bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah:1: 19-20  (Read 16456 times)

Roy Martin

Isaiah:1: 19-20
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »

Isa.1:19-20 
If you are willing and obedient,you shall eat the good of the land;20 But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Isa,66; 3-4
 Just as they have chosen their own ways,And their soul delights in their abominations,4, So will I choose their delusions,And bring their fears on them; Because when I called,no one answered, when I spoke they did not hear; But they did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I do not delight.

I want to make it clear that I agree with everything I'm learning here on BT.
I am doing something that I haven't been able to give up:( cigarettes.) Am I rebelling, or choosing my own way? I fear a death of cancer. I feel the Spirit telling me to go one day without tobacco but I refuse. Am I not answering the Spirit? Am I choosing that which He does not delight? Is it Gods will that I make this choice? I want to be obedient, but am I not willing? I want to see this in spirit and not carnal. Are these verses in reference or related to my situation? Ive read Myth of free will, and Paul's splinter.I know that all is in Gods time.I know I'm suppose to be patient and give it to God. I know I have to put on the full Armour of God because this is a battle that I cant just sit and wait for it to resolve itself. We are told to fight the good fight. Am I fighting the good fight or am I going against Gods will?
I know these are a lot of questions but I have to understand all these things.
I feel that God led me to these verses.
Some input please.

Peace and love
Roy M
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:55:22 AM by Roy Martin »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Isaiah:1: 19-20
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »

Roy Martin
am I going against Gods will?

Hello Roy

Of course we are all going against God's Will.

God's Will is that we be perfect as He is Perfect and holy as He is Holy. Are any perfect and holy yet? No. Not yet. God has not yet perfected the image of Christ in us yet but He is busy.

To be perfect and holy as God is Perfect and Holy we have first to experience functioning perfectly in accordance within the purpose of God's PLAN. Gods PLAN is not the same as God's WILL. God's PLAN is the PROCESS and God's WILL is the end result.

Part of God's plan is to bring us to the realization that we depend entirely on Him to deliver us out of what we do and who we are. We first have to realise what we do and then what we are. This is a painstaking process. If you read http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html it may encourage you in your perserverance and trust in God's Love.

We are all from out of Adam who is carnal which is enmity in deep seated hatred against God. God's Spirit and Presence changes us through His goodness and brings us to a personal realization of what evil is. It hurts, frustrates and pains us when we see that evil is so personally close to home. Only God can make us begin to understand by direct experience that we are entirely dependent upon God to save us as and when God starts to show us that we have no redeeming qualities to either change ourselves or impress Him. Only God is good.

"God is operating ALL in all" (I Cor. 12:6)

But let’s also understand that the faith to believe and the faith to be saved is as much a GIFT from God as is the very GRACE by which we are saved. It isn’t that we provide one (faith) and then God will provide the other (saving grace). No. God provides BOTH.

http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html

Arc
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:12:20 AM by Arcturus »

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »

Isa.1:19-20 
If you are willing and obedient,you shall eat the good of the land;20 But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Isa,66; 3-4
 Just as they have chosen their own ways,And their soul delights in their abominations,4, So will I choose their delusions,And bring their fears on them; Because when I called,no one answered, when I spoke they did not hear; But they did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I do not delight.

I want to make it clear that I agree with everything I'm learning here on BT.
I am doing something that I haven't been able to give up:( cigarettes.) Am I rebelling, or choosing my own way? I fear a death of cancer. I feel the Spirit telling me to go one day without tobacco but I refuse. Am I not answering the Spirit? Am I choosing that which He does not delight? Is it Gods will that I make this choice? I want to be obedient, but am I not willing? I want to see this in spirit and not carnal. Are these verses in reference or related to my situation? Ive read Myth of free will, and Paul's splinter.I know that all is in Gods time.I know I'm suppose to be patient and give it to God. I know I have to put on the full Armour of God because this is a battle that I cant just sit and wait for it to resolve itself. We are told to fight the good fight. Am I fighting the good fight or am I going against Gods will?
I know these are a lot of questions but I have to understand all these things.
I feel that God led me to these verses.
Some input please.

Peace and love
Roy M

Hello Roy,

This was in an earlier thread, but I thought it might help:

1 John 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Rom Chapter 7

14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Short excerpt from 'How Hard is Getting Saved?' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html):

All these things take a lifetime.  We’re going to live "the seals."  A third part of the man died... that’s a third part of the man in us that is going to die, a third part of the carnality.  God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass?  These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

Everything about being called, chosen, and faithful takes a lifetime...picking up our cross, baptized into His death, coming out of Babylon, etc take one's complete lifetime. These things are not simply accomplished by reciting a few scriptures, logging onto a forum, leaving a church building, or anything of those simple, outward things. These things happen IN US over our entire lifetime, in this age.

Learning to not worship the beast when it was as natural to do as breathing takes a lifetime.

[This is not to say you quitting cigarettes takes a lifetime, but time nonetheless...as with overcoming all different sins of the flesh]

Hope this helps,

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:30:36 AM »

To add from http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

God has set man and Satan (his very name means adversary) AGAINST HIS OWN WILL for a period of time. But during this period when everyone goes against God’s will, God INTENDS them to do so. And when God no longer "intends" for there to be any more adversaries or enemies opposing Him or His will, He will remove all such opposition (See I Cor. 15:21-28). ALL OF GOD’S WILL, WILL THEN BE DONE!

Arc

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »

Hi Roy,

Here are a few emails that might help.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2888.0.html ------

You are right, I cannot help you overcome your carnal sins. That is something that
we all have to do between ourselves and God. God is dealing with you and will
continue to deal with you. I cannot change God's timing for what He has in store
for your life.  Those of us who are maybe a little more mature, have all gone
through what you are going through.  That's why the Bible calls us BEASTS. We
often think and act and desire as do BEASTS.  You will not quit sinning until
God deems it time for you to quit, but in the mean time, you will come to hate
your sins, and still will not be able to overcome them. You will cry out to the only
One Who can help you. We all must make our "walk through the valley of the
shadow of death."  It is not a pleasant journey, but to come through it and have
a clean and clear conscious for the first time in your life, is itself quite rewarding.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4069.0.html --------

With all due respect, it is not because of a lack of knowledge that your are not having victory over your sins. There comes a time to DO what you already know. However, I will come to your defense by stating that you will not become victorious over most of your sins unless and untill God determines that it is now time. I can only speak with authority when it comes to my own life. I had veasures of success in overcoming some things virtually the moment I learned the truth concerning them. For example, I quite using the Name of Jesus and God in profanity the week I came to realize how bad it was, and that was forty-five years ago, and I have never slipped up on it even once since then.   

But the "lust of the flesh and the lust of the eys and the pride of life," are the biggies that God will allow to drag on in one's life until they really get sick of these sins. Some people never get sick of these sins--they LIKE them.  But the "Goodness of God" (Rom. 2:4) can make you repent and abhore these things.  We never conquer every sin as long as we are in the flesh, but we can come to the place that "sin no longer REIGNS over us."  I have no desire to sin. I do not think about sinning. There is nothing in the realm of sin that has any value to me.  I'll let Jesus be my Judge as to how far I have come in overcoming sin.  You have to cry out to God to rescue from sin. You cannot and you will not do it on your own power.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1681.0.html -------

Yes, "been there; done that."  You can't of yourself get yourself out of your sin and misery.  You desire it, but you will not find the strenght in yourself to do it.  God brings all of His chosen elect to the place in their life where they hate life; they hate themselves; and often hate God.  When you get that low and are so very thoroughly convinced that you can and will never overcome you most horrible sins, that is when God will come to your rescue.  You must be convinced that if you are saved from yourself and your sins, that it was God that did it and not you. I am convinced of that in my life. If God is choosing you, then it will also happen in your life.  Just keep praying and obeying until God gives you the victory over yourself and your sin. I will pray for you.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1721.0.html -------

"trusting God will all your might and questioning your faith at the same time" is what we call a "contradiction."  You obviously do NOT trust in God with all your might. YOU HAVE NO MIGHT!  And neither do I or anyone else. This is a great part of your problem.  You are looking to yourself for success and looking to yourself for failure. Get your eyes OFF OF YOURSELF.

"...how can 'I' find peace and confidence in 'MYSELF?'"  Answer:  YOU CAN'T.  You will never ever find peace and confidence until it comes FROM God and is IN GOD.  "For we and the circumcision [those who have had the flesh, carnal mind, CUT from us--the mind that believes in self-confidence and self-improvement] which worship God in the SPIRIT, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH [OUR flesh--our carnal mind]" (Phil. 3:3).

"been there done that."  You will NOT get yourself out and neither did I get myself out--But GOD DID.  God is in control of your life. You cannot force God's hand. God moves according to His plan and purpose, not ours. The fact that you are asking me these questions could be a sign that God is beginning to deal with you, but He will show you what you must do, and you will then do it.  I am just a teacher and a "preacher of foolishness" (I Cor. 1:21-24).  But God USES the preaching of foolishness [That is:  God uses the poor grammar and ackward words and phrases and mis-spelled that I use to teach and write with TO CHANGE THE SPIRITUAL LIVES of those whom God is calling out of this world. God can accomplish one of His greatest miracles in the universe, that of spiritaully converting and regenerating a carnal mind into a spiritual mind, through what, on the surface, may seem to many to be 'foolishness'] of preaching to SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE."

Don't become discouraged. You are just as God desires you to be AT THIS TIME.  I know how discouraging it can be to not be able to have "dominion" over your sins.  But in God's time, you will have the victory, and it will come from God, not yourself.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4098.0.html --------

It is GOOD that we should feel embarrassed over our sins. My past sins are an embarrassment to me when I from time to time think about them. If they were NOT an embarrassment to me, I might still be committing these same stupid and lustful acts.  Embarrassment and guilt are good for us. These feelings first make us realize that these things are lustful, and wrong, and stupid.  But we will not have victory over them unless and until God reveals to us their real purpose and need to get rid of them.

Where did the mechanism by which Eve:  "saw that the tree was GOOD FOR FOOD, and that it was PLEASANT TO THE EYES, and a tree to be desired to MAKE ONE WISE..." come from in the first place?  Did SHE create these desires in her heart and mind and soul?  Get real--SHE HAD NOT A CLUE!  God created humanity in the spiritually weakened state in which we find ourselves, but there is a great and grand reason and purpose for it.

There is a "SPIRITUAL GREATNESS" that is achieved by the conquering of illegal pulls [spiritually 'illegal'] of the flesh and the stupid sensual lust for self-gratification.  These things are not good, in and by themselves, as modern psychologists might try to convince us, but they do serve a good purpose when they embarrass us and make us feel guilty. Embarrassment and guilt are the precursors to REPENTANCE.

We must come to the place in our lives where we not only desire to obey the laws of the land, the powers ordained by God to somewhat limit the evils of society, but to also obey the Laws of GOD.  We want and desire to do what God says, not because we have figured out all the logical logistics of His commandments, but because we desire to OBEY HIM REGARDLESS of how well we understand all the reasons why God tells us to do and not do certain things.

Christians will argue;  "Well I don't see the harm in teaching my little ones about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny."  Of course they don't. To their carnal minds the commandment of God to "Learn NOT THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN" has little or no effect on their attempt to worship God as they please.

When you see the "SIN in sin" and start to hate sin as God hates sin, then and only then will you make progress in eliminating these things in your life. Of course, you know, when I say such things it means that God is bringing this about in your thinking and God is enabling you to have to the power to actually conquer these pulls of the flesh.  All we who have had a measure of success in victory over sin to the point that sin "no longer has DOMINION over us" (Rom. 6:8-19), desired to be free from sin LONG BEFORE IT EVER ACTUALLY CAME ABOUT! I believe that most of my readers will say "A-men" to that!

Be patient and do not stop crying out to God for deliverance, for in time God will grant you the fruit of righteousness.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1026.0.html -------

There is no magic bullet that will save you today from all your sins and problems. As you have stated YOU have tried and tried and failed time and again. ONLY GOD can save you from all of your sins.  I can teach you the truths of the Scriptures, but overcoming the sins of the flesh is something that only God can do for you. I know the feeling. I have been there; done that.  But God is faithful, and if you continue to hate your flesh and your sins and cry out to God, He will hear you.  So be encouraged.  Many have gone before you and have obtained the victory over sin. We are never totally free from all sin, but we do reach the place where sin no longer has dominion over us, and that is a great feeling.  Don't do ANYTHING that gives you a guilty conscience.  Don't GO anywhere, don't DO anything, don't SAY anything for which you feel guilty or wouldn't want your wife, children and par ents to see you doing.  People condemn me and say all kinds of hateful lies about me on a daily basis.  But my conscience is CLEAR before God, and so I don't have to answer to all my hate-filled detractors.  Take God with you wherever you go and your whole life will change.

God be with you,

Ray

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 01:25:51 PM »

Quote from: Ray

When you see the "SIN in sin" and start to hate sin as God hates sin, then and only then will you make progress in eliminating these things in your life. Of course, you know, when I say such things it means that God is bringing this about in your thinking and God is enabling you to have to the power to actually conquer these pulls of the flesh.  All we who have had a measure of success in victory over sin to the point that sin "no longer has DOMINION over us" (Rom. 6:8-19), desired to be free from sin LONG BEFORE IT EVER ACTUALLY CAME ABOUT! I believe that most of my readers will say "A-men" to that!

A-men!!

Quote from: Roy Martin

Am I choosing that which He does not delight? Is it Gods will that I make this choice?

There are so many emails about choices, nevertheless, this is one of my favorites.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2368.0.html

It is true that this is all so deep and one will not hear it preached anywhere.  I have always believed God is soveriegn, but honestly never turned my head at the thought that He did not create men to make their own choices.  Nothing makes sense to me if that is the truth.  But reading what you have expounded on makes so much sense, but in truth, is very hard to wrap my mind around!

I have been taught ALL of my life that we have to accept or reject Christ.  That there is a heaven and an eternal hell.  And that anyone who believes otherwise is a heretic and condemned already, etc.,etc.,etc.  I admit, I do not completely understand it all, but what a joy to know that God will not lose a soul to eternal torment.  And I admit, part of me is afraid to believe that because I have had it drilled in my head all my life that Hell is a real place of eternal fire and torment, and if I didn't believe that, well, I'd be going there.  UGH.

What are your thoughts on prayer-do you have something already written.  God wants us to pray for things to happen, right?  Or am I wrong.  Does He place those ideas to pray for this or that in us?  Maybe I am answering my own question.  The questions are too numerous to count.  I am afraid a bit of finding out the truth about things-it's scary territory to walk out from where you thought you were safe, and where everyone else is remaining, including those you dearly love.  How do you handle that?  Those around you who do not see what you see?  How do you deal with them?  I have yet to pull out my Bible and start digging for myself.  I guess I'd better get to it.

In His name,

Beth 

Dear Beth:

We DO make all our own choices, it's just that we do not make them independent of the Sovereignty of God.   A child can pay his own way into a movie theather--with his FATHER'S money.

I have a paper on our home page:  "Praying by God's Rules."

God be with you,

Ray   
Sir,
    You said,

"We DO make all our own choices, it's just that we do not make them independent of the Sovereignty of God.   A child can pay his own way into a movie theather--with his FATHER'S money."

So, am I correct in saying that we DO choose to do right or wrong, it's just that the choices to do either have been placed there by God to begin with.  Doesn't He want us to do good, to make right choices?  But He "CAUSES" us to do good or evil for His own purpose.  That sounds a bit odd to me.  If God places choices before us, then pushes us in one certain direction, knowing that we will go that way because of the circumstance he has placed before us, then in essence, we really are not making our own choice.  We do not have free will, BUT we do have ability to make choices from the options we are allowed to see?  Yet God is making sure we make the "right" choices in order to carry out His plans for the whole world?  I am feeling a bit confused, and I bet you are going to say, "Read it again."  I will try to read about prayer.

Thank you for your time

Beth

Dear Beth:

Actually you are beginning to understand it. You have stated it correctly, although you have a little trouble believing it. Yes, God has determined our choices and He has determine the outcome of everything. That is how He knows all will be well with all.

You do have choices and you do make your choices. You have a choice between apple pie for dessert or cherry pie for dessert.  It is YOUR CHOICE.  You can and will choose the one that YOU PREFER.  God does not force or make you choose the cherry when you really want the apple.  Have you EVER had such a thing happen to you?  Of course not. Well, then, you DO make your own choices and you choose what YOU prefer.  This is not as hard as we make it.  But of course you cannot choose the apple if God has predetermined that you will choose the cherry.  But that's okay, because you will not WANT the apple if God has predetermined that you must choose the cherry. Think about it a few hundred hours and your will have it down pat.

God be with you,

Ray
By the way, why does God care wether I have apple pie or cherry pie?  Just a thought. :-)

Dear Beth:
There could be hundreds of reasons:  God may want the the apple industry to decline or increase for purposes of forcing new industry in a particular area of the country.  He might use weather patterns to effect the production of one over the other, thus making one or the other many times more expensive, thus causing a decline in purchasing cherry pies or apple pies, which would then effect other crops in a particular part of a country or nation, which would effect that area's economy, for purposes of causes unemployment or more employment (as the case may be according to His intentions), which could then effect the economy of a whole nation which would have a direct cause and effect relationship between other nations, and the ENTIRE WORLD, etc.
God be with you,
Ray 
Sir,
    That last part you wrote about thinking about it for hundreds of hours made me chuckle.  Laugh, actually.  I know this is not funny stuff.  But it can sound funny, even ridiculous after a while.:-)  God is good.  I know he has brought me to this place, and it has thrilled my heart so!  Blessings to you and all you do.  And thanks so much for your help with my questions, though you are busy!  Now what do I do?  Whare do I go from here?  Does this change anything for me?  How I raise my kids, live my life?  These are not questions for YOU to answer, but they are certainly things I have been thinking about the past few days!  Like I said, all that you write goes against the beliefs of virtually everyone in my life.  And I love them very much.  I love the truth too.  I am in no way ready to share all that I am learning-I have only just begun to learn.  An d so I guess I will just keep seeking to learn truth.  At any rate, thank you for teaching truth.

In Christ's Love

Beth

Dear Beth:
It will change you life, once you come to believe these truths to the depth of your being. I exaggerate not when I say that I have meditated hundreds and thousands of hours over these truths. That is why no theologian with twelve college degrees can come up with an intelligent argument against these truths, even though they themselves believe the complete opposite.  One giant benefit of knowing that all is of God according to His plan and intention, is that you will no longer cry over spilt milk. Yesterday's problems and heartaches will not haunt you. You will not worry anymore over why you didn't do differently. NOW you can learn and do differently--FORGETTING THE PAST.
God be with you,
Ray

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:29:33 PM by Patrick »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »

Roy,

I hope you are feeling strengthened and encouraged by all the excellent replies you have just received. 

I am sure that many who read this forum have benefited greatly by being reminded of these spiritual truths.  I know I have. :)

René

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »

Roy, there are good post here. I just, read these too.

But, only God is able to help us overcome. I have found this over the years. I use to have a really bad addiction to food. I am better about it then I use to be. He helped me over come the urge to overeat all the time. But, I still struggle because I still like sweet foods, better then other foods.  Yes, we have our choices that get in our way. Shows no free will there. If, I had free will this struggle would be all over. I want it to all go away.

I am a diabetic and it is really hard. Diabetics love sweets. It is a constant battle. You have to have food. But, you don't have to have bad foods. For the most part I eat good foods. But, I have my moments and I always end up hateing myself for eating the wrong things. I have asked God many times to take this urge for sweets away. But, I learned a scripture one time in the Bible when I was in a big battle to overcome a sin in my life. It is that God provides a way out of every temptation. Last, night I was making out the grocery list for my Husband. I wanted an otameal cookie. This morning I crossed it off.
I dont need it. Now, I am sure God enabled me to do this, because i wanted it. Lots of my medications make you hungry and one even causes you to crave sweets. I keep  telling myself if you leave them alone maybe I can quit taking the pills. God has to be greater then the food or pills in me. So, I just keep trusting , but now he has me actually trying. But, it is a long and hard battle and one he has taught me most of my life.

I know, smoking addiction is hard because that builds up in your body and is hard to get out. I worked for a Hotel and had to take care of the lounge. I never smoked or was around it. But, it built up in my body and I did not have a voice for two weeks. Had to go have treatments at the hospital cause I was in critical condition with my lungs. Left, that job and never had trouble withit after that.

But, I know what addiction to food is like.

All, I can do is pray for you. I am sure others will pray for you , also.

God will work it all out in his time. He will show you how. You atleast don't want it in your life.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »

Amen Rodger, Great Post

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »

Roger,

That analogy is inspired Of GOD, funny but i understand every bit of the similitude you use.

Preparation is a wonderful thing; we almost never know why we do or not do something.

GOD Always Knows Why; HE Has us do, or not do everything; that is All Knowing.

1Jn 3: 18-20
18  My children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
19  And in this we shall know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him,
20  that if our heart accuses us, God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:53:39 PM by aqr »

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »

Roy,

What I see, from your plea concerning the doubt in your mind, as to whether or not what choices you make about smoking, is a good thing. We all have to go through difficult things in life, this is Gods will. To think any other way is just a plain Spiritual denial.God will do of His own good pleasure and mold us to what He desires and not what we desire.You seem to be at a point in your walk with cigarettes where the Spirit is saying to you that this mistake needs to be rectified ,you understand this mistake, and so,you want to take action, and give our Father all the glory for opening up your eyes and bringing all of your Spiritual concerns to the surface(where they can be dealt with).Roy,the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.I think this may be something that Father wants you to know,the time for repentance(turning away)has come,change is hard but again that is what this life is all about,to do the right thing, and thank God for the grace, and faith to do it.

All Praise &Glory to the Father   

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »

Wow! Everyone of you have given me much to read and dwell on. I have read all of your replies and a few of the links you provided. Its going to take me a few days to read all of them thoroughly. I can already see from a couple that I read that all of my questions and concerns are going to be answered.
 This means a lot to me to understand these things. I have been wanting to ask these questions since my,( Cant quit smoking) post, but didn't know how to ask, or I should say, I didn't have the right question.
I will read and study all of your answers and links until I cling to them. Thank you everyone of you for your time and patience and understanding. I really want to, and look forward to the day, soon that I will be posting on being delivered from tobacco. I know it will happen. It just seems so close that I can feel it. Suddenly I feel as if a heavy load has been taken off of me. I almost know how to explain it but cant.
 I had to stop in the middle of one of the first links provided above. I wont repeat it, but it was a much different prayer from the others Ive prayed. The prayer seemed so right as it flowed out of me w/o first thoughts. All of you have excellent answers and links. I will get back to each one of you as I read and pray. Thanks
 All of you have a beautiful and blessed day as you have blessed me very much.

Peace and love
Roy M

judith collier

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 02:31:21 AM »

Wow, I have enough to feast on for a month of Sundays. I too smoke and if it takes as long to stop, then I will be long gone before that time comes. Now, I am going to say something that even sounds stupid to me who can get pretty stupid. I found out a long time ago I COULDN"T quit smoking even with all the aids and I am terrified of the newest one(it can cause seizures) So, I prayed that God would either deliver me or at least let me die of something else(I am so afraid of shortness of breath) About a few months later I found out I had CLL leukemia. I told God I didn't think that was funny. Was it my stupid prayer or is there no connection? Judy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 06:28:37 AM »

Hi Judy

No man has ever in the history of the world received an answer to a prayer for something from God that God did not already have in His plan to give him.

Let’s now understand this most profound truth. It isn’t just that, "…we know not what we should pray for as we ought…" No, it is much more profound then just that, it is that "….for we know not what we should pray for, to accord with what MUST BE, we are not aware…" Why does the spirit aid our infirmity? What is our infirmity? Our infirmity is that we don’t know what to pray for that will absolutely always be in accord with what must be God’s will, and God’s will is "what must be." And since none of us has perfect foreknowledge of what God’s will must be,God's Spirit aids those who are obedient to Him, in requesting and praying about, the right things, so our prayers aren't in vain. Ref PRAYING BY GOD’S RULES http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

Arc

jg

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »

Roy,

You and I have talked about this, we're in the same boat, so I wanted to chime in. 

I pray you will be granted wisdom in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.  There is a reason for that prayer, because the more you know about why Jesus came, the more free you will become.

While reading this thread, I saw something.  When we finally come to the realization that we can't do anything on our own that's when God steps in.  What a revalation!  If we could conquer our sins on our own, we would be boastful, proud.

The fact is, God loves us, me, you,, just the way we are, right now. If something needs to be changed, He will do it.   You will quit, and so will I, when God deams it time, but some things need to happen first.

I love the post above that talks about us hating our sin, hating our life, hating that we are not strong enough to do what we know is the right thing to do. Why? Because until we come to the point in our lives that we know and understand it is NOT in us to be able to do good, we'll never be able to let God do it for us.

When we sin, we become disapointed in ourselves don't we?
Look at what disapointment in ourselves can do.  I know in my life, when I sin, I feel guilty. In the past, I would be ashamed to ask God to forgive me,,,I stopped praying, I stopped talking to God. I stopped communing with God.  Dont get me wrong, it is good to feel that disapointment, to feel that shame, but if we're not careful it will rob of us of our relationship with God.

Reading this post I saw that God loves me and isnt abandoning me when I sin.  I'll go so far as to say I was suposed to sin so that His work could be done in me.  I see I am not able to just stop, but it is His will in my life to finally come to the conclusion that without Him, I can do nothing. But the good thing is, out of all this comes peace. Peace with God, knowing He is still working in me to bring me to what He wants in me. 

God is changing you.  He is bringing you to the realization that you can't stop on your own.  He is bringing you to a deeper understanding of what is yours through Jesus Christ. Forgiveness,,,even when you sin, God still loves you, just the way you are.  I pray too that God will give you ears to hear what the Spirit is saying in His Word. 

Yes, He is changing you. Let Him do his work.  Stop listening to the adversary when he tells you that you're not worthy to be chosen.  God does the choosing, not you.  God does the changing, not you.  Continue to pray, to ask God to bring you to the place in your walk that you realize you can't do it, then relax in knowing that you are right where you're suposed to be in your walk.  It's hard to admit sometimes that we aren't able to do what we know is right, but it's true. 

I'm not saying be satisfied. No. Desire with all your heart for God's change to happen and pray for that, but just know that God isn't condemming you because you're not strong enough to conquer this sin, or any other for that matter.

Rest in Him.  Stop condemming yourself. (if that's what is going on with you as it was with me)

If this doesnt speak to you at least I spoke to myself.  Today, I have a better understanding of God's forgiveness through Jesus.  Today, I know He is working in me to change and I know I can't do this on my own. 

Joe

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »

Joe I can see a lot of change in you in just a week. Man, God is working in you. Can you start to see the connection I spoke about in my PM to you?
 You are so right though in your reply, and so is everyone else. I still haven't read all of the links provided to this post but my wife Silvia has, and she was like wow. I will be reading all of it later today and I expect a revelation and major breakthrough.
 Kenny was talking to me about some of this the other day and he said that God will get the glory and not me. He suggested that I pray for someone or people to enter my path that has the same issue so that God can let His Glory be seen by delivering me or someone from tobacco. I prayed that prayer.
I know that I cant do it. Its not for me to say that I did it. Yes God wants the Glory and He will have it.
 I'm glad I started this post or I should say God led me to start this post. We all agree that there is a reason for everything.
 I love growing and having my eyes opened. Hey there's a song in that.

Good day to you
Roy
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:38:13 AM by Roy Martin »

Roy Martin

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 11:13:23 PM »

OK everyone, you people are darn good at being brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm so overwhelmed at the difference in the people on this forum that know the truth from those in the churches that are blind; as we all once were, but still growing as the light gets brighter.
 I can see Gods work in every post Ive read, well with the exception of Pet cemetery ;D. I appreciate you musicman.
 I received a PM from Ches that led me to his topic;( Selfish praying). That just blew me away.
   We start a topic or question and so many doors get open to us, and we know that its God in charge of all of it. He isn't just behind it; He is in front of it all the way.
 It is such a blessing to have been led here, to get to know all of you yet to come.
 Peace and love
 Roy M

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 01:14:26 AM »

Roy,

Keep looking, asking, Praying and reading The Scriptures, it takes all that and then some.
This preparation for whatever is ahead is deadly serious business. The rewards are great
to get, but even more i believe will be the extra work now; that pays off for a new Sister
or Brother; we can help in some way later because we were diligent now.

Luk 10: 38-42 (GNB)
38  As Jesus and his disciples went on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha welcomed him in her home.
39  She had a sister named Mary, who sat down at the feet of the Lord and listened to his teaching.
40  Martha was upset over all the work she had to do, so she came and said, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself ? Tell her to come and help me!"
41  The Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha! You are worried and troubled over so many things,
42  but just one is needed. Mary has chosen the right thing, and it will not be taken away from her."

george. :)

Mando

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 02:35:41 AM »

Blessed are the poor in spirit; it's the first BLESSED in the Sermon on the Mount. To recognize you are poor in spirit is the first step of God working in your life. God bless you and may He only give you strenght. Read Joshua chapter 1. God doesnt promise us material and physical success, what He does promise us is spiritual success and that is what matters. Paul said he learned the secret to being content 'whit or whitout'. Only IF we trust in Him. psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strenghten thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
                                                                              Praise Him
                                                                                           Mando

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »

George, I see your point. ;)
   It was just God and me for 5 years. Three of that was in prison. He is all I had and needed, no one else.
 He took me here and there, He took me down and up several times with yet more to come I'm sure.
 He showed me things about Babylon that led me out of it.He led us here to show us truth.He gave us each other to fellowship and learn from each other and grow together. He gave us you. Its all for a reason.
  There is nothing like one on one with our Father. Its all a part of the big package, and plan, and Gods will.
 What am I doing telling you this?
 Its a beautiful day.

Roy M
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.