bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell Does Not Equal Love  (Read 5637 times)

Marlene

Hell Does Not Equal Love
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:10:23 AM »

I was reading in Job tonight and also Mark. But, God really had my focus on Love.  I know, that most of us who came in here were so thrilled to find out there was no Hell. Some, never believed it at all that is why they came. I believed it , but grew to hate it. I had failed God before coming in here badly. He deliever me from tht sin. I could, not get the idea of Hell out of my mind. I felt, as if God would not forgive me. I literally felt like Hell. That, night God choose to show me Truths I never dreamed of. He did this by leading me to Ray's website. One of the most profound things that he wrote that struck me is , when he talked about God expecting us to love our enemies, but he could torture his. Kind of put you in mind of Babylons teachers.

I found this in Job Chapter 4 verse 17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker? So we should love our enemies but God who is the only pure one can hate them and torture them. I never thought of it that way before when I read these scriptures. I was blind.

Then, God lead my thinking into reading Mark   12  Where a scribe asked God want the first commanment was.
Verse 29 The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one . Verse 30 And thou shall love the Lord they God with all they heart,
and with all they soul, and with all they mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandment
Verse 31 And the second, is like namely Thou shalt love they neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

I know, there are many more verses on a God of Love and Justice.  These commandments take care of all the others. If, we have pure Love like God we will not break the Ten Commandments cause they hurt others , when we do. We have to have the Holy Spirit Living in Us to Love like that.

Well, I found Love in here. Just, want to let you all know that I count you all as a Blessing from God. I remember reading where Ray talked about thanking God till he falls to sleep for his Blessings. Well, I thank God every day he Lead me to Ray's website. Here I heard of the Pure Love of Christ. My eyes are open. We pray for those hurting all the time and we Pray for Ray. But, I just wanted to let you know All of You are a Blessing To Me.

Mark 12 Verse 32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he;
Verse 33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighborour as
himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Verse 34 And when Jesus saw that he answsered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God And no man after that durst ask
him any question.

Sorry, to make this so long. But, God has touched my Heart tonight by these Scriptures. Men who believe God is a torturer has not seen him I once, was guilty of this. Now, I see. I thank God that he used Ray to open my eyes. If, you have any certain scriptures that touched you. I would love to hear them.
All, Glory and Praise Goes To God!
In His Love,
Marlene

Mando

Re: Hell Does Not Equal Love
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:53:29 AM »

God bless you Marlene. I was doing a word study on Ephesians 1:10, in the king james the word is"gather".Now this word is only used twice in the N.T. The other time it's used is in Romans 13:9, in the king james the word is "comprehended". The NASB, in both verses uses "summed". My point is, that just as in Ephesians 1:10 that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might "GATHER" together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him. Now look @ Romans 13:9, just as all the commandments are "comprehended" (gathered) into one, which is Love, Christ will "comprehend" (gather) his creation into one. Can you see the connection? Praise Him.
                                   Mando

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:12:10 AM »

Marlene,
Isn't it amazing that such a powerful God is far more loving and merciful than His creation!?
this is what happens when we try to "humanize" God! People try to make God into OUR image instead of letting God make us into HIS image! Why wouldn't God burn his enemies forever in the torturous fires of hell? That's what MAN would do! How foolish we are to think that God is LESS loving than his creation!

James 2:13 (New American Standard Bible)
 13For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

A pastor I know has this on a BIG banner in the front of his church: MERCY TRIUMPHS OVER JUDGMENT!!
This verse is kind of obscure I had to search it out! What if we really BELIEVED that?? If Christians really believe that then how can they believe that God will throw anyone into hell for eternity? I explained this to my grandsons by saying to triumph over something is like to do a victory dance. You know like football players do when they make a touchdown!! ;D
So, here's mercy at the end of the game doing a VICTORY DANCE in the face of judgment!! Ha!! We know judgment is REAL and God does the judging, but in the end His judgments are NOT forever! HIS MERCY IS!!!
Kathy :D ;D

smeacham

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »

...We know judgment is REAL and God does the judging, but in the end His judgments are NOT forever! HIS MERCY IS!!!
Kathy :D ;D

Profound!

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

Hi Marlene,

Here are some Scriptures that Speak Now. Every time i look, the same Scripture Says more. It is enough to
get one giddy with Thanks and Joy and Love For GOD and Our Lord And Saviour And KING, Jesus Christ.

All HIS Judgments are Designed to bring us to What Jesus Christ said in John 10 Verses 34 & 35.

Joh 10: 27-37
27  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28  I give them eternal life, and they shall never die. No one can snatch them away from me.
29  What my Father has given me is greater than everything, and no one can snatch them away from the Father's care.
30  The Father and I are one."
31  Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him.
32  Jesus said to them, "I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?"
33  They answered, "We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!"
34  Jesus answered, "It is written in your own Law that God said, 'You are gods.'
35  We know that what the scripture says is true forever; and God called those people gods, the people to whom his message was given.
36  As for me, the Father chose me and sent me into the world. How, then, can you say that I blaspheme because I said that I am the Son of God?
37  Do not believe me, then, if I am not doing the things my Father wants me to do.

george. ;D

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »

... If, you have any certain scriptures that touched you. I would love to hear them.
All, Glory and Praise Goes To God!
In His Love,
Marlene

Hello Marlene & Everyone,

There are so many, it'd take too much room. What's amazing to me is that the more and more I study, I'm starting to notice, how much 'smaller' the Bible is getting. Not smaller in value or worth, but physically. For so long, the Bible seemed like such a large book, the thought of ever understanding it, was simply overwhelming.
But as I learn and memorize more Scriptures, and understand more of what it's teaching, whether a particular section, chapter, book, ...or as a whole, it is becoming more and more easy to find verses that I want to look up. In that way, the Bible is becoming smaller to my eyes, as they continue to be more opened.

Well, here a few Scriptures that I have kept close to me, and have really struck deep:

Proverbs 25:2: It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

James 4:10: Be humbled, then, in the Lord's sight, and He shall be exalting you.

I Timothy 2:15-16: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Matthew 23:25-28: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are cleansing the outside of the cup and the plate, yet inside they are brimming with rapacity and incontinence. Blind Pharisee! Cleanse first the inside of the cup and the plate, that their outside also may be becoming clean! "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are resembling the whitewashed sepulchers which outside, indeed, are appearing beautiful, yet inside they are crammed with the bones of the dead and all uncleanness. Thus you, also, outside, indeed, are appearing to men to be just, yet inside you are distended with hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Isaiah 1:16-17: Wash yourselves! Purge yourselves! Take away the evil of your actions from in front of My eyes! Leave off the evil! Learn to be good! Inquire for judgment! Make happy the wronged! Judge the orphan! Contend for the widow!

"Inquire for judgment" I wonder how many "Babylonians" are following this commandment?  :D

Psalms 139:11-12: If I said, Surely darkness, it snuffed me up, And night is belted about me, Even darkness, it is not darkening to You, And the night, as the day, is giving light; Darkness is as light.

- Daywalker

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »

Hello Daywalker, Wow, you just spoke, what I had been thinking today.  I am starting to find Scriptures easier and learn what Chapters are about. I have a long ways to go, but I never learned any of this while in Babylon. The Pastors picked out the scriptures he wanted to preach on and it was never like Ray has showed us on BT.  The Bible has come alive and it is so exciting you can't get enough. You are so right there are all kind of scriptures in the Bible that speaks of Love. Some men think the God of the OT was not about Love. The do not know the OT was physical. The NT is spiritual. But , both are needed.

Thanks for all who have left post. I am happy to see more pearls if someone feels led.

In His Love,
Marlene

The Bible is a book about Love

smeacham

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »

...but I never learned any of this while in Babylon. The Pastors picked out the scriptures he wanted to preach on and it was never like Ray has showed us on BT...

So true.  I was a very big advocate of context/context/context.  I would read and preach the Bible that way.  Expository preaching differs from topical preaching because it concentrates on a specific text and discusses topics covered in it, rather than a specific topic and then referencing texts covering the topic.  Expository teaching is definitely NOT that common in Babylon these days, and it used to upset me to no end.

In fact, I'm still grappling with Ray's position on "context."  Since Ray has become my primary earthly spiritual teacher, I've yet to find something that he teaches that I don't ultimately come around to his point of view.  So, I have no reason to doubt it.  I just don't have a firm grasp on WHY yet.

Steve

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »

In fact, I'm still grappling with Ray's position on "context."  Since Ray has become my primary earthly spiritual teacher, I've yet to find something that he teaches that I don't ultimately come around to his point of view.  So, I have no reason to doubt it.  I just don't have a firm grasp on WHY yet.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I Just have a bit of text to add to this conversation again. My understanding now is
that the context matters, but ones perspective is really more of a determinant to
understanding. That may sound like a philosophical argument, is it really?

GOD Has the best perspective; HE Already declared The End from The Beginning. The
sooner we (all of us) stop trying to figure it out from our perspective and go with HIS
Flow. The sooner we start to see that it is All One Thing; From GOD'S Viewpoint, the
easier it is to give up our idols.

Here Is the context from GOD'S Perspective, the only one that matters:

John 3:16-18 (CLV)
16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."

17 For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him."

18 He who is believing in Him is not being judged; yet he who is not believing has been judged already, for he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."

george. ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 12:12:56 AM »

Steve, the pastor at the last church I attended regularly was an 'expository' preacher.  Of course, his 'exposition' was fully flavored with the doctrines of men and devils, but at times he could really point out what God was saying in a passage.  This is still the kind of teaching I like best and respond to most readily.  But I've found that unless there is a foundation of truth already established, it is no less a faulty way of teaching than 'proof-texting' or covering topics.  The truth stands up to whatever 'foolishness' the teacher/preacher who knows it is led to deliver it by. 

Just so's you know, I at least started down the path to become a preacher and learned a few things about 'exegesis' and stuff.   ;D  Thankfully, there was much more evidence that God called me NOT to preach than there ever was that He called me TO preach.  Had I continued, there would likely have been a small stream of Baptist churches left smoldering in my wake.   ;D 

Though I knew there were a LOT of things that did not line up between the Scripture and my church's Doctrine and practice, I have little doubt that I could have learned to compromise after I had done my best to 'reform' it, which was a large part of what propelled me to make such a decision in the first place.  Oh God--the blind leading the blind trying to reform the Harlot.  Enough of that.  I'm blessed to have a place at the banquet the Spirit of God has laid out by Ray.  God bless his beautiful feet.  Sometimes I just want to sit and admire them.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:32 AM »

Dave,
You made me smile! That was very sweet!  :D :D

"Just so's you know, I at least started down the path to become a preacher and learned a few things about 'exegesis' and stuff.   ;D  Thankfully, there was much more evidence that God called me NOT to preach than there ever was that He called me TO preach.  Had I continued, there would likely have been a small stream of Baptist churches left smoldering in my wake.   ;D  ...
 I'm blessed to have a place at the banquet the Spirit of God has laid out by Ray.  God bless his beautiful feet.  Sometimes I just want to sit and admire them."   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.