bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beyond our comprehension!!!  (Read 7234 times)

koine480

Beyond our comprehension!!!
« on: March 15, 2009, 02:49:32 AM »

I think you all  might enjoy this link. If this doesn't fortify your faith,I don't think anything will?

" When I consider Your heavens, the work of your fingers,
      The moon and the stars, which you have ordained,
      What is man that you are mindful of him."
                                                Psalms 8:3-4a

This was very humbling for me,see if you agree?

http://naurunappula.com/z/353424

Grace and Peace,

Ron M.

gmik

Re: Beyond our comprehension!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »

OMG that was awesome indeed.  Thank you.  I am stunned by the vastness and the age!

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:32:23 AM »

Now I know where Arcturus gets her name. Judy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 06:57:55 AM »

That was really beautiful to see. I enjoyed especially that Hubble focused on the appearance of nothing. Pretty much how I imagine we might appear to those those who have not yet been given eyes to see or hear the awesome truths we have received here in Bible-Truths. This is certainly an encouragement.

Nor does God create things out of NOTHING:

"...IN [Greek is ‘in’ not ‘by’] Him [Christ] is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth..." (Col. 1:16).

"For OUT [the Greek is ‘out’ not ‘of’] of Him and THROUGH Him and FOR [Greek is ‘for’ not ‘to’] is ALL" (Rom. 11:36).

So creation is "IN Christ," but "OUT of God." Not, out of "nothing."
http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

Arc

Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »

Thankyou Ron,

I really enjoyed and appreciated that. When considering the size of the Earth in relation
to those various Stars, I guess, size does matter.  ;) Yet, the planet Earth is the only place where
physical life begins eventually leading to Spiritual regeneration and life for all of Mankind.

Thanks, Samson.

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:48 AM »

Wow, this is awesome! Makes you want to bow down right now!

In His Love,
Marlen e

Kat

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »

Wow ! !  That is just mind boggling.  It makes me think that this universe is kind of like the truth, there has been a small amount revealed to us that we can now see.  Imagine how much gigantic truths are out there, just waiting to be revealed.  Kind of puts things into perspective.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »

WOW!! That makes you feel really REALLY small! Just think if David could have seen the view from the Hubble! Now that we have it it really brings his words to life! There are just no words to describe how insignificant we are, and yet God has made us in His creation! AND has ordained and numbered all of our days AND the very hairs on our head! Amazing! :o
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 10:09:43 PM »

Thanks Ron,

I have been wrapping my mind around three books by Gerald L Schroeder, PH.D Physicist MIT +++.

1. Genesis and the Big Bang 2. The Science Of God (now reading) 3. The Hidden Face of God.

It take some wrapping, but not a big problem for me now since it is my Science is my 3rd Love after
GOD and Family (neighbor included). Yes it is awe inspiring to learn how hard GOD Worked to get this
Earth ready for us, and most of us do not have a clue.

evolution my foot.  >:(

george. ;D ::) :o

Ps. I would only recommend these books if you are well grounded in BT teaching and Scripture,
the writer believes in human free will currently. Also there is some very heavy reading in physics,
chemistry and maths. Great information for clearing up some questions though.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:45:51 AM by aqr »

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:49:03 PM »

I feel a lot smaller know than what I did a little while ago.  I think I've intellectually accepted how big the universe is but when you start to see some things in scale....wow!!

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 03:25:53 AM »

Wow ! !  That is just mind boggling.  It makes me think that this universe is kind of like the truth, there has been a small amount revealed to us that we can now see.  Imagine how much gigantic truths are out there, just waiting to be revealed.  Kind of puts things into perspective.

amen to that kat.

claudia

Patrick

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:27:19 PM »

I was listening to an older Bible Study, April 07, where Ray was going over dates in history.
He spoke of some things related to this;

Earth to Moon = 187,000 miles
Earth to Sun = 93,000,000 miles
speed of light = 186,000 miles/sec
7.5 min for sunlight to reach Earth
closest star = approximately 4 light years

A neat program, Solar System Live;
http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Solar/

Change the "show" from icons to images and change the "size" from 320 to 640, then click update. If you know your Latitudes and Longitudes, you can input them to get a placement from where you reside.

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

I started thinking about this again...you know the "Bigness" of this universe and the smallness of us...

Do you remember the Dr. Seuss story Horton Hears a Who? Or How the Grinch Stole Christmas? if you remember from your childhood or parenthood or grandparenthood!! You've no doubt read the stories more than once! Horton heard a Who! It was a little tiny creature who lived on a speck of dust! I have always thought what an imagination! BUT remember the Bible says "there is nothing at all new under the sun"! Eccl. 1:9 CLV

SO WHAT?? We are but tiny creatures living on a speck of dust ourselves!! When you think of how small our planet is in the vastness of space and how utterly invisible we are out there!! It boggles the mind to think about how insignificant we really are compared to the size of the universe! How is it that God who created all the trillions of stars, planets and whatever else is out there actually even thought to create us in the first place! What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Ps. 8:4

Sorry, but it is just so amazing that we even exist! Much less that the God of the whole thing, the Creator of it all would actually come to this little speck of dust and consider us! Not only that, but suffer humiliation, hatred, AND death at our hands! AND then in the END still loves enough to save us ANYWAY??
AND then decide, "naw If they don't love me I'll just throw them into a big old pit of burning, churning fire and burn them forever!! Muahahaha!"

Whoever believes in the burning pit of fire and brimstone surely hasn't considered what kind of God we really have! Are you kidding? God could have just destroyed every last shred of evidence that man ever even existed in the first place! He could have obliterated the earth as soon as Adam and Eve rebelled, He could have destroyed it quicker than He created it!!
 Have you ever worked with clay? If you don't like how it's turning out you just squash it in your hands and start over!! When you think of it REALLY..Who would EVER be good and obedient enough to save anyway?? How prideful and evil we are to think that God would actually burn some of us for eternity in a horrible lake of fire and brimstone without tossing all our worthless butts into that same fire!!

Ok I know, I'm rambling...I'm done!
Kathy :D

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »

I second that Kathy.

In His Love,
Marlene

judith collier

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »

Kathy, I too cannot comprehend that the Creator of this universe deigns to look upon me, skin and bones and a beast in disguise. This is why I have trouble sensing God's love. Of course if He is our Father then he would love us like we love our children, I have to go through so much self talk to be able to realize His love since I do not have that many around me showing it to me. I think this makes a difference. But I make myself believe it even if I don't feel it. Judy

daywalker

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »

Wow!!  :o There's really no word known to man to describe...

I learn three lessons from this:

1. How could anyone doubt our Creator's ability to fulfill any and ALL of His Desires?

Jeremiah 32:17: `Ah, Lord Yahweh, lo, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power, and by Your stretched-out arm; there is nothing too wonderful for You:"

v.27 `Lo, I [am] Yahweh, Elohim of all flesh: For Me is anything too wonderful?

2. Who are WE to question or attempt to stand up against Him?

Job 38:1 Then Yahweh answered Job from the tempest and said:
2 Who is this who darkens counsel By declarations without knowledge?
3 Belt up your loins now like a master; I shall ask of you, and you inform Me.
4 Where were you when I founded the earth? Tell if you know with understanding.

Rom 9:20 O man! who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God? That which is molded will not protest to the molder, "Why do you make me thus?
21 Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor?

Honestly, who are WE to question the Authority of our Maker?

3.  And most amazing, THIS SAME CREATOR, as Jesus said, "knows the number of the hairs on our heads"!!

James 4:10 Be humbled, then, in the Lord's sight, and He shall be exalting you.

Like I said, "WOW!"

- Daywalker.

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:21:23 PM »

Creation is amazing for sure.

Last week my little brother Leo and I went out hunting for a week looking for caribou about 80 miles out. We didn't get any though :(. But we saw some polar bear bear tracks and saw a big male bear and a female with 2 tiny cubs that had just gone out of their dens. And the way was really rough areas of jagged ices and bumpy ice and smooth ice (sorry, i sound like forrest gump :)). And I was praising God and singing the song in Revelations sung by angels day and night and there was no moon but the stars were so bright that it seemed i could almost see the center of the universe and there for a moment I felt peace that encompasses creation. I was part of the ice and the icebergs and mountains that surrounded us, even the air I breathed was part of my whole being and...it felt I was connected to my savoir. And there was that distinct fear of bears that lingered during the day in fear of the darkness coming and having to overnight on the ice but it disappeared completely for a moment, even to the point of "even if I was eaten by a bear, or freeze, nothing can take me away from the love of Christ. Me & my brother,...so insignificant in view of the cosmos"...God, was, is and will be, with us. God bless you all, my fam.

Please pray for my grand son, just a couple of months old, who is going for a check up and believed to have an enlarged heart, he is our first grand child and we love him dearly and call him "chocolate' because he so dark skinned. In Christ.

judith collier

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 02:16:37 AM »

Jerry, I pray for your grandson that all will be well with him. How majestic is our God, how loving and able to deliver us from all. One time I had an experience of praying for my daughter and something came over me and somehow I was told that she didn't belong entirely to me but to God and he loved her so much more than I could fathom. I believe this to be true for everyone and most assuredly for your grandson. Love judy

daywalker

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »

Hey Jerry,

That was a fascinating story!  :D

And I definitely lift your grandson, you and your family up in prayers to Adonai. May God bless him, and guide the doctors' hands that work to keep him healthy, as well as keep all who are involved comforted and hopeful.

- Christopher.

Creation is amazing for sure.

Last week my little brother Leo and I went out hunting for a week looking for caribou about 80 miles out. We didn't get any though :(. But we saw some polar bear bear tracks and saw a big male bear and a female with 2 tiny cubs that had just gone out of their dens. And the way was really rough areas of jagged ices and bumpy ice and smooth ice (sorry, i sound like forrest gump :)). And I was praising God and singing the song in Revelations sung by angels day and night and there was no moon but the stars were so bright that it seemed i could almost see the center of the universe and there for a moment I felt peace that encompasses creation. I was part of the ice and the icebergs and mountains that surrounded us, even the air I breathed was part of my whole being and...it felt I was connected to my savoir. And there was that distinct fear of bears that lingered during the day in fear of the darkness coming and having to overnight on the ice but it disappeared completely for a moment, even to the point of "even if I was eaten by a bear, or freeze, nothing can take me away from the love of Christ. Me & my brother,...so insignificant in view of the cosmos"...God, was, is and will be, with us. God bless you all, my fam.

Please pray for my grand son, just a couple of months old, who is going for a check up and believed to have an enlarged heart, he is our first grand child and we love him dearly and call him "chocolate' because he so dark skinned. In Christ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.