bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speechless??  (Read 5042 times)

winner08

Speechless??
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:27:35 AM »

satisfaction, was it wrong to feel this way? While conversing about the Lord with a friend of mine and a group (three) people,all who are born again Christians. We were discussing why one would go to hell. I listen for thirty min. or so when I had a moment of clarity.  I asked If they all believe that God has forknowledge of all things from the (end to the beginning) and I emphasize on God knowing the END first to the BEGINING. They all agreed. Then I asked if they believed that  God is ALL loving and ALL mercifully. They all said YES! Then I asked the question that they had no ansewers for. I said I don't believe that there is a place call hell. That an all loving and all mercifully God would create a place just to send non believers and sinners to torture for all eternity.Well they had all kinds a reasons for God creating hell. But then I said OK here we have God all loving all mercifully knows the END from the beginning, creates humanity knowing before He even creates  them that most of them would go to hell where they will be  tortured forever and ever. I said Man that doesn't sound too loving and mercifully to me. I said the God I believe in and worship would never do such a thing. I said how could y'all worship that kind of God? I waited ten Min's or so listening to the wheels spin in their heads trying to come up with some ansewers. Then I excused myself and floated off. I guess I don't have a question as much as a feeling I wanted to asked about. I felt good that I put a shot across their bow and made them think. Hey, maby I planted a seed of truth?? Most of the time I would have listen to their conversation and not really comment. But I had a strong feeling that came over me,  and the next thing I know my mouth was moving and words were coming out.

Darren

Darren

aqrinc

Re: Speechless??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:34 AM »

Darren,

Very well done, you said just enough to make them have to think instead of giving them answers.
GOD Does use you for HIS Purpose when HE Is Ready.

george. ;D

saladking

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:04 AM »

Man, God is working in you awesomely, Daren :D :D

I can remember an Elder from my old Church talking about God being in the present past and future all at the same time.  showing with all the fingers of his hands coming down on the table all at the same time as he explained to me.  It was like when you have a handful of small seeds in your hands and then let them drop onto the floor with a straight line drawn on the floor.  You have no idea which of the seeds will land on the left of the line which is hell(eternal punishment) and which will fall to the right which is heaven.  I didn't know what he was on about.  :-\
He did say too that God does love everyone eternally even all that are in hell(eternal punishment). ???
In other words it would be impossible to get him to accept reason. ::)

David.

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »

satisfaction, was it wrong to feel this way? While conversing about the Lord with a friend of mine and a group (three) people,all who are born again Christians. We were discussing why one would go to hell. I listen for thirty min. or so when I had a moment of clarity.  I asked If they all believe that God has forknowledge of all things from the (end to the beginning) and I emphasize on God knowing the END first to the BEGINING. They all agreed. Then I asked if they believed that God is ALL loving and ALL mercifully. They all said YES! Then I asked the question that they had no ansewers for. I said I don't believe that there is a place call hell. That an all loving and all mercifully God would create a place just to send non believers and sinners to torture for all eternity.Well they had all kinds a reasons for God creating hell. But then I said OK here we have God all loving all mercifully knows the END from the beginning, creates humanity knowing before He even creates  them that most of them would go to hell where they will be  tortured forever and ever. I said Man that doesn't sound too loving and mercifully to me. I said the God I believe in and worship would never do such a thing. I said how could y'all worship that kind of God? I waited ten Min's or so listening to the wheels spin in their heads trying to come up with some ansewers. Then I excused myself and floated off. I guess I don't have a question as much as a feeling I wanted to asked about. I felt good that I put a shot across their bow and made them think. Hey, maby I planted a seed of truth?? Most of the time I would have listen to their conversation and not really comment. But I had a strong feeling that came over me,  and the next thing I know my mouth was moving and words were coming out.

Darren

Darren

and the next thing I know my mouth was moving and words were coming out.

Darren,when the Spirit wants to move you,speaking the Truths of the Father, He certainly will do that. There have been many a time that when speaking to people about the Truths of the Spirit my mouth was moving and the Truth of our Father was pouring out of me like a broken dam.When I was done providing a point of Truth it was like where did all that just come from. :o
All Praise and Glory to the Father.

Peace...   Mark

winner08

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »

Marky Mark, I had this happen to me just a few times, I think twice. The words just flowed out so easily that I really did not know what I said until after I had said it. What I mean is that I did not have to think about what I was going to say very hard. It just came to me. I just did not want the feeling of pride come over me. You know what I'm saying? I wanted to be humble in what I said and not to be taken the wrong way. I know it comes down to (HOW) we talk to people is very important. Especially if you want to get a message across to them. You don't want to hurt their feelings or offend them. I just wanted them to see what kind of god their worshiping, and praying to. I try to be humble in all things I do and say but it dose not seem to be this way. It's something I must work on daily.

Darren

PS is your name Darren also??

winner08

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »

Sorry Mark,
         I don't know why I ask that question about your name. I should have seen it. Anyway have a good day and the Lord bless you in all you do.

Darren

Samson

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »

satisfaction, was it wrong to feel this way? While conversing about the Lord with a friend of mine and a group (three) people,all who are born again Christians. We were discussing why one would go to hell. I listen for thirty min. or so when I had a moment of clarity.  I asked If they all believe that God has forknowledge of all things from the (end to the beginning) and I emphasize on God knowing the END first to the BEGINING. They all agreed. Then I asked if they believed that  God is ALL loving and ALL mercifully. They all said YES! Then I asked the question that they had no ansewers for. I said I don't believe that there is a place call hell. That an all loving and all mercifully God would create a place just to send non believers and sinners to torture for all eternity.Well they had all kinds a reasons for God creating hell. But then I said OK here we have God all loving all mercifully knows the END from the beginning, creates humanity knowing before He even creates  them that most of them would go to hell where they will be  tortured forever and ever. I said Man that doesn't sound too loving and mercifully to me. I said the God I believe in and worship would never do such a thing. I said how could y'all worship that kind of God? I waited ten Min's or so listening to the wheels spin in their heads trying to come up with some ansewers. Then I excused myself and floated off. I guess I don't have a question as much as a feeling I wanted to asked about. I felt good that I put a shot across their bow and made them think. Hey, maby I planted a seed of truth?? Most of the time I would have listen to their conversation and not really comment. But I had a strong feeling that came over me,  and the next thing I know my mouth was moving and words were coming out.

Darren

Darren

Hi Darren,

Very good thought provoking questions proivided in your conversation with that group of people. You kept it simple,
you got them thinking, maybe planted a seed and respectfully showed their inconsistency by their acknowledgement
of God being merciful and Loving, knowing the beginning and ending of everything with eventual prospect of Eternally
punishing unbelievers and sinners. Let me know if you receive any further response from them. It's possible they might
come up with the " Man has Free Will Game " to take the blame away from God.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Samson.

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 08:49:06 PM »

Hey Darren, I think you hit a big nerve with those people. And you have also shown me a way to present the truth to others.  Thanks for sharing.
    Bless you bro.       Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

daywalker

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »

satisfaction, was it wrong to feel this way? ... Then I excused myself and floated off. I guess I don't have a question as much as a feeling I wanted to asked about. I felt good that I put a shot across their bow and made them think. Hey, maby I planted a seed of truth?? ...
Darren

Hey Darren,

First, I'd like so say "nice!". The way you presented those thoughts and questions was very smooth. To answer your question "was it wrong to feel this way?" I think that would depend on your motives for the way you felt. Were you excited that you were able to leave them "speechless", or were you excited to have "planted a seed of truth"?

You should feel good, if not great, when you are able to share a little of God's Truths with someone... As long as you give all the credit and glory to God, and not to your flesh, then you should feel glad. I'm sure that Jesus and the Apostles felt good whenever they were able to speak the Good News to those who were blind, especially when they were able to leave the Pharisees "speechless".

- Daywalker

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 01:17:24 AM »

Darren, The Holy Spirit was working in you big time. I will try and remember that apporach with someone I try and share truths with the next time. You gave them something to think about for sure.

In His Love , Marlene

jg

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »

Well done Darren.  God does the calling, as no man comes to the Father without being "dragged" first by Him.  I love that.  How does He do that?  Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.  The word of God renews the mind. 

Just yesterday, a guy I know who is a speaker for a christian fishing organization said something about how men must "find" God and decide to be saved.  I said something like, "Men don't find God, there is no one good, not one, and no man comes to the Father without being called.  The heart is emnity towards God, and emnity means hatred."  He looked at me with eyes as big as fifty cent pieces.  I said, look it up, it's the word of God.  He said he would. I hope so. 

When the time is right for you to say something, it just pours out, but without pride.  In the right spirit, pride has nothing to do with it.  As a matter of fact, I have been overwhelmed with compassion during those times when I find myself releasing God's word. 

What a blessing we get when God chooses to use us like He used you. 

Again, Well Done! 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:47:36 PM by jg »

smeacham

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »

When the time is right for you to say something, it just pours out, but without pride.  In the right spirit, pride has nothing to do with it.  As a matter of fact, I have been overwhelmed with compassion during those times when I find myself releasing God's word. 

Indeed, this is my experience, too.  In fact, I often can't remember exactly what came out of mouth, but my wife does!  I'll be like, I really said that?!  It's all good, though.  The feeling I have is joy.  Joy that His Holy Spirit gave me the words to say.  I think this has something to do with the following scripture...

Mark 13:11 - "But when you are arrested and stand trial, don't worry about what to say in your defense.  Just say what God tells you to.  Then it is not you who will be speaking, but the Holy Spirit."  Just like God promised Moses in Exodus 4:12.  Just like Peter, the fisherman with no special training, did when speaking to the leaders and elders of Israel in Act 4:8-12.

Other gospels have this same statement, with slightly different nuances.  Luke 21:15 says "for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply"  Just like the Jews who debated with Stephen in Acts 6:8-10.

Of course, with Stephen, they went and told lies about him later, had him arrested, and then stoned to death.  Your mileage may vary.

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.