bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mystries in Ruth  (Read 14802 times)

aqrinc

Re: Mystries in Ruth
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »

Seven different translations, all seem to say the same thing, but look at all the words in each one.
There is light in even the different translations: All Scripture, Every Scripture, Every Holy Writing, 
Every Writing.

We are looking for agreement but need to agree in Truth, remember The Scriptures do not contradict.

2Ti 3: (16-17 YLT)
16  every Writing is God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that is in righteousness,
17  that the man of God may be fitted--for every good work having been completed.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (CLV)
16 All scripture is inspired by God, and is beneficial for teaching, for exposure, for correction, for discipline in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be equipped, fitted out for every good act."

2Ti 3: (GW)
16  Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.
17  They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (WNT)
16  Every Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for convincing, for correction of error, and for instruction in right doing;
17  so that the man of God may himself be complete and may be perfectly equipped for every good work.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (GNB)
16  All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correcting faults, and giving instruction for right living,
17  so that the person who serves God may be fully qualified and equipped to do every kind of good deed.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (BBE)
16  Every holy Writing which comes from God is of profit for teaching, for training, for guiding, for education in righteousness:
17  So that the man of God may be complete, trained and made ready for every good work.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (KJV)
16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (EMTV)
16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17  that the man of God may be proficient, having been thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Second Witness

1Co 10: 11-12 (GW)
11  These things happened to make them an example for others. These things were written down as a warning for us who are living in the closing days of history.
12  So, people who think they are standing firmly should be careful that they don't fall.

1Co 10: 11-12 (KJV)
11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:04:04 PM by aqr »

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »

In getting back to the subject Marlene mentioned the marriage.

There are a lot of unusual and interesting things about this levrite ritual.  It seems very peculiar to us today and of course it is no longer practiced even in Judism. 

(Deu 25:5)  If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of a husband's brother unto her.
(Deu 25:6)  And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.
(Deu 25:7)  And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother.
(Deu 25:8)  Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;
(Deu 25:9)  Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house.
(Deu 25:10)  And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.       

This leverite rule was called Yibrim in Hebrew.

So now we have to see that because there was no brother the next relative to came to fulfil this role as a Goel which is translated kinsman-redeemer - another person was needed. This role of Goel was to preserve family integrity, the persons and the property and family reputation and posterity, here are the command 

leviticus 25;25 He would buy back land that was lost due to financial problems
Leviticus 25:48  He would buy back his relatives from indentureship or slavery
Numbers 35:19 He preserved the family name and avenged the blood of a murdered family member
Deut 25 5 to 10 He was to preserved the name of the family by marrying a childless widow

This was  a very important honor and responsibility for the patriarchal head, so lets look at this person

Rth 2:1  And Naomi had a kinsman of her husband's, a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech; and his name was Boaz

Boaz means Strength, but he was also noted to be a mighty man of wealth

H1368  גּבּר    גּבּור  gibbôr  gibbôr  ghib-bore', ghib-bore'  Intensive from the same as H1397; powerful; by implication warrior, tyrant: - champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.

H2428 חיל  chayil  khah'-yil From H2342; probably a force, whether of men, means or other resources; an army, wealth, virtue, valor, strength: - able, activity, (+) army, band of men (soldiers), company, (great) forces, goods, host, might, power, riches, strength, strong, substance, train, (+) valiant (-ly), valour, virtuous (-ly), war, worthy (-ily).

Boaz went to the gate and called 10 witnesses . He was a shrewd businessmen. He was smart to talk about the land offer first but then quickly added the catch..both Naomi and Ruth came with the parcel and that the duty to rise up the dead came with it.

Yes Boaz was a much better candidate than the kinsman who was th  one closer..  he was called   Armoni Paloni (Mr so and so).  For him  it was better to not accept the land and give it to Boaz or he would have had to face the shame of refusal. Boaz gave him a way out of this by pre-accepting it, if he refused.  The matter of taking off the shoe was about walking the land to show claim it. The shoe was also an instrument of shame if refused.

Some of you may be wondering what is the significance of all of this stuff.

see part two

beloved
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:43:02 PM by Beloved »

Beloved

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 06:15:59 PM »

Remember that Jesus himself had to deal with this issue, when they came to trap him in a teaching.

(Luk 20:27)  Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection: and they asked him,
(Luk 20:28)  Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
(Luk 20:29)  There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. ....  etc etc until married the 7th an both died
(Luk 20:33)  Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.

(Luk 20:34)  And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
(Luk 20:35)  But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
(Luk 20:36)  Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
(Luk 20:37)  Now that the dead are raised, even Moses showed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
(Luk 20:38)  For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto Him.

So you see this custom in away comes out of marriage bond ...where two flesh are made into one. The reasoning was that the "husbands essence was preserved" in the wife and could be brought back into the family.

Jesus really shows His Divine wisdom in His answer to these Sadducee's and does not address their silly illogical midrash. He gets right to the point....in the Resurrection

there is no relationship with individuals...they will not die just like the angles. There will  only one relationship ...all will belong to their Creator and all are children of the Resurrection and of God.

It is by His lovingkindness (Chedesh) by which we were made and are kept and will be delivered

The Levirite marriages of these women in scripture in the lineage of Jesus are extremely symbolic and shadows of the the fact that even the gentiles would be brought back into the family. Here Boaz is the symbolic kinsmen redeemer....the difference is spiritual.

Christ was resurrected and He opened the Kingdom and He will bring in His Few and then the Many. For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto Him.  Like Ray says it is all about One.

beloved
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:44:55 PM by Beloved »

Marlene

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »

Amen  Beloved, I see how that all fits.

In His Love,
Marlene

Falconn003

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 08:33:09 AM »

;D

Rodger

Ninny

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 10:00:52 AM »

Wow! Beloved, who knew what lessons are to be learned from a small book of Scripture! Did this actually leave Rodger speechless??  ;)

Kathy :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:05:11 PM by Ninny »

Beloved

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »

Tradition has it that Boaz was elderly, he was however still fit enough to work and guard his fields.

Ruth is submissive and obedient in all. She does not quite understand why Boaz would even take notice of her as a foreigner . She appreciates his attention and concern for her.

She is even obedient when Naomi tells Ruth go to the threshing floor in the middle of the night . This was dangerous and could give the wrong message.

This midnight encounter is very symbolic

She was told to wash,  annoint and change her remnant... things the elect must do if they want to go to the threshing floor a place of separation and judgement . The Word and the spirit must wash us, we must be a sweet smell to our God and have His righteous garment on and have all of our filty rags removed. The elect are being judged now while they live the many will be later..

Did you notice the prophetic phrase that Naomi’s makes in

(Rth 2:20)  And Naomi said unto her daughter-in-law, Blessed be he of the LORD, who hath not left off his kindness to the living and to the dead. And Naomi said unto her, The man is near of kin unto us, one of our next kinsmen.

She is right He has not stopped showing his kindness to either the physical living or dead and he will continue to show it to the spiritual living andr dead"

I think the women naturally get goosebumps at this next romantic act of Ruth when  uncovers his feet and lies at his feet like a ready servant of the master but we have to remember that in the Hebrew culture this was a covenant act.

What struck me was that the corners of the garmets are where God commaned his people to place the Tsitsit, these are tassels with blue thread.

It is the part that the woman of issue took hold of on Jesus ....the tassle are visual aids of God's commandment to help man remember the covenant that God has made. Those tassles would re-enforce the message  that Boaz needed to obey the commandment that Ruth and naomi were seeking.

(Num 15:38)  `Speak unto the sons of Israel, and thou hast said unto them, and they have made for themselves fringes on the skirts of their garments, to their generations, and they have put on the fringe of the skirt a ribbon of blue,

(Num 15:39) and it hath been to you for a fringe, and ye have seen it, and have remembered all the commands of Jehovah, and have done them, and ye search not after your heart, and after your eyes, after which ye are going a-whoring;
(Num 15:40)  so that ye remember and have done all My commands, and ye have been holy to your God;

The corners are also thought of as wings and this wings metaphor is used many many times to show that God will provide for us if we seek HIm as our refuge.

(Eze 16:8)  Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I swore unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

Israel is the woman He spread His corner over, mans nakedness must be covered.

(Eze 16:60)  Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

Here is  sample of some other verses that I picked out

Exo 19:4  Ye--ye have seen that which I have done to the Egyptians, and I bear you on eagles' wings , and bring you in unto Myself.

Deu 32:11  As an eagle waketh up its nest, Over its young ones fluttereth, Spreadeth its wings--taketh them, Beareth them on its pinions;

Psa 17:8  Keep me as the apple, the daughter of the eye; In shadow of Thy wings thou dost hide me

Psa 36:7  How precious is Thy kindness, O God, And the sons of men In the shadow of Thy wings do trust.

Psa 63:7  For Thou hast been a help to me, And in the shadow of Thy wings I sing.

Psa 91:4  With His pinion He covereth thee over, And under His wings thou dost trust, A shield and buckler is His truth.

Jesus himself alludes to this with even a more personal touch, not with a magnificent eagle but with a lowly hen.

Luk 13:34  `Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that is killing the prophets, and stoning those sent unto her, how often did I will to gather together thy children, as a hen her brood under the wings, and ye did not will.

What is really moving is this midnight meeting is something that we all have to experience and then take Rest in His Sovergnty, Lovingkindness and Mercy (Chesed) 

Did you see this line?

(Rth 3:1)  Then Naomi her mother-in-law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?

Naomi tells her that she will seek her rest, but like the church she  is blind.

H4494    מנוח mânôach maw-no'-akh From H5117; quiet, that is, (concretely) a settled spot, or (figuratively) a home: - (place of) rest.

But we know that true REST is not possible to achieve through any self made attempt

No we have to go another route,

(Mat 11:28)  Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST.
(Mat 11:29)  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(Mat 11:30)  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Beloved
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:51:44 PM by Beloved »

Marlene

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

This is a fantastic post. I am following it and also marking scriptures.  I may still be a child, but the Lord is making me work. My Bible never looked like this while in Babylon. I have found me some tools to help me now. I really get all excited over learning this all. It also, makes your personal walk better.

It also, amazes me how I can be thinking about something and I go to look for it in scriptures and the Lord puts me right on the Chapter and verse I am needing. This child is growing so this confirms to me the Holy Spirit is working in me.

In His Love,
Marlene

Beloved

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »

Yes Marlene when reading the Word the Lord will lead you in the Spirit

Try chewing on this little verse and see what He will show you

(Rth 2:2)  And Ruth the Moabitess saith unto Naomi, `Let me go, I pray thee, into the field, and I gather among the ears of corn after him in whose eyes I find grace;' and she saith to her, `Go, my daughter.'

Beloved

EKnight

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »

Beloved's Study is spot on, unfortunatly we still have .....

childern !

Sorry Rodger but this sounds very intolerant and I am offended as I am yet learning and I don't glean half of what is being said in this thread. I have been reading at BT everyday for a year now. To use the word "unfortunately" implies babes in the word are a bother to you.  We are not born adults just as we are not scholars in the truth of scripture as soon as we leave babylon.

Eileen

Beloved

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »

you said

I don't glean half of what is being said in this thread. I have been reading at BT everyday for a year now.

We are not born adults just as we are not scholars in the truth of scripture as soon as we leave babylon.

Great choice of word Eileen, you are right on,

we are all poor and working in he field of Our Master, we are all trying to find these morsels and need all of the other reapers to leave small bundles to help up obtain our nourishment.

Some are teething and can not always tolerate rich food now but will soon hopefully .  good thing right now it is a buffet that is always open.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »

Let him/her who is thirsty come, humility is not inborn; it is learned, we need to park
the egos until we leave. My hope and Prayer is thet someone will happen by while the
egos are parked and steal them away. We All come to The Throne Of GRACE with
nothing to offer, so no need for pride or taking offense at others.

Think how offended we would be if Jesus Christ Is Told By The Father; To Come Now.

I am writing this in all humility, but with real urgency as we do not know The Day or Hour.
:-\

Mar 13: 32-37 (CLV)
32 Now concerning that day or hour no one is aware - neither the messengers in heaven, nor the Son - except the Father."
33 Beware! Be vigilant and pray, for you are not aware when the era is."
34 It is as a man, a traveler, leaving his home and giving his slaves authority, and to each his work, and he directs the doorkeeper that he may be watching."
35 Watch, then, for you are not aware when the lord of the house is coming, at evening, or midnight, or cockcrowing, or morning,
36 that, coming suddenly, he may not be finding you drowsing."
37 Now what I am saying to you, I am saying to all: 'Watch!'" ::)

george.  :o

Ninny

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »

I guess I shouldn't have been so glib by saying Rodger was speechless! Sorry :'(
And the whole "unfortunately"  thing in your reply Rodger went right over my head! Perhaps I am one of the children! I am just sorry that I said anything! :(
Thank you George! I guess I need to learn the lesson of "less is better", huh?
Kathy :-X

aqrinc

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »

Beloved,

Thanks for the morsels from the bundles, sharing the word is a Privilege The Master Is Giving Us.

Ruth 2:15 
After she had left to go and gather grain, Boaz ordered the workers, "Let her gather grain even where the bundles are lying, and don't say anything to stop her. Besides that, pull out some heads of grain from the bundles and leave them for her to pick up."

george. ;D

aqrinc

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »

I guess I shouldn't have been so glib by saying Rodger was speechless! Sorry :'(
And the whole "unfortunately"  thing in your reply Rodger went right over my head! Perhaps I am one of the children! I am just sorry that I said anything! :(
Thank you George! I guess I need to learn the lesson of "less is better", huh?
Kathy :-X

Hi Ninny,

The only thing you or anyone has to learn is to; Not get offended because words are
not put in the sequence that makes us feel good. We are not here to do our own work,
so why should anything offend us.

Mat 9:
36  But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37  Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38  Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

george. ;D

Marlene

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 12:47:06 AM »

Ruth, was a very humble woman. She was poor and she was willing to work hard. She did not feel anyone owed her anything. She was willing to glean so she could find favor. Because of this Boaz saw her as humble and he blessed her. God blessed her cause she was willing to work for what she got. She was willing to suffer for God. She loved her Mother In Law. She could have gone back to her country after her husband died.

Willing to take what was left after the reapers were done. She found great treasures in what was left.

This makes me think of the Woman in Matt. who had a daughter with a demon and she would not let up on Jesus to heal her daughter.

I love these verses.
Matt. 24 But he answered her and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
verse 25 Then came she and worshipped him , saying Lord, help me.
verse 26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
verse 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet ;the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters'table
verse 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is they faith be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
Ruth was willing to work hard for what she received even though it was the custom to let the poor glean after the reapers. She was humble and would do the best with what little she had. There was great pearls in that little. She knew it was of great value and it was worth the hard work. She choose to deal with the life handed to her . She did not what to have the life of ease.

It is a great blessing to us who are still children to glean behind the reapers. We should all work hard to learn what those who have learned share with us. Yes, Beloved and with the Holy Spirit of God and Brothers and Sisters sharing what he has given them we will all grow to maturity. But, I do not want to take advantage and I want to work hard like Ruth. This hard work to follow God led her to Ruth Chapter 4 verse 22 Obed her (Son) begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.  And all of us ever born will be blessed by Christ. First the few and next the many. We all obtain this knowledge from God.

If, that means someone telling me like it is so be it. I have been offended so many times in my life. You, start to get use to it. But, if it is to teach me truth  over my carnal mind I am grateful. There is no offense there. What, I like about this is that for Brothers and Sisters to share is wonderful. But, I will tell you all something, before coming in here even though I went to church I did not study the OT  much. I mosty studied the NT. But because of God leading me in here and all your post I really want to study the OT also. I am just blessed to be among such studied people.  God has put in me to study and that is what I am doing. When, we search for ourselves that is God working in us. The blessing comes from him, but he uses all the mature to uplift and correct the babes. I know, you have our best at heart. 

In His Love,
Marlene

koine480

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 01:31:52 AM »

The story of the scriptures from Genesis to Revelations in thirteen verses.

The Way of Love
1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have  prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,  so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3   If I give away all I have, and  if I deliver up my body to be burned,  but have not love, I gain nothing.

4   Love is patient and  kind; love  does not envy or boast; it  is not arrogant 5 or rude. It  does not insist on its own way; it  is not irritable or resentful;  6 it  does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but  rejoices with the truth. 7   Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things,  endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For  we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but  when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For  now we see in a mirror dimly, but  then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as  I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Cor 13:1-13 (ESV)

Beloved

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »

(Rth 2:2) And Ruth the Moabitess saith unto Naomi, `Let me go, I pray thee, into the field, and I gather among the ears of corn after him in whose eyes I find grace;' and she saith to her, `Go, my daughter.'

Ruth was poor and needed food, any pride was removed by the time she arrived in bethlehem  and she was willing to work hard for it as a gleaner.

Yes Marlene Ruth was certainly humble and that is a trait that needs to be developed in the elect

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Later on Boaz tell Ruth to stay in his field. The World is where the Many are working, but it is the working of His field that is needed. That is where the Sewer sews the Seed..., that is the spiritual food we need.  God takes the weak of the world and gives them the opportunity to work His field.

Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.   

The Word works in you and helps produce the spiritual fruits. 

Marlene do not be intimidated the Old testament is not just a bunch of stories or history, it was studied by the Apostles and the Bereans when the New testament was being written. They expounded on it and showed its fulfillment with the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and His revelation of the scriptures to them , by of His teachings and the Revelations of Himself. 

Beloved

Beloved

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 02:20:30 AM »

Koine the Bible in four verses

(Mat 22:37)  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

(Mat 22:38)  This is the first and great commandment.

(Mat 22:39)  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

(Mat 22:40)  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

or even down to one verse

1Jn 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

beloved
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:23:57 AM by Beloved »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.