bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a great place!!!!  (Read 3923 times)

koine480

What a great place!!!!
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:49:13 PM »

I love you people. All,you all.[What a great place ;D/i]

Roy Martin

Re: What a great place!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »

yea it is kind of a neat party place isnt it? I use to spend all my time getting high,rock & rollin,growin, pot,scheming and dremin living a life of illusion, but now Im living in the real world right here right now still growin still rockin still dreamin still smokin but all for Christ.

Roy 8) ;D 8)

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:08:35 PM »

yea it is kind of a neat party place isnt it? I use to spend all my time getting high,rock & rollin,growin, pot,scheming and dremin living a life of illusion, but now Im living in the real world right here right now still growin still rockin still dreamin still smokin but all for Christ.

Roy 8) ;D 8)

I hope you don't mind my asking Roy, but how long did it take you before you stopped the getting high, rock & rollin, growin, stuff?  I ask because I have 23 year old who sounds much like you once were and I could use the "hope" you might be able to give.  Of course I know it's all up to God and in God's time but I always wonder if he will ever change and what it might take before he does change. 

And, yeah, this is a great place.  I have come here many a time in darkness to find someone say something that puts me back on the right path. 

Eileen

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »

Hello Eileen.
I dont mind at all you asking me anything.
I started at age 15 smoking pot.I started growing pot at age 21 and didnt stop untill I was 45 and nothing in between was going to stop me. I went to prison for it and 2 marriages. My whole life evolved around it. I made my living with it in the organized crime bracket. I was a hard life to keep up with.
 I walked into a bedroom one night and caught my wife in bed with my drummer,I plummeted like a rock and lost every thing.God got a hold of me and turned my life inside out. Over night and no more smoking pot or growing. It happened it seems like w/o even making a choice.
 I wish I could help your son.I have a nephew about the same age as your son and he is on the same path but he hears nothing of what I say.
As you know we all have our journeys for a reason. Im sorry I cant give you any hope except that he is in Gods hands. I feel your burden and concerns.Just keep letting him know you love him and continue to pray for him. I saw on a church sign, ( pray for your enemies it will drive them crazy). Of course your son isnt your enemy but you get the point.
 I would be more than happy to talk with him and share the horror stories if you would like, if you could arrange it, but I just dont think it will do any good. I cant even make myself quit smoking cigarettes. As we and you said it, all in Gods time.
  Peace and love
Roy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:59:04 AM by Roy Martin »

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:10:15 AM »

Thanks Roy, it's enough to know that there are people who have gone down the same road but were dragged away.  Right now, it looks like it would take a miracle but I believe in miracles. 

My son has not heeded any of my advice.  None, zero, zilch!  His god is the band Phish and I am convinced they are a major cause/influence over his life.  I do understand and believe that this is God's plan for him right now. I just pray that someday soon God zaps him like He did Saul/Paul because that's what it's going to take.

Thanks for sharing your story.  I am glad God has brought you out of that trial.

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 17 queries.