bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah:1: 19-20  (Read 16467 times)

Ninny

Re: Isaiah:1: 19-20
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 08:56:50 AM »

I just thought of something while reading this thread, in the sermon on the mount, I believe it was, Jesus was talking to the disciples he told Peter something in Luke 22:32 that always makes me stop and think! We never think about the disciples not having been converted while Jesus was there with them! Jesus told Peter that He prayed that when he (Peter) was converted he would "strengthen the brethren"! I guess when we realize there are sins that we are addicted to and no longer want them in our life that is a part of our conversion! That just because we have accepted Jesus as our Savior and follow His ways doesn't mean we have been "converted"! I think that is a process like anything else it's BEING converted BEING changed. God does it and is doing it in us all the time, an ongoing process! So your desire, your STRONG desire to quit smoking is being planted in you by God himself! You are ready to get rid of the sin and God himself will do it! Don't know if that makes any sense to you, but that just came to me.
Kathy

Roy Martin

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »

Well received Kathy, yep I see and feel it happening :D

Roy

kenny

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 01:54:51 PM »

deliverance and healing in all the miracles that Christ preformed, were Seen or witnessed by someone, even the lady with the issue of blood Jesus turned and spoke so those around could see the power of the lord manifest.
Jesus spoke so that those around him could see the MANIFESTED POWER or the LORD.

To receive a DELIVERANCE/HEALING does it have to witnessed by someone or a group for there to be a MANIFESTATION OF GODS POWER.

just a thought/question

Mat 9:19  And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples.
Mat 9:20  And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
Mat 9:21  For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
Mat 9:22  But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

aqrinc

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »

To receive a DELIVERANCE/HEALING does it have to witnessed by someone or a group for there to be a MANIFESTATION OF GODS POWER.

just a thought/question

Kenny,

To your thought/question, read the 2 verses below. GOD IS Not constrained by anything, those things were done in public for our teaching, learning, admonition just like the Scriptures Say.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (MKJV)
16  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17  that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

george. ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »

Roy Martin
am I going against Gods will?

Hello Roy

Of course we are all going against God's Will.

God's Will is that we be perfect as He is Perfect and holy as He is Holy. Are any perfect and holy yet? No. Not yet. God has not yet perfected the image of Christ in us yet but He is busy.

To be perfect and holy as God is Perfect and Holy we have first to experience functioning perfectly in accordance within the purpose of God's PLAN. Gods PLAN is not the same as God's WILL. God's PLAN is the PROCESS and God's WILL is the end result.

Part of God's plan is to bring us to the realization that we depend entirely on Him to deliver us out of what we do and who we are. We first have to realise what we do and then what we are. This is a painstaking process. If you read http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html it may encourage you in your perserverance and trust in God's Love.

We are all from out of Adam who is carnal which is enmity in deep seated hatred against God. God's Spirit and Presence changes us through His goodness and brings us to a personal realization of what evil is. It hurts, frustrates and pains us when we see that evil is so personally close to home. Only God can make us begin to understand by direct experience that we are entirely dependent upon God to save us as and when God starts to show us that we have no redeeming qualities to either change ourselves or impress Him. Only God is good.

"God is operating ALL in all" (I Cor. 12:6)

But let’s also understand that the faith to believe and the faith to be saved is as much a GIFT from God as is the very GRACE by which we are saved. It isn’t that we provide one (faith) and then God will provide the other (saving grace). No. God provides BOTH.

http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html

Arc

Hello Arc,

Thank you for this post.. it really helped me. I've been struggling with that home that you mentioned is so close to us like everyone else and it is extremely painful and disheartening, especially when you feel like you've had enough, seen enough and yet all God seems to tell you is patience.. patience... how long oh Lord? How about right now please.. i've seen enough of the beast that is within and yet nothing.... Truly the saint makes war with the beast but the saint is overcome everytime he tries :/

Amrhrasach

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1681.0.html -------

Yes, "been there; done that."  You can't of yourself get yourself out of your sin and misery.  You desire it, but you will not find the strenght in yourself to do it.  God brings all of His chosen elect to the place in their life where they hate life; they hate themselves; and often hate God.   When you get that low and are so very thoroughly convinced that you can and will never overcome you most horrible sins, that is when God will come to your rescue.  You must be convinced that if you are saved from yourself and your sins, that it was God that did it and not you. I am convinced of that in my life. If God is choosing you, then it will also happen in your life.  Just keep praying and obeying until God gives you the victory over yourself and your sin. I will pray for you.

God be with you,

Ray

And here I was thinking absolutely, postively, surely and thoroughly of the satanly sifted kind..............that I was losing my mind.     I could see light, dimly, at the end of the tunnel.  So it isn't a train, after all.

Thanks for that Kat.

(as well as thanks to all others for the additional great posts on this thread)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »

I know what you mean lilitalienboi16. It gets so painful at times that I have found myself saying to the Lord, "Please Lord, finish what You are doing QUICKLY. "Then I feel I am asking the WRONG thing and I repent because how else can I learn patience but S-L-O-W-L-Y.

As Ray says and is pointed out, that God brings all of His chosen elect to the place in their life where they hate life; they hate themselves; and often hate God. this process of learning that we are the Beast has to take time because we other wise could not bear it.

We have to get over being overcome and learn by direct experience that we can only endure or bear anything not because of any redeeming qualities or powers we have but only because and entirely due to the faith and power of the Spirit of Christ. To Him, our first love, we have to return and "....it takes the very presence of Jesus Christ to dispel the beast of humanistic self-determinism.http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html
Arc
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:32:43 PM by Arcturus »

inezray46

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 08:22:57 PM »

Roy,I don't have any answers but I do have some experience. I started smoking when I was 13. I was the baby of six siblings and they all smoked. Back then it was almost a rite of passage. In 1973 I came to faith in Jesus and was very joyous. After a few weeks of great joy I had to deal with the reality of my guilt. Smoking cigerettes was the huge outside sin that people could see and it tormented me daily because I would try and try to quit and always go back.  It would consome me for five years until I finally laid it down. It was hard but I was given the ability to go through the emotional pain. Quitting smoking is like losing a freind. I was amazed that I was able to do it. I quit for ten years. Our church life and the crazy things that went on in our lives was very tramatic. Spirtual abuse and betrayal was enough and we got out of it and haven't been back since. My husband didn't want anything to do with God but I wanted a relationship with him so the internet became my fellowship with believers. I found Ray Smith through my search and It freed me.

That isn't the end of the story. I started smoking again after 10 years. In my flesh I felt God didn"t love me and questioned everything. I started back out of rebellion and I felt I got my friend back, those nasty cigerettes. I quit in 1988 and smoked up until 2006 until I was diagnosed with lung cancer. I smoked up until my surgery and haven't smoked since. It was not hard to quit and I have not had any desire to smoke. If there was the slightest urge to smoke I would but I know that God made somehting click in my brain and it wasn't me.

I wish I could say in the flesh that I have a happy ending but not there yet. I was in the hospital yesterday and was told that cancer is back. I need a pet scan to confirm but it doesn't sound good. I might have cancer in the brain and several other places. I was shocked but I have a peace about me that can only come from God. I am ready for whatever God has in store and want to be a example of courage and strength to all my family. Please if you are led pray for my children and grandchildren. They are not handling it very well but I have to believe in God's grace for them.

Please enjoy your life and give up the fight. You will quit when it is time or you may not quit. It is in God's hand and his will.  Barbara

Roy Martin

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »

Barbara, thank you so very much for sharing your story. It has touched my heart.
 You and your family are in my prayers.

Love
Roy

judith collier

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 02:40:35 AM »

Dear Barbara, of course I will pray for your family as they must be very sad and scared. And I will pray for you too! Love, Love, Love to you and yours. Judy

daywalker

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »

Hello Roy,

I think it's safe to say that we all here have sins which we greatly regret; sins we which to conquer, but haven't yet. One reason, I believe, is that these sins keeps us humble. If we woke up one day, and suddenly had conquered all of our darkest sins, it would very likely make us haughty.

Here's some important lessons from the Apostle Paul on the topic of SIN [Romans 7:7-20]:

1. Without the LAW we could not know what SIN IS:

“Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law”vs.7

2. Sin itself CANNOT EXIST without THE LAW:

“For apart from law, sin is dead” vs.8

3. The LAW OF GOD CONDEMNS US ALL TO DIE:

“I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.” Vs.10
“…and through the commandment put me to death” vs.11

4. We ourselves DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY WE SIN:

“I do not understand what I do.” Vs.15

5. We OURSELVES CANNOT CONTROL, NOR ESCAPE SIN:

“As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.”vs.17

“it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.”vs.20

6. GRACE ALONE SAVES US ALL:

“Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?” (Rom 6:1)

“What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!” (Ro 6:15)

7. Is this only valid for Christians?

For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once FOR ALL; but the life he lives, he lives to God. (Rom 6:9-10)

Christians refuse to believe that God would deliberately make humans too weak to able to follow His Laws, and therefore become sinners. They refuse to believe that God would purposely not empower human's with the ability to resist evil, and choose good on their own...

But the Truth is in the same book they claim to believe in. We don't just sin because we're 'evil'; there's a lesson we are learning here. This world has a purpose, nothing that we experience, in this life, is for naught.

CONCLUSION: Don't beat yourself up for not being able to do something you simply are not equipped to do. Only God can take away your sinful desires, and replace them with His righteous desires. Just keep coming back to Him, and He will eventually give you the 'missing link' to overcome your own carnal nature.

Besides, God calls the weak, not the strong! [I Corinthians 1:26-30]

- Christopher.

Roy Martin

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »

Very good indeed Christopher. A big amen to that.  Thank you for your time.

Roy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.