bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A science debate  (Read 13064 times)

soberxp

Re: A science debate
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 05:56:18 AM »

bump, ;D classical
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:57:29 AM by soberxp »

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »

And God said "let there be" and there it is.
He didn't need the waters for man to evolve from, nor for the monkey to have existed, and evolve into a man.
If so why are there still monkeys around today?
How old was Adam when God blew the breath of life into him?
How old was the earth at its creation, and what would test show if they COULD have been done back then?
Oh the power of just a mustard seed of FAITH. :)
Sounds plausible to me Dave.

Joel

musicman

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »

Evolutionists don't say we evolved from monkeys.  And I suppose that the Earth would have to be zero years old at its creation. 

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 12:21:08 AM »

Not many people actually understand the theory of evolution, so it makes it mostly pointless to discuss it, pro or con.  Me?  I wasn't there.  I have faith to believe scripture, very little left to believe religion, and need none to 'believe' science.  I don't understand all science.  Niether does anybody else.  Nor am I required to.  

God said "Let there be..." and there was.  God said, "Let the earth bring forth..." and it did.  "And the evening and the morning were" each day.  God's words are Spirit and they are Life.  It'll be a loooong day before I understand that much.      
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Linny

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »

I agree with Dave here.
I spent many years studying creation science vs. evolution. I went to seminars, bought lots of books. I even got the famous Ken Hamm to do a local radio talk show here. Now I find that I am no more knowledgable than I was before I started.  ::)
To take sides with either the blind creation scientists or with the blind secular scientists on the other side seems to me to be a waste of my time. The whole truth won't be found in either one.  :-*
I doubt my brain is big enough to hold it anyway.  ;)

musicman

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »

There are many things that evolutionists have right.  Circumstantial evidence is there.  But what they don't have, is a leg to stand on when it comes to gradualistic mutation by mutation evolution from a cell to an elephant or human.  They just don't.  And if you learn about what they do have you may be able to defend design better than most.  But the arguments must be sound or you will be quoted and swallowed alive by every person with an inkling of scientific knowledge. 

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »

It might not be true who the student is.

Or the whole story might not be true at all!

I'd bet that this is no more than an urban legend.  First off, it reads like a strawman analogy.  Second, I've heard it in another version, though less long winded.  And third, I didn't realize that Einstein attended church, because other than the realization that Satan came from God, he seems to be perfectly in line with churchianity 101.

By the way, is there a record of Einstein failing a science class?  Because this blow hard professor probably wouldn't enjoy that kind of challenge.

Yup this is no doubt an urban legend and plain old bovine excrement.  In 2004 a slightly different version was also attributed to Albert Einstein. There are many versions of this story floating around the eworld.  However, we tend to blindly accept anything we find cute or possibly supportive our point of view and pass it on without applying any critical thought.  Furthermore, this should be transferred to 'Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.' with the other Fairy Tales.

Great job musicman!

Read about this old fable on Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:46:28 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Roy Martin

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 09:55:12 PM »

I thought this post had faded months ago.
 I apologize for posting something w/o giving it some thought, but I'm just a dumb human no where near perfect. Whatever was I thinking? I've only had a computer about 2 years, so I blame it on ignorance. I'm learning though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:57:02 PM by Roy Martin »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 11:31:54 PM »

Yes.  Let's leave it alone.  This thread is almost a year and a half old.  Lots of water under the bridge and lessons learned since then.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 01:43:47 AM »

R.I.P.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:46:29 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.