> Off Topic Discussions

Esword question

(1/2) > >>

ciy:
I am just getting into to Esword.  Can anyone tell me if it has a dictionary in its files that translates eternal - aion as an age or finite period?
Thanks.
CIY

Andy_MI:
I've found 3 bible translations for esword that correctly translate the greek and hebrew for eternal, everlasting, etc.

Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 3:16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."

Rotherham's Emphasized Version:
Joh 3:16 For God, so loved, the world, that, his Only Begotten Son, he gave,—that, whosoever believeth on him, might not perish, but have life age-abiding.

Young's Literal Translation:
Joh 3:16  for God did so love the world, that His Son--the only begotten--He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

I found the YLT on the esword website. The other two I found on http://www.thechan.com

I hope this helps,

Love in Christ,

Andy

ciy:
Thanks Andy. That will help.
CIY

ertsky:
Hi ciy

have you sussed out the KJV+ strongs numbers ?

used in conjunction with the strongs and thayers greek dictionaries.

you know, where you see the word "eternal" in KJV+ bible tranlation, then click on the number next to the word eternal and it shows the original greek word that eternal was translated from in the thayers or strongs greek dictonaries ?

also right click the number to find every verse where that greek word is used, very valuable feature.

just thought i'd mention it in case you haven't got to that yet.

the thayers is downloadable from e-sword.

f

carol v:
Thanks so much Andy for that link. I had no idea these were available for esword. Just too cool.

Thanks!
carol v

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version