bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Esword question  (Read 5250 times)

ciy

Esword question
« on: June 04, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

I am just getting into to Esword.  Can anyone tell me if it has a dictionary in its files that translates eternal - aion as an age or finite period?
Thanks.
CIY

Andy_MI

Esword question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 01:01:51 PM »

I've found 3 bible translations for esword that correctly translate the greek and hebrew for eternal, everlasting, etc.

Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 3:16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."

Rotherham's Emphasized Version:
Joh 3:16 For God, so loved, the world, that, his Only Begotten Son, he gave,—that, whosoever believeth on him, might not perish, but have life age-abiding.

Young's Literal Translation:
Joh 3:16  for God did so love the world, that His Son--the only begotten--He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

I found the YLT on the esword website. The other two I found on http://www.thechan.com

I hope this helps,

Love in Christ,

Andy

ciy

Esword question
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »

Thanks Andy. That will help.
CIY

ertsky

Esword question
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »

Hi ciy

have you sussed out the KJV+ strongs numbers ?

used in conjunction with the strongs and thayers greek dictionaries.

you know, where you see the word "eternal" in KJV+ bible tranlation, then click on the number next to the word eternal and it shows the original greek word that eternal was translated from in the thayers or strongs greek dictonaries ?

also right click the number to find every verse where that greek word is used, very valuable feature.

just thought i'd mention it in case you haven't got to that yet.

the thayers is downloadable from e-sword.

f

carol v

Esword question
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »

Thanks so much Andy for that link. I had no idea these were available for esword. Just too cool.

Thanks!
carol v

Andy_MI

Esword question
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »

You're very welcome, glad I could help  :D

SteveW

Esword question
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

Quote from: Isabell
So is it possible to download the Concordant version (old or new testament) for e-Sword?  It isn't on the e-Sword website and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  I would love to get Rotherham's for e-Sword too, even though I have a printed copy.  I was supposed to get a printed copy of the Concordant Literal New Testament but it never came in the mail!  :(

I have seen it here:

http://www.esnips.com/webfolder/f72a545a-4392-4cc0-8b19-88a3b20178d2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.