy of nothing.  A little child really knows that he doesn't know very much and doesn't act like he does.  This is the attitude I seek.  Only then when we truly have been humbled and see ourselves as we really are do we become candidates to receive the deeper things of God.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:18 PM »

Growing and learning.

For many of us, this paper was our first introduction to Bible-Truths.com and L Ray Smith. We know
this forum was setup primarily to discuss and then expand Scripturally on the teaching by Ray. Some
were dragged here from the desert, others from babylon, even some who had lost their way before
getting started. Unbelief and of idols Christendom or catholicism and its off shoots, crime, dissipation
and many un-named sins of the flesh or mind.

Now that we are here and have seen the Light; no matter how dimly (still blinding compared to the world).
We do need to stick with The Word daily and become real Bereans, in our zeal for Jesus Christ.

Your comments or observations are what help all of us to learn and grow, so do not be shy to step up.

Why you ask:

Because: Jesus Says

Mat 13:44 (MKJV)
Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which when a man has found it, he hides it, and for the joy of it goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.

Mat 13:45-46 (MKJV)
45 Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls;
46 who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Mat 13:47-50  (MKJV)
47 Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a net that was cast into the sea, and gathered some of every kind;
48 which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away.
49 So it shall be at the end of the world. The angels shall come out and separate the wicked from among the just,
50 and shall cast them into the furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

Excerpt from: "You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!"

There is a time for humor and there is a time to get serious. Sarcasm can be serious business. Well did Isaiah prophesy of such:

"Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us SMOOTH things, prophesy DECEITS" (Isa. 30:10).

I would rather sound a little angry or sarcastic than to teach smooth and deceitful things. Even Isaiah used colorful language, "speak unto us smooth things." Could this be the origin of "smooth talkers?"

I'm not sure why it is automatically assumed that if one sounds angry there is something wrong with his message. When speaking of immoral and evil things that hurt and deceive people, it behooves us to be ANGRY about such things. Anger does not have to be a sin. God’s anger is mentioned a couple of hundreds times in Scripture. Many of the teachings of the Church are not only evil, but they are stupid and foolish. Sarcasm is often the perfect exposer of stupidity.

SARCASM—OLD AND NEW

I have two favorite Scriptural sarcasms which I find to be sheer genius. One in the Old Testament, and one in the New. The first is from I Kings 18:21-39. Elijah told the people that they should choose two bullocks and place them on two altars of wood. He then said:

"And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answers by fire, let him be God"

They all agreed, and so the priests of Baal went first:

"And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O BAAL, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they LEAPED upon the altar which was made.

And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is on a journey, or peradventure he sleeps, and must be wakened.

I think we should read this verse from The Living Bible:

"About noontime, Elijah began mocking them. ‘You’ll have to shout louder than that,’ he scoffed, ‘to catch the attention of your god! Perhaps he is talking to someone, or is out sitting on the toilet, or maybe he is away on a trip, or is asleep and needs to be wakened.’"

And the priests of Baal, being as stupid as stupid can be, obeyed Elijah’s mocking sarcasm:

"And they CRIED ALOUD… there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded."

Remember that God Himself inspired Elijah to mock the priests of Baal with these jeering and demeaning epithets. He went so far as to suggest that maybe their god was "sitting on the toilet" or so exhausted he "fell asleep." And they were too stupid to even know that Elijah was making public spectacles and fools out of them. But Christians assure me that God doesn’t mock. Excuse me, but I did find this scenario IN THE BIBLE! And let’s not forget this:

"ALL Scripture is given by inspiration OF GOD [as in: ‘Elijah began mocking them… perhaps he {the god of Baal}… is out SITTING ON THE TOILET], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (II Tim. 3:16).

This is not just Elijah taunting the priests of Baal; this is GOD HIMSELF telling Elijah under inspiration: Tell the priests of Ball that "…perhaps your god is out SITTING ON THE TOILET." God in heaven Himself inspired Elijah to speak that delightful phrase to these pagan priests. What a remarkable insight into the personality of God Almighty.

And ALL these events were preserved for us:

"Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come" (I Cor. 10:11).

TO WHOM CHRIST WAS COMMISSIONED

Let’s realize a few axioms before we examine Christ’s actual words. Jesus taught the people of Israel, the Jews, the people around Galilee and Jerusalem, who were all religious people and followed the law of Moses. Jesus’ most stinging words were to the religious leaders and rulers of Judaism. On the very few occasions where Jesus even spoke to a non-Jew, He often expressed the greatest admiration for their faith, rather than condemnation for being Gentiles. After all, how much faith did Jesus find among His Own people?

It is essential that we keep in mind to whom Jesus preached. Jesus did NOT berate the atheists or pagan Romans in Judea for their sins, but rather "The lost sheep of the House of Israel." That is, the Jews—the commandment-keeping people of Judea.

If Jesus were to come to America today and preach His Gospel Message, little would have changed except for one prophesied difference. Everything has gotten even worse than it was 2000 years ago.

"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived" (II Tim. 3:13).

george. ;D

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:46:41 AM by aqr »

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »

George, before coming here, I read my bible almost every day but now I seldom open it, but that's not saying I have quit studying. Every time I read a post,I'm studying the scriptures that are given in all of the ones I read,and man there's a lot of them. Questions and answers, two birds with one stone.
  Once or twice in my first couple of testimonies I sensed some sarcasm coming back at me, but it was gentle but made me back off a little. You can be sure that I will keep coming back.I have never been a quitter in anything in my life except you know the bad stuff. I'm sure that I will stick my foot in my mouth many times yet to come, but hey that's OK with me. I know I can count on the heavy's to take it out for me and teach me at the same time.
  George, I could ask a question or give a testimony or just have something to say every day to the forum but I would feel a little self centered about that. I don't want to feel that way.
  Pride doesn't like sarcasm even when its gentle, well I don't like pride. I want to grow in leaps and bounds and not be shy about it. To and for me, the forum works better than esword. The word is here in application to every day life situations.Ask a question, get the word, testimonies, feelings,love,compassion and understanding. Its all right here. Am I wrong to see it this way according to forum rules? Whats good for us is good for all, don't you think?
  Have a great and blessed day. ;D  :D ;D

Peace Roy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 09:47:26 AM by Roy Martin »

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »

Hi Roy,

Let he or she who has not inserted their feet (ok foot ;D) in mouth once before (cast the first challenge).

Certainly you will not have a challenge from me.

We are All here to learn, edify and grow Spiritually, pride really has no place since our Lord And Saviour
Jesus Christ Is training up servants for The Kingdom. Have i ever been prideful, Yes, will i still stumble,
Yes, but the goal is none of that; it is to become like Jesus Christ In Spirit here.

Ray is using Scripture quotes to show that sarcasm will sometimes get the point across when other
methods fail. If we stop asking questions; is it because we know the answer or know we may get an
answer not to our liking. I would much prefer the correct answer even if it hurts my pride; than one
that brings consensus but is wrong and un-Scriptural.

I Keep this Scripture in mind when attempting to answer or when i get irritated.

2Co 5:10 (MKJV)
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive
the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

We do not need to be comfortable here, in fact if we are comfortable, then growth is not happening.

Again another Scripture to make the point:

Php 3: 13-16 (GW)
13  Brothers and sisters, I can't consider myself a winner yet. This is what I do: I don't look back, I lengthen my stride, and
14  I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God's heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus.
15  Whoever has a mature faith should think this way. And if you think differently, God will show you how to think.
16  However, we should be guided by what we have learned so far.

george. ;D

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 11:32:58 PM »

George, your always there. I appreciate you,everyone else too of course.

Roy :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.