bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone nervous??  (Read 6701 times)

Kicking against the Goads

Anyone nervous??
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »

My husband and I are getting very concerned about the economy.  To the point where we are willing to sell all we have and move halfway across the country with our 6 kids (ages 2-10) and homestead it.  We don't owe alot on our house, but we do owe, and if work dries up for him here we're worried we could lose everything.  We want to be able to feed our family, not owe a penny to anyone and take yet another step in casting all our care on Him.

Of course our extended family thinks we're nuts...which is nothing new!!  But it plays in my head that maybe we are taking things too far.  Would love your thoughts!!

Thanks,
Lynn

Ninny

Re: Anyone nervous??
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:59:25 PM »

Hey Lynn,
The economy has everyone a bit nervous. You should strive to get out of debt, I don't know about the idea of selling everything and moving away... You just live the best way you can, trust God to supply all your need. If you had a chance to move out of a city, that might be smart, but then you do have to work until you don't have a job anymore. I very much like living in the country myself, we raised our sons in the country and they are grown up and have their own families now. There are many things you can do to prepare for hard times. If you Google it you can find some ideas.
I'm probably not as helpful as someone else might be! There are a few "wise guys" here who are always full of wisdom and good ideas! Indiana Bob for one he's really smart and George "aqr" they're pretty smart when it comes to all kinds of stuff!
Don't be afraid! Just hang in there!
Kathy :D

musicman

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:09:05 PM »

I'm not nervous.  I'm livid.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »

It's not a lack of faith (IMO) to prep ahead for the bad times to come.  I sure don't see this old world getting any better and indeed the scripture tells us it's going to get worse.  Most believers have no problem with preparing by having health and life insurance or by having disability or even saving money for a 'rainy day'.  Few would say that those who do such things are lacking faith. 

Indeed Noah was instructed to prepare and he did so.  Joseph was sent ahead and was shown the 7 years of plenty followed by the 7 lean years.  I think it is a good and wise thing to store up provisions as you can.  It wasn't that many years ago where everyone had gardens, root cellars and a full pantry.  It was considered good common sense.  The thing is that it is possible for people to put their faith or comfort in the supplies they have laid aside and that is putting trust in the wrong thing.  I like the saying that one should pray like it all depends on God (Which it does really) and work like it all depends on you.

Although God can do miracles and cause manna to fall from heaven, more often then not he supplies needs through other people.  There are going to be so many needing handouts in the days ahead (I feel another great depression or worse is right around the corner) that I don't want to be a burden to anyone if I can help it.  And one can certainly expect to find no help from the government.  Just a look at the disaster which was Katrina a few years ago will tell you that if it gets bad you and yours are pretty much on your own for an extended period of time.

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:41:23 AM »

Same here, nervous and livid. My family has started to replace the landscape around the house with edible landscape, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and one apple tree. We intend to add more as we go. I found some free lumber on craigslist(kinda like a local eBay) and built 5 raised bed gardens in the back yard. Grew enough veggies for the summer and stored some into early winter. We plan to increase our preservation as we learn more. We also joined a CSA. That is where you pay into a local, in this case organic farm and receive 20 to 30 pounds of veggies every week for 20 weeks. It supports the locally grown food farmers and saves us a bundle on food. Sustainability can be had even on a small lot like ours. Don't believe me check out what this family did on less than 1/4 acre http://urbanhomestead.org/journal/2008/01/01/whats-new-for-the-new-year-project-1/
There is a lot you can do right where you are at. Hope this helps, enjoy. Another good site is http://freedomgardens.org/ and http://www.pathtofreedom.com/ all related sites but good stuff

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 01:40:09 AM »

The economy is bad here in Michigan. Falconnnoo3, it doesn't sound too bad for you in your area. I guess it depends on how you look at it and where you are. Some of us can't go to the mall or eat out. Some of us lost our jobs or soon to lose them. God will surely lead us down the path we are supposed to be on. Staying in the Word is good advise. Trust in Him, that is who is compelling me to garden and grow my own food, probably cause I am going to need it for one reason or another.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »

Roy,
You are right about God preparing you in advance for what is to come! An example I have is not exactly about the economy, but about God's guidance! My daughter-in-law had been praying since their first child was born about being able to stay at home with her children. They ended up having three MORE children and she was STILL praying to stay at home!

Well, after their fourth son was born something miraculous happened, God, through someone, PROVIDED money enough for her to stay home for 6 months after the baby came! Just 7 weeks after the baby was born we found out the horrible news that their two year old had a brain tumor! My daughter-in-law said, "God provided for this so that I could stay home to care for him!" The tumor and resulting surgery are well known to the people on this forum! It was a true miracle!

So always remember that God knows what's ahead, He is in control of everything! Just trust Him for every little thing, and the big things will be easier to entrust to His care! :D
Kathy ;D

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »

If we believe God is guiding our footsteps why worry?

Now this statement is easier said than to actually live it.  Just ask the Christians or other disciples that have been slaughtered or lived through much tougher times in the past.  But I believe that this is also part of our struggle and road to perfection. 

I look back on a few times in my past that highlighted this.  The first was with my business many years ago when church and religion was a big part of my life.  Something happened that I thought would be a death blow.  I worried and prayed and worried, and didn't sleep for 2 weeks, but I finally gave in and said "God you are in charge, I can't worry anymore"  After this my business got on a rocket and I saw what happened was the best thing that could have happened.  If things would have gone like I wanted I probably would not be in business now.

The second thing was also with my business in 2003.  I had what I thought was another bad thing happen.  I worried for less than a day this time because that afternoon I looked at a webpage I had bookmarked earlier in the year call bible truths.  When I looked at it months earlier I thought this Smith guy was a nut, but for some reason I bookmarked it.  You all probably know the rest of the story.  I was given peace with God right then, and my worry over my problem was gone.  I put it in God's hands and looking back, what happened was the best thing that could have, for my business.

What I'm trying to say is, when the worst befall's us, if we believe that it is God's plan to make things perfect in the end, then we need to get the worry out of our system, worry is like getting our wires crossed to God's Spirit.  Worry takes us further away from God.  Worry makes us impose our own carnal desires and wills and is usually what makes us make bad choices and get's us into the trouble we find ourselves in.  It is like God put's a mud puddle in our paths and we step in it and start digging it deeper and deeper and we get muddier and muddier.  This too is part of our learning process, eventually we learn to let God carry us over it, like He wants to do, to begin with.

So should we prepare for the worst?  Sure, if God is leading you to stock up on food or prepare in other ways we should follow, but we need to take the worry out and believe that whatever happens is needed for the purpose of our eventual perfection.

So don't worry ;)  I know, easier said than done :)

Craig
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:25:19 PM by Craig »

Falconn003

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »

I am a bit nervous i may lose a bet i made with my brothers on the wereabouts of the church of man ??

This is their time in the spot light to help the needy,  homeless, hungry ...etc.

This is why they are granted a TAX-FREE umbrella to do such works of humanity, but they are absent when they are called up for service.

Where is the tbn evilanglist work for humanity, where are the religions in fighting foreclosures, were are the preachers words of encouragement for FAITH.

Where are all those TITHES collected in the name of God to prepare for this recession ???

Where is the hope of man's free will to harmony and prosperity.

Where is the nervousness but in those who close their ears and eyes to the sights and sounds of their suffering brethren. they hide in their tax-free mansions and ranches. they fly away in their tax-free jets and helicopters. they sail away in their tax-free sailboats and yachts. They lock themselves in their tax-free theme parks.

No they are found in the ears of lobbyist preparing for the next round of riches to be had. And we all put them there............

Peace and Strength
Rodger

May just shamybe God put this recession to show forth his glory, by annihilating carnal man's own salvation and bowing their knees of those being called out of her.    could be  8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:26:02 PM by Falconn003 »

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:52:46 PM »

Craig, you are SO right!! My husband and I owned an 18 wheeler until 9 1/2 years ago and things were going along pretty well until the engine blew in our truck, AFTER the warranty expired! :P We eventually lost everything we had! But you know it was the best thing that ever happened to us!

I feel like my husband would not be around today if he'd stayed on the road, that is a hard life for a guy in his 50's and his health wasn't the best. He's 63 now and he's a whole lot better off! The things we lost have never been missed  So things always work the way they should even if it's not what WE want to happen! Since that time I have never worried about what will be coming tomorrow. Things get scary at times, but GOD is in control and He's handling everything! ;D

Yeah, not worrying is easier said than done! We just have to remember Who's in charge! :D
Kathy ;)

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »

Hello, I agree things look bleak. But, Craig and others are right, God is in charge. I believe, God uses trials in our life to gain our trust. I have asked myself many times why does he keep putting up with me. He keeps showing me I can trust him. But, getting it to sink in is another thing. I could have lost my life a couple of years ago. He did guite a work in my life at that time. He even, led me in here. What more could I need then this. He knows, our needs. While, in Babylon we do not know we are lost, until he changes all that. I mean this world is all about fear. You get it in Church, teachings of Hell. You find it on TV . I can remember when stock market was not run all day on TV or barely mentioned. The world lives in fear because they do not have God. We can live in fear because we do not trust God. The world is full of conspiracy. But, for us it should be peace that no matter what comes our God is able to take us through it.  I always try and look at all he has brought me through. We learn patience and trust, when he takes us through these trials. Thats hard too.

I am finding out that not to watch news all the time and read conspiracy things is for my own good. My Mother dwells on it all the time. She lives with me, so it can be hard not to hear it. I just dont rely on man doing anything great. We are not to worry. But, no one said that was easy.

In His Love,
Marlene

Kicking against the Goads

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 02:44:41 PM »

Thanks everyone...Rodger, I have to echo your frustrations with the church.  We went to our pastor and suggested using part of the church's 5 cleared, flat acres to plant food.  We also told him our concerns about the tax exempt status with the gov't.  His response was, in a nutshell, "Oh well.  I have two black thumbs anyway."  This was before we realized we were fighting Babylon!!  Anyway, I feel everything we have gone through over the last 18 months is God calling us out of not only the church of Babylon, but also the bondage that mammon and the world has us in.  I'm still scared...but I feel encouraged from you all to remember where God has brought us and where it seems he's taking us.  It will be obvious if we can sell a house in this market for what we need to get that we are to pick up and go.

As far as the malls being busy still Rodger...until the rains came in Noah's day everyone was carrying on as usual (Mt 24)...except for Noah.  God told him to get ready.  It wasn't easy...God didn't build the boat for him.

You all are great...thanks!!

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 03:14:53 PM »

Am i nervous, no, am i being tried, yes. Should any of us that believe be nervous, not for a moment longer
it takes to run to The Throne Of Grace And Faith. We learn to do this with daily practice in every situation.

Scriptures and understanding is given to us for this very reason. We have the examples of Israel (carnal)
throughout The Scriptures; do not follow what Israel has proved to be wrong by their actions already.

Rather; believe The Living Word Jesus Christ Who Inspired The Apostle to write:

1Pe 4:12-19 (GW) GOD'S WORD To The Nations.
12  Dear friends, don't be surprised by the fiery troubles that are coming in order to test you. Don't feel as though something strange is happening to you,
13  but be happy as you share Christ's sufferings. Then you will also be full of joy when he appears again in his glory.
14  If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed because the Spirit of glory-the Spirit of God-is resting on you.
15  If you suffer, you shouldn't suffer for being a murderer, thief, criminal, or troublemaker.
16  If you suffer for being a Christian, don't feel ashamed, but praise God for being called that name.
17  The time has come for the judgment to begin, and it will begin with God's family. If it starts with us, what will be the end for those who refuse to obey the Good News of God?
18  If it's hard for the person who has God's approval to be saved, what will happen to the godless sinner?
19  Those who suffer because that is God's will for them must entrust themselves to a faithful creator and continue to do what is good.

george. :-X

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »

George,
 Great post in these troubling times we all live in .:)  Thank-you.

Peace...Mark

Am i nervous, no, am i being tried, yes. Should any of us that believe be nervous, not for a moment longer
it takes to run to The Throne Of Grace And Faith. We learn to do this with daily practice in every situation.

Scriptures and understanding is given to us for this very reason. We have the examples of Israel (carnal)
throughout The Scriptures; do not follow what Israel has proved to be wrong by their actions already.

Rather; believe The Living Word Jesus Christ Who Inspired The Apostle to write:

1Pe 4:12-19 (GW) GOD'S WORD To The Nations.
12  Dear friends, don't be surprised by the fiery troubles that are coming in order to test you. Don't feel as though something strange is happening to you,
13  but be happy as you share Christ's sufferings. Then you will also be full of joy when he appears again in his glory.
14  If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed because the Spirit of glory-the Spirit of God-is resting on you.
15  If you suffer, you shouldn't suffer for being a murderer, thief, criminal, or troublemaker.
16  If you suffer for being a Christian, don't feel ashamed, but praise God for being called that name.
17  The time has come for the judgment to begin, and it will begin with God's family. If it starts with us, what will be the end for those who refuse to obey the Good News of God?
18  If it's hard for the person who has God's approval to be saved, what will happen to the godless sinner?
19  Those who suffer because that is God's will for them must entrust themselves to a faithful creator and continue to do what is good.

george.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:25:18 PM by Marky Mark »

Roy Coates

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »

I too am frustrated with the tbn church and their counter parts. I am writing just such a paper to expose those folks. They have the power and money to wipe out world hunger. So does our government. 13 billion dollars is all it will take, according to the UN to alleviate the world hunger issue.

I too count it a blessing when I am tried, I can swap war stories with the best. Those time and these are preparing/perfecting us all. I thank God every day for giving me what I need to endure.

I don't have all the answers, I am just sharing what I have been led to do in the garding and becoming more self reliant area only, cause I thought that was the question.

Out standing topic and posts, Peace

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »

As we look out on the world and the signs (things happening) we need to get out of the cares and fears of what may happen. This thing of Serving GOD or Mammon is a very serious business (eonian life or death). Everything that is of the world is passing, do not take my word for it, what says the Scriptures:

1Jn 2:8 (MKJV)
Again, I write a new commandment to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true Light now shines.

1Jn 2:16  (GNB)
Everything that belongs to the world---what the sinful self desires, what people see and want, and everything in this world that people are so proud of---none of this comes from the Father; it all comes from the world.

1Jn 2:17 (GNB)
The world and everything in it that people desire is passing away; but those who do the will of God live forever.

Isa 29:13 (KJV)
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Eze 33:31  (KJV)
And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Mat 15: 7-9 (MKJV)
7  Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
8  "This people draws near to Me with their mouth, and honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
9  But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

george. :)

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »

And we are starting to move in the the politics of the world, and that is a no no.

We'll lock this up now
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.