bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My God, My God, why have you forsaken me??  (Read 10617 times)

winner08

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me??
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:53:35 AM »

Greetings everyone. I trying to make since of something and I thought maby y'all can help me out. When Jesus was being crucified and at the end right before His death He shouted or asked I not sure, but He said My God , My God why have you forsaken me? This verse has been on my mined  for a long time and I don't know why. What is Jesus saying here? Does He feel abandon by God? Why have You left me to die? I feel at times God has forgot about me. But I am not divine. I am not the Son of God. I might be a son but not THE SON.

Darren

Mando

Re: My God, My God, why have you forsaken me??
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 01:58:17 AM »

It's seems that for the first time Jesus felt seperated from His Father. God had to look away from sin, hence, even the grave couldn't hold Jesus down!
                                                                         Mando

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 01:59:34 AM »

It's seems that for the first time Jesus felt seperated from His Father. God had to look away from sin, hence, even the grave couldn't hold Jesus down!
                                                                         Mando

Eh, i don't think thats scriptural. Honostly. I don't know wether God had to look away or what Jesus was feeling.. but good question. I've heard only the church's answer to this. I wonder what ray has to say about this. If he has?

Mando

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 02:05:54 AM »

you might be right. but the wrath of God was upon Him. Isaiah 53

Mando

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 02:14:57 AM »

Mando

Eh, i don't think thats scriptural. Honostly. I don't know wether God had to look away or what Jesus was feeling.. but good question. I've heard only the church's answer to this. I wonder what ray has to say about this. If he has?
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He hath put Him to grief: when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. Is.53:10
     Why did Jesus have to die in the first place? Somebody had to pay, right?

Mando

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 02:30:21 AM »

Mando

obviously Jesus felt "forsaken" or else He wouldn't of said "why has thou forsaken Me" and God must of "forsaken" Him since Jesus said "why has thou forsaken Me".
                                                                                            Mando

Ocean

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 03:10:47 AM »

Jesus felt 'forsaken' because God's will had to be done to save you/me/mankind. I read that Jesus even asked [God] three times 'for the cup to pass' from him but yet not his will but God's will be done. God's will is that none [mankind] will perish so Jesus had to be the sinless lamb/son/sacrifice on our behalf. That is testament that God loves all his creation....believers and non-believers

That is why noone can come to the Father except through Jesus.

;D  ;D
Liz

Mando

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 03:29:17 AM »

Jesus felt 'forsaken' because God's will had to be done to save you/me/mankind. I read that Jesus even asked [God] three times 'for the cup to pass' from him but yet not his will but God's will be done. God's will is that none [mankind] will perish so Jesus had to be the sinless lamb/son/sacrifice on our behalf. That is testament that God loves all his creation....believers and non-believers

That is why noone can come to the Father except through Jesus.

;D  ;D
Liz

Amen Ocean. Hebrews 5:7-10 reads like this-> Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; called of God an high priest after the order of Meschisedec.

Vangie

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 07:18:09 AM »

Welcome Ocean and Mando!

Hey Darren,
This thread from last month shows some scriptural answers as well as a link to Ray's writings on the verse you ask about.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9365.0.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:23:24 AM by Vangie »

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »

Hello Mando & Ocean,

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2775.0.html):

No, David, neither do I believe that God "turned HIs back on His only Son."
There are those who teach it, however. Jesus quoted the first few words found
is Psalm 22
which goes on to describe just Who the Messiah was to be and the
purpose for Him being crucified.
God be with you,
Ray

Jesus did not 'feel forsaken' nor had 'the wrath of God' on Him nor had a greater desire to have the cup pass from Him or any other unscriptural belief.

Here is an excerpt from Beloved from this same thread that Vangie referenced (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9365.0.html):

Jesus quoted Psalm 22 and pointed to himself. They did not understand then or now and thought he was calling Elijah or had "become sin", The one thief, was the only one who saw at least that he deserved death.

These folks knew this pslam well and should have understood the reference.

(Psa 22:)  To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
(Psa 22:7 KJVR)  All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
(Psa 22:8 KJVR)  He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
(Psa 22:14 KJVR)  I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
(Psa 22:15 KJVR)  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
(Psa 22:16 KJVR)  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
(Psa 22:17 KJVR)  I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
(Psa 22:18 KJVR)  They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.(Psa 22:19 KJVR)  But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
(Psa 22:22 KJVR)  I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
(Psa 22:23 KJVR)  Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

The intent of the word of Jesus is very clear

(Psa 22:24 KJVR)  For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

(Psa 22:25 KJVR)  My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
(Psa 22:26 KJVR)  The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live forever.
(Psa 22:27 KJVR)  All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
(Psa 22:28 KJVR)  For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations.
(Psa 22:29 KJVR)  All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
(Psa 22:30 KJVR)  A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
(Psa 22:31 KJVR)  They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Remembering the rest of the verse must have comforted Jesus. He always knew his purpose and this cry was not a call for help. Imagine how the apostles must have meditated on these lines...after the Resurrection after they remembered what He had said to them

Joh 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Joh 10:15  As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep

Joh 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Also from Ray's paper on '12 God-Given Truths to Understanding His Word' [truth #4] (http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm):

Jesus did not fulfill the sacrificed sin offering only. Jesus was not merely one offering, but the many offerings, burnt offerings, the meat offering, the peace offerings, the trespass offering, and the sin offering. Jesus also prefigured the priest doing the offering, the meaning of each offering, the compartments and furniture of the tabernacle, the bread, the candles, the curtain, the ark of the covenant, the tabernacle itself, and the whole nation of Israel—Jesus prefigures all and FULFILLED ALL.

No one could comprehend every verse in the Old Testament Scriptures that represented Jesus, but they could learn the PRINCIPLE by which Jesus fulfilled all the law and all the prophets. And that is how the apostles and the two disciples on the road to Emmaus had their understanding of the Scriptures opened in just a very short time. When the Scriptures speak of Israel they speak of Jesus, and when they speak of Jesus they speak of us, for "…as Jesus is, so are we in the world" (I John 4:17).

I'm not trying to get on either of you guy's case, but it is better to nip these kinds of things in the bud than let fester into all kinds of unscriptural jargon. Hope you understand and take the time to read this past thread as well as Ray's paper on 12 truths and audio on 'Was Christ made Sin?'

Hope this helps,

Marques

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »

Greetings everyone. I trying to make since of something and I thought maby y'all can help me out. When Jesus was being crucified and at the end right before His death He shouted or asked I not sure, but He said My God , My God why have you forsaken me? This verse has been on my mined  for a long time and I don't know why. What is Jesus saying here? Does He feel abandon by God? Why have You left me to die? I feel at times God has forgot about me. But I am not divine. I am not the Son of God. I might be a son but not THE SON.

Darren

No, David, neither do I believe that God "turned HIs back on His only Son."
There are those who teach it, however. Jesus quoted the first few words found
is Psalm 22 which goes on to describe just Who the Messiah was
to be and the
purpose for Him being crucified.
God be with you,
Ray

Psalms 22:1  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Simply, Christ was telling those who were witnessing Him on the cross, that HE WAS THEIR MESSIAH.

As long as you stick with the Scriptures, you'll never be confused.

...and welcome to the forum.  ;)

Daywalker.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:12:44 PM by daywalker »

Mando

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »

I still need to "unlearn what is false" hoping that the Spirit of God rest upon me and guide me to all truth. Maybe that's one reason I threw all my study bibles away, to "unlearn what is false". I will surely pray the Lord for His understanding and be open to truth. thanks for your correction.
                                                                                          Praise Him
                                                                                             Mando

daywalker

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »

I still need to "unlearn what is false" hoping that the Spirit of God rest upon me and guide me to all truth. Maybe that's one reason I threw all my study bibles away, to "unlearn what is false". I will surely pray the Lord for His understanding and be open to truth. thanks for your correction.
                                                                                          Praise Him
                                                                                             Mando

Hey Mando,

It takes time to "unlearn" all the teachings of Babylon. There are so many of them...

All of us here are still "unlearning", so you aren't alone. You're always welcome here. Honestly, I haven't missed going to Church one day, not even for the fellowshipping. When I "hunger" or "thirst", I come here and there's always somebody with plenty of "food", and willing to share.

Glad to meet you, friend.  8)

- Christopher.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 04:44:05 PM »

Not only are there 'so many of them' but they contradict each other.  It's a blessing to me not to be all about 'taking sides' in debates others have framed, but to go one on One with the One who made all things. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Mando

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »

If thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. Mtt 6:23
If we can't see God's Almighty Plan for His Creation, the rest of scripture is gonna contradict.

Ocean

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 08:34:13 PM »

Yeah, i have alot of 'unlearning' to do. With a teachable heart now, i look forward to growing in His truth.

Blessings
 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.