bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for the revealing of Christ  (Read 5303 times)

rocky

Waiting for the revealing of Christ
« on: June 03, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »

I was reading I Corinthians last night, and thinking more on carnal  (infants) versus Mature (sons).  

1Co 1:2  to the assembly of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all those calling upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place--both theirs and ours:

The Corinthians were yet carnal, but had called upon the Lord Jesus Christ and had his testimony confirmed in them, they were saints.  

1Co 1:4  I give thanks to my God always concerning you for the grace of God that was given to you in Christ Jesus,

1Co 1:5  that in every thing ye were enriched in him, in all discourse and all knowledge,

(They were enriched in him (in discourse and knowledge))

1Co 1:6  according as the testimony of the Christ was confirmed in you,

But yet we see Paul talking about them waiting for the revelation of Jesus Christ.  

1Co 1:7  so that ye are not behind in any gift, waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Just what is this revelation of Jesus Christ Paul was talking about??  

Seems they had knowledge, but not love????

For me, it seems that many infants in Christ have a knowledge of Him, this is confirmed in their testimony; yet the revelation is yet to come:  love.  

1Co 13:1  If with the tongues of men and of messengers I speak, and have not love, I have become brass sounding, or a cymbal tinkling;

1Co 13:2  and if I have prophecy, and know all the secrets, and all the knowledge, and if I have all the faith, so as to remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing;

1Co 13:10  and when that which is perfect may come, then that which is in part shall become useless.

that which is perfect may come, ??? love

1Co 13:11  When I was a babe, as a babe I was speaking, as a babe I was thinking, as a babe I was reasoning, and when I have become a man, I have made useless the things of the babe;

1Co 13:12  for we see now through a mirror obscurely, and then face to face; now I know in part, and then I shall fully know, as also I was known;

1Co 13:13  and now there doth remain faith, hope, love--these three; and the greatest of these is love.

1Jo 2:28  And now, little children, remain in him, that when he may be manifested, we may have boldness, and may not be ashamed before him, in his presence;

1Jo 3:2  beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is;

is this love being talked about, waiting for the manifestation of love???

1Jo 3:14  we--we have known that we have passed out of the death to the life, because we love the brethren; he who is not loving the brother doth remain in the death.

Saddens me to see the lacking of love I still have; at times it is there; but still am so judgmental and unforgiving;

I wish so badly there was a quick formula to get it; but I will continue to wait on Christ for this manifestation.  

God bless you all.

Daniel

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »

Rocky, we are all poor in that respect, thou sayest that thou art poor but thou art rich, blessed are the poor. Its knowing our need and poverty and being truthful with ourselves and God. Our best state is vanity and our goodness changes day by day. The struggle you bear witness of in yourself is coming to know these things in yourself. Its the revealing oof HIM to you, He is perfect and after we suffer just awhile He himself will make stablish us, make us strong and complete in Him.

He is always saving THE BEST for LAST :wink:  The HOPE of eternal life is the hope that we might KNOW HIM. Being known by Him is evidenced by the Love of God in Christ being seen in you and this hope does live in you. If at anytime we do not see what we shall be know that WHEN it is you shall be like Him and its "in THIS WORLD Freind. Once we are not able, as children are not, but its HIM who makes us ABLE.

That at least builds our faith up in His ability to perform His word "in you" and subdue (in time) all things uno Himself.

He is our hope and He is good. :D

Daniel

chrissiela

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 01:46:52 PM »

Nice verses, Rocky. I agree with you that the manifestion or revelation of Jesus Christ is "Christ in you".

And with that comes His love, which is then PERFECTED in us.

It is still a process and does not happen over-night. We must 'mature' into it.

Chrissise

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 06:03:18 PM »

When Paul wrote to the Corithiand and the Galations he was well aware that he was addressing a mixed group (Many called and a few chosen). These folks as you know were full of Knowledge. The whole Greek world was into knowledge big time. Knowledge was the national religion. This is certainly one of the areas of flesh that I have to beat down regularly.

Even though they had received Christ they still had carnal minds and ways of thinking. They were still totally involved with the flesh so the spiritual gifts fed into their “idol of their hearts� just like they do today in the present church.

They could only wait for the Revelation of Jesus Christ (just like today’s church because Paul knew that only God gives this revelation. From their perspective, they thought they had it. They did have knowledge but not wisdom. They had Phileo love but not Agape love.

Prophesy and Healings Tongues all deal with the present physical world and are external but Agape is the ultimate because involves your whole being. Read the Corinthian  love poem Chapter 13 2 –13 again with spiritual eyes .

Agape love says:  I will let you kill me because it will redeem you. There is no “selfâ€? only "other". That is why as witnesses, we are being killed every day by today’s church.  

It seems strange to me that many that post on BT seems to be either judging one of the “many calledâ€? (the funny film clips, the Esekial bread or various people OR they seem to be  anguishing over the fact that they are being judgmental of others.

I am not accusing or pointing any fingers (God knows they only end up poking my own eyes) but I am only sharing my own approach to this dilemma. God know I fall on my face every day.

I try to keep in mind that the part of ‘meâ€? that call “Iâ€?, is nailed to the cross. The “old manâ€? that was called “Iâ€? does not exist anymore (though the flesh that is still hanging on does try to exert itself.  

[i](Gal 2:20 KJVR)  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.[/i]

Dead things can do nothing once they are dead. As I walk through each day I need to keep cognizant of Christ in me and remind myself that I have a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) sign on “me�.

(Rom 8:10 KJVR)  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

Dead things can “do� nothing. It is Christ who is working through me and is now doing everything. Wow and He has given us the revelation of Himself and His plan. Since Christ is the Word. We are commanded to

(2Ti 2:15 KJVR)  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If I am a new creature then I am learning that I need to now bear witness to this blessed gift. All of the people that I encounter are going to meet “Christ in meâ€?.  My spirit “knows “that Christ loves them, like he loves me. Because of this revelation it is the first time that I can really begin to love (Agape) them. As I mature hopefully that love will be perfected in me as time goes by.

Knowing that God is totally sovereign, we know that everyone is where they are in their spiritual walk because God has made it that way. Like Mike and Ray have said over and over, it is not the people that we are to challenge. (that would be like hitting a blind man because he ran in to you) We are to take note of what they say and do. We are to use God’s word as a witness and a rebuke. For all their own words and acts will condemn them

Since God’s word will never pass away, it is the word that will give life to those that God chooses to give ears and sight to.  

Isn’t that what happened to you and me when we read first read Rays LOF series etc. We thought we were Homo Sapiens (the arrogant scientist labeled Men of Wisdom ) when we really were Homo Stupidens. (This is my own Latin definition)  When our eyes were opened, each of us saw ourselves for the first time,  as the stupid fools that we are.

Judging involves people , discernment involves spirit. We are commanded to discern.  

(1Jo 4:1 KJVR)  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

(2Ti 2:16 KJVR)  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Don’t ever apologize for the Word when it has been applied as rebuke to a blasphemous act. The people committing them will be judged by their Creator. We will "torment" them and yes we will be killed spiritually by them and someday even physically when we do this.

(Pro 10:21 KJVR)  The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.

(Pro 14:33 KJVR)  Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known

I struggle with living in this “observer� state of being but this helps me

Eph 5:7 KJVR)  Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
(Eph 5:8 KJVR)  For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
(Eph 5:9 KJVR)  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
(Eph 5:10 KJVR)  Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
(Eph 5:11 KJVR)  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
(Eph 5:12 KJVR)  For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
(Eph 5:13 KJVR)  But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
(Eph 5:14 KJVR)  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
(Eph 5:15 KJVR)  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
(Eph 5:16 KJVR)  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
(Eph 5:17 KJVR)  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(Eph 5:18 KJVR)  And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
(Eph 5:19 KJVR)  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(Eph 5:20 KJVR)  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(Eph 5:21 KJVR)  Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Beloved

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 06:35:50 PM »

A true word, bless the Lord for you Beloved, I'm in agreement with you.

Daniel

orion77

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 07:15:45 PM »

Beloved, thank you for those words.  Very, very good and right.

:D  :D  :D  8)  8)  8)

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.