bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 5781 times)

erk

New to forum
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:17:48 AM »

Hi all, my name is Eric. New to the forum. Been reading and rereading Ray's papers for quite some time now. He is an excellent teacher. I grew up Lutheran and was baptized as an infant, then as I grew into my teen years joined a youth group at a baptist church. I was persuaded by them to be baptized again. In all honesty, the only reason I joined the youth group was to do "fun stuff." Don't get me wrong, I did believe in God and Christ but for the most part I was scared to death of dying and going to hell. Eventually, I left the church and pursued my own interests. Every once in awhile I'd be invited to church and guilt would get the better of me so I'd go. It never failed, once there, I'd be asked to go back. I always had to weasel my way out of returning. I realized i wanted no part of a God that was capable of inventing and/or operating a place where our loved would be burned forever. It made no sense to me so I decided that the Bible was a book full of fairy tales; I became an atheist. I'd read the Bible quite often to prove that it was nonsense. Interestingly enough, as an atheist, I preached that the Bible was nonsense and that "Love" and "Forgiveness" were the keys to peace. Anyway, this went on for years. Then during a mythology course, I was assigned the task of giving a presentation on "The myth of hell." During my research I came across a paper written by Ray on the parable of the rich man and Lazarus. After reading the paper about ten times it finally hit me, and hard, that there was truth in what Ray was teaching. He has taught me much and I truly appreciate it. I am no longer an atheist and believe wholeheartedly that Jesus Christ Will save all. God bless you and your family Ray. God bless your family here in Christ and God Bless the whole World! My prayers are with you all.

aqrinc

Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:30:01 AM »

Hi erk,

Welcome to the dining room, what took you so long ??? oh no need to answer, GOD IS The Answer.
It is indeed foolishness to each; until our appointed time.

george. ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »

hi erk,
welcome home. we have been waiting for you. your journey here was very interesting. an atheist huh? our Father never ceases to amaze me. interesting that you new that love and forgiveness were the keys to peace yet were at the point in your journey where you felt that the bible was nonsense. now you know the awesome truths from the scriptures and how they point to the Prince of Peace. and how God is Love and forgiveness is a must if we are to ever be effectual in imitating our Father and our Brother Jesus Christ. again, welcome and i am glad you have joined us in the Living room which is also the dining room where we sit at His table. now i guess it is safe to say you are no longer erkthejerk.  ;D

claudia

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »

Welcome to the forum Erk.  :)

Marques

kenny

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »

wellcome erk

cherokee

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 09:28:24 AM »

Hey erk,

Welcome to the forum.

Suzie

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »

Welcome Eric,

In my worst of times I too did not believe,ever so thankful for my Fathers grace. Erik is my sons name also :).

Peace...Mark 

jg

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »

Welcome Eric!  Grats on being "dragged" into God's Kingdom!  Finally, you heard the GOOD NEWS!  I cant believe how most of today's so called "church" believe they are offering good news to the rest of the world.  Its like; "Believe on the Lord Jesus and have life everlasting, but if you don't you'll burn in hell forEVER!" And they call that good news. 

I don't know about you but when my eyes were finally opened to the truth through Ray's paper to John Hagee, they were immediately filled with tears of joy!  What a loving God we serve! 

Welcome Eric!
Joe

iris

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »

Hi Eric,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
It is such an oxymoron to say that God is love, yet He will burn most of His creation in real fire for all eternity.  This is the ultimate blaspheme and heresy to me. 
I hope you will enjoy the fellowship we have here, we are so blessed to have people we can discuss these things with.
Here are some things we have here that you can check out.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rockrdude

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »

Welcome Eric..

I'm still pretty new here myself, and you've found a great bunch of brothers and sisters here. I thank God for revealing the truth to you that Jesus saved ALL!

There's plenty of good reading on this site too, and all of it is spiritual 'good eats'. I think I've printed almost all of it up! What a great big pile of paper that is!  ;)

mhykx

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 07:25:39 PM »

Welcome Eric!

I'm glad you found the B-T just as a I did a couple of months ago.
Continue reading all the stuffs here an you will continually be blessed.
They are treasure indeed!

Your brother in Christ,
Mike

Phil3:10

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 11:34:46 PM »

Welcome Eric,
I am thankful that you have found the truth and can assure you that time spent in Bible-Truths is some of the best time you will spend in this life.
In HIM who is all truth,
Phil3:10

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »

Hi Eric.  Baptists do know how to do fun stuff.   :D

I had despaired of any sense of God before coming to B-T too.  It's truly a miracle when the scales fall away and we can begin to walk in newness of life.  Looking forward to fellowship with you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »

Good evening Eric,

Welcome to the world wide center for learning.

We don't claim to be exclusive and we hope others are having their minds opened, but for now it's just us.

So, enjoy the fellowship and all the friendly dialog and please share your experiences with us.

New friend, Indiana Bob

"Friendship is the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words, but pouring all right out just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful, friendly hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Linny

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »

Welcome Eric! Having been one of the sheep-like Christians who just accepted the crapola that the church passed out without recognizing the absolute contradiction to the Word of God, I for one am always impressed with someone like yourself who took the hook out of their mouth and walked away even without all the answers.
So happy that this is the time God chose to pull you back in the right way and with the truth!

You will be so blessed here if you really get into the vast amount of information available to you.

Welcome!

Lin

Ocean

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 01:29:04 AM »

Hello Eric....that is the name of my 12 yr old son...same spelling too. I'm new here (forum) but have been soaking in Ray's teachings since Jan this year. I have not looked back since...it has consumed me in ways i cannot imagine. I have a box file of LoF series next to my bed and i have to (re)read every night. Amazingly, some of the details become more clearer on the re-reads...i cannot seem to get enough of it. It is a feast-for-my-soul before my eyes closes each night.

May your journey to the TRUTH be just as rewarding and fulfilling.

Blessings Always,
Ocean

ps/
i even take my readings infront of the tv (for commercial breaks).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.