bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: teeth  (Read 4360 times)

kenny

teeth
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:01:42 AM »

hey BT
i need your prayers in responce to a dentist visit yesterday.

from the age of 9 to the 35 i was addicted to crystal meth, doing bumps with a needle (at the least 3 times a day, MORE WHEN I GOT OLDER) then i MET the LORD and was no longer an ADDICT, never to use again. then this last year my teeth started falling out (only 16 left) and i went to the dentist, and was told that because of the effects the chemicals in meth it attacked the bones in my mouth, that the rest of them need to pulled and they say that i will not be able to get regular dentures, it has to be the kind with post's because of the bone lose, i am ok with dentures because at one time i was dying in my sins and the lord healed me and set me free and its not like i can take them with me anyway.

i am really at a lose on what kind of prayer to ask for i guess it would be for the peace and the understanding that the steps that the lord has for me are directed by him and that in the storm i consider GOD in all my ways.

aqrinc

Re: teeth
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 04:04:17 AM »

Kenny,

Done as you asked, Peace Love and Faith Brother.

george. :)

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:38:35 AM »

You are in our prayers, Kenny.

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »

Kenny,
The dentures will remind you what kind of Wonderful God we have! Every time you smile or eat you will be reminded of the consequences of sin, but the fact that you are eating and smiling means you are alive and forgiven! I will be praying for you!
Kathy :D

rockrdude

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »

Kenny,

I am having similar dental problems, but mine is hereditary in nature. I have lost or have had 2 teeth pulled recently, another one needs to come out, and my dentist wants to pull them all out and have me fitted for dentures. So, my heart goes out to you here. I KNOW this isn't any fun at all. I very much dislike having a gaping hole where a tooth once was when I open my mouth. There will be no "glorifying the flesh" in my life.. that's for sure!

All that said, I am attempting an alternate therapy for my teeth before submitting to the will of the dentist. I am using activated charcoal to draw the infections out of my gums, and now I am also trying something called "oil pulling".

It seems to be working. The charcoal has whitened my teeth, drastically improved my breath, and I can eat without pain most days.. well, at least until I tried the next step:

I am still new to oil pulling (I started earlier this week). It seems to be working as I am in a lot of pain and I feel miserable. It is drawing the infections out from behind my teeth. Yesterday I had the most painful canker sore ever as a result! It is gone today but there is still MUCH residual pain. Apparently those will subside soon and then the freedom from pain should hopefully return.

God will be with you and He will give you the peace you need to deal with this. You will at least be able to eat again, and my prayers are that this will be as pain-free as possible for you. For sure, what Kathy said is right: This will always be a reminder of the consequences of sin and a huge reminder that you have been brought out of the addictions and into His forgiveness instead.

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 01:07:02 PM »

Hey rockrdude,
 Will you explain the activated charcoal treatment in detail? Where do you get it and how do you use it?

Roy

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

Just as a side note, jacobbsladder, there are a LOT of natural remedies out there for almost EVERY ailment! If we could find them before we get "toxified" by the myriad of drugs foisted upon us by the pharmaceutical industry!  >:( We might be glad to learn of "natural remedies" someday!
Ok I'm done! Sorry mods :-[
Kathy  :(

kenny

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

hey guys the decay has been a fight for ten years now if you havent used the chemicals that is taking the bone in my mouth, they have this stuff called tooth oil(http://www.clenzology.com/clenztooth.shtml), that gave me those ten years,
it did slow it down.

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:40:20 PM »

Sorry Kenny for getting off topic. I am praying for you though.

Roy

rockrdude

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 07:37:52 PM »

Since you asked...

I got the activated charcoal at a natural health shop run by some 7th Day Adventists.
They really tried to witness to me, but got nowhere. They will probably 'love' my return visit to that store though.   ;)

The oil I purchased online since none of our area stores had any of the best kinds to use.

I take a small amount of the charcoal and add it to some water to make a slurry, and then I swish it in my mouth for a minute or so. Then I lightly brush my teeth with it. It looks nasty, but it works amazingly well. It is quite good at relieving pain.

As for the oil pulling, I am using cold pressed sunflower oil. The procedure is to take a tablespoon full on an empty stomach and swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes, and then spit it out as the oil has pulled toxins out of the body. It is important to wash your mouth out with water after this as well.

Apparently it works quite well as yet again today I have more mouth pains and canker sores, which are toxins that have come to the surface which have been expelled. It is also my second day with a low grade fever. Thankfully this will all pass soon.

Yuck! But, in Kenny's case it got him an additional 10 years, and I thank God for this! In my case, had I known about this sooner, I could have done much to prevent this. Then again, had I known the truths about God years ago, I could have done much to prevent so many things in my life from going wrong too.

But - The Lord knew these things would happen, so instead of being angry that I have these problems now, I am thankful that I have hopeful solutions. And, I am VERY thankful that God brought me from darkness into light now. While I wish it had been sooner, I am simply thankful He did it.

I am truly a blessed man!

Kenny.. God is blessing you in so many ways. I know He has purpose in all of this. Hang in there, and know you have family praying for you!

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »

I started this "oil pulling" this morning.  I spent all day at work yesterday researching this procedure and it looks promising.  I've got my husband doing it too because he always has problems with his teeth.  My only concern is that I smoke and it feels very self-defeating to pull toxins out of my body just to put them back in again by smoking.  I am really trying to cut back though. 

I am using sunflower oil as well but the only kind I could find was enhanced with vitamin E so I hope that doesn't adversely effect the process although I can't really see why it would. 

Oh well, hope it works because it's not all that pleasant.

Eileen

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »

Peace, comfort and healing in the mighty name of Jesus to you Kenny and all of us, Amen.
Praise God on reliving you of your addiction, that is huge. Thanks for sharing your testimony too. It helps me and others to hear of God's mighty works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.