bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Journey  (Read 4234 times)

kweli

Journey
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:15:41 PM »

Hello everyone

It's been too long since I last came here. Feels like years. A lot of catching up to do.

The news about Ray are a bit tough to digest. I sincerely hope that we (him included) will all be granted strength.

It is getting a bit tougher for me to travel this journey. A year ago I was sure I had a tight grip on the Cross. Now? It's my fingertips trying to at least keep contact. It's even hard to pray as I know not what to say except that GOD leads me in ALL my ways. Persecutions are getting intense. And the allure of the things of the world (lusts & pride of life) is in my face. I'm indeed caught between a Rock & a hard place. Eccleciastes 1:18 keeps ringing in my head in a very negative way.

I desperately need your prayers.
kweli

aqrinc

Re: Journey
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »

Hi Kweli,

Yes you have been missing too long, i am happy to see from you again. Below are a few Scripture
that should put your mind at rest today.

Prayers have been sent out for you already Brother, be quiet and know GOD IS IN FULL CONTROL.

John 14:26-31 (WNT) Weymouth
26  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will teach you everything, and will bring to your memories all that I have said to you.
27  Peace I leave with you: my own peace I give to you. It is not as the world gives its greetings that I give you peace. Let not your hearts be troubled or dismayed.
28  "You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and yet I am coming to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced because I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I am.
29  I have now told you before it comes to pass, that when it has come to pass you may believe.
30  In future I shall not talk much with you, for the Prince of this world is coming. And yet in me he has nothing;
31  but it is in order that the world may know that I love the Father, and that it is in obedience to the command which the Father gave me that I thus act. Rise, let us be going."

george. ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »

You'll have them Kweli, and I hope that all of us may have yours as well.  Let's count it all joy. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

Hi Kweli.  It has been a long time.  Please don't give up or give in.  I seem adrift in some things.  Praying doesn't come as easy---why pray, when its all Gods Will.  Ahhh...but the Bible says to pray.  Reading the Bible is getting harder....I'd just as soon read Ray or the forum. Keeping the thought of Jesus being close to me gets lost in the busy-ness of the day.  Yet, I trust that this is just a stage in my life.  I just wanted to let you know, you are not alone.  This walk is SO different from the "Christian" walk that I barely "look" like a "Christian" to myself anymore.  I guess thats a good thing.  Re read some of the "newbies" excitement of discovering all this and remember how we felt too.  I will "pray" for you and your journey.  God Bless and I am glad you checked in.
gena

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 04:40:02 AM »

Hi Kweli, I will keep you in prayers. I am fairly new here and still very excited. Just, to be set free from teachings of Babylon is like being let out of there fabled Hell!  Some times we find ourself in a dessert in our life. I believe, that God has a plan for those times to. If, it is sin we are going through or presecution just remember he is able to deliver us. Just, keep your eyes on him . Sometimes, I dont know what to pray. Maybe it is not for me to pray. Other times I find my heart so burden, I cannot find the words. But,  Jesus can. He is our Advocate with the Father.

I believe this too will pass. Hope this comforts you .

In His Love,
Marlene

smeacham

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:47:37 AM »

Hi Kweli,

God has been drawing/dragging me my entire life.  Sometimes the path He takes me on winds through some pretty disgusting neighborhoods.  I, too, have felt "my grip" loosen from time to time, and "my interest" ebb and flow.  But guess what?!  "My grip" and "my interest" don't matter!  God has His firm grip upon my life, and His perfect interest IN ME!  Besides, if the trip becomes easy, look around.  You may have just detoured through Babylon again!  (not that God doesn't make that detour a time or three for some of us, just to get His point across)

The path grows tougher for me as time goes on too.  I'd bet everyone here shares the same testimony.  In fact, God guarantees it in the very verse "ringing in" your head (Ecc 1:18) Indeed, much wisdom brings much grief.  At this point in my journey, these forums provide some solace and outlet for my thoughts and emotions.  Perhaps God is dragging you back here, now, for similar reasons.

Well met, in our Lord Jesus Christ...
Steve

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:35:34 PM »

Hi Kweli,
I wanted to tell you that you are not alone in the way you feel and the things you're going through. Life is a series of journeys, it's not just one long journey that once you've gotten to the end it's all good! Each phase of our life is a journey, sometimes the road is long and rough and sometimes it's relatively easy. Each one of us has hit a place in our lives that just seems too long and too hard to bear. That's why God promises to always be there, we are told to fight the good fight of faith.

One thing I can say from experience "what doesn't kill you will make you better".  When you look back from this ordeal you will realize, "Hey, I'm still alive! I lived through the worst trial of my life!" Please, Kweli, I hope I haven't insulted you with this simple post, I just ask that you hang in there and please ask us for prayer when you feel weak. Remember, His strength is made perfect in our weakness!

What Steve has just said is so true. God's grip on you is what matters and HE is holding tight to you!
Bless you and don't be afraid to ask for prayer any time you need it!
Prayers and hugs,
Kathy :)

kweli

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »

Hello everyone

Thank you all greatly for your comments and prayers. It is a relief to hear words of admonition and encouragement as I was lost in the torment of self-condemnation. Something is definitely different about me since I made the request. I was reading Colossians and realized that, although I'm not the good unorthodox christian I used to be, I'm not completely bad/lost.

Colossians 3
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also ye are called in one body, and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Thank you all once again

All Glory to GOD

Roy Coates

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »

I am going through some of my own. I hope and pray for the strength to endure as I hope and pray for you and everybody else going through tough time. Peace and Grace to you in the name of Jesus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.