bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I first despised babylon ? 8*) ;*)  (Read 3850 times)

Marky Mark

When I first despised babylon ? 8*) ;*)
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »

The first time I knew babylon was not for me was at the tender age of six. I can remember it like it happened yesterday.As a child growing up in the sixties my freedom to explore my feelings and surroundings were the condition of the day. Unlike today when children seem to never even want to leave their homes,as a child I could not wait to go outside and play to my hearts content.Exploring the woods and streams where I grew up was such a joy to me that I never wanted it to end. Ahh,that feeling of exploring Gods world was a most pleasant one,even to this day I truly love the outdoors and all that nature provides,oh thank you Father for all the joy you have brought to me,to be able to appreciate my natural surroundings is such a pleasure.
   The matter of my religious upbringing in the Catholic faith was a tradition in my mothers family,and so, all had to abide by it. Going to church every Sunday was the norm,with me fighting my mother the whole time. She would be yelling at us kids, get dressed for church, NOW,or else. So off to church we would go, me not enjoying the moment very much,not this place again,man I could be playing with my friends right now >:(.( Forum members ;D)...
   Now,when the time came to start the first grade,well,wouldn't you know, yes, oh no, not Catholic school.Was this to be like going to church on Sundays,but only five times per week instead of one :o,yikes this ain't gonna work for me.My mom was a good mother, but, come on mom,not this, please!!! So off to Catholic school I went.
   That morning arrived,albeit not something I was looking forward to,but play time was over,its school for you, so get moving Marky,you will love it,the words still echoing in my ears as I  boarded the bus. Hey ;D, I'm thinking on the way to my first day of school,I bet they let kids play at school too.What the heck,it cant be all bad.   
Pulling up in front of the school was like having my teeth pulled. I thought to myself while getting off the bus,I don't think this is going to work out to my advantage,  so,  while we exited the bus for the buildings I kinda took a louie and proceded away from the school and up the road and through the woods to our local shopping plaza,to spend my milk money on a bag of popcorn at the local dime store.Walking about the store grounds with popcorn in hand and not a care in the world "life is good",or is it.
   If you haven't guessed yet the "or is it" part was indeed my mother and the neighbor lady coming up on me like a swarm of angry hornets,  "busted" :P .Well, saying to myself,I guess the party's over,"back to school with you young man" , in the car, and off we went.As we pulled in front of the school in the neighbors car guess who was waiting at the entrance to the building, yup, my first grade teacher, a nun, in full habit :-[. My mom was ever so gracious and apologetic to the sister,the sister responding to mom,"dont worry,I will take care of Marky,you can leave now  ;)".
   Famous last words,as she grabs me by the scruff of my neck, pushing me into the school.Now this is one hour latter after getting off of the bus and not wanting to be where I was heading,a confined classroom.At this point sister ***** is one hot tamale,with vengeance in her eyes,spitting fire out her mouth."so you don't like my school,huh".I knew things weren't good at that point as she paraded me into her class by my hair, kicking and yelling at me in front of the rest of the class,"here's Marky class, who was a bad boy" as she threw me across the room and over a desk and onto the floor screaming the whole time "go to the desk at the back of the room and don't move,or else,wham, bam, to the moon Alice".

I think, at that point, I knew, me and babylon, were going, to be going, toe to toe , for a very long time ...  ;D 
   Come out of her indeed ;)...  ;D ;D ;D

Peace All...Mark

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:44:59 PM by Marky Mark »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: When I first despised babylon ? 8*) ;*)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Just great.  Thanks.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42:04 PM »

Hi Mark,

Good thing you were not left handed like me, in a methodist school. Lots of bruised knuckles >:(, still left handed. :o

george. ;D

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:05:26 AM »

That was not my experience at all with catholic school. I had wonderful nuns who were kind and supportive. Since my youth was a bit disfunctional to say the least, I used to go to the convent and ask to speak with different Sisters who would then come sit with me and listen, which was what I needed. I wanted to be a Sister, a Carmelite, one who stays in contemplation, praying and being still with God, a discalced one at that. But, it was not in the stars obviously. And being a girl, I think school was more to my liking. judy

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »

That is a cool little story Mark.
  My wife was born and grew up in Germany and the catholic upbringing. She has nothing but bad memories of the whole ordeal. Mean and vicious are just a few of the words she uses to describe it.
Even as a little girl she knew that something wasn't right. To her it was very scary with all their pagan symbols everywhere, but she would find peace somehow by pretending that God was her real daddy.
 She knew that God wasnt in these churches but she had a love for him as a very young girl and wanted him to protect her.
 Anyway, good story Mark

Roy

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 12:59:48 PM »

hey, I got something from it none the less. :D

Peace
Roy ;D

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

Maybe the nuns in Germany were meaner. I went to several schools and none of this took place. I sent my 4 children to Catholic school and their experience was also good. One can't always judge every school because of 1 experience. I don't make a judgement from just my own subjective experience, that is not an intelligent way to make a study on something nor does it make it right to always pass on the most negative without examing the positive. Judy

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 08:49:47 PM »

Judy,you are absolutely right and I apologize for sounding as if all are the same. It was a mistake to even comment on that subject as it was off topic. :-\
 Peace
Roy

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »

I probably am coming across as defending the schools but I was trying to get a more balanced reply. I guess we all see things differently and like I said, I think girls have a better time in school than boys. What made me take my 4 kids out of the school after 8 years was a lay teacher who had my kids doing so much BUSY work and me having to sign contracts for them with every subject. She drove me nuts! I couldn't afford high school anyway and they did like public school. I would have sent them to any christian school in their formative years as I still think they do a better job than public school. Now, I would actually home school them, judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.