bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/3  (Read 5463 times)

kenny

1/3
« on: March 20, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

i just got through hearing a preacher speak on the angels that were cast down from heaven and he said thank god that there were 2/3 of the angels still in heaven and for every 1 demon there were 2 angels beatting him up.

and my lighting fast mind says where did he get that so i went looking and could not find one reference to scripturaly back that up.

and then i found this on the BT
Is there a passage in the bible that says that when satan fell 1/3 of the angels fell with him.

Dear Reader:

No, there is no such Scripture. However, those who teach all kinds of heretical and

unscriptural doctrines, usually use Revelation 12:1-5 to justify this teaching.

God be with you,

Ray

there is no 1/3 of the ANGELS EVEN MENTIONED AS BEING THROWN OUT OF HEAVEN OR CAST DOWN.

he is a LIAR, and a thief, he is stealing the word of GOD and making it say what he wants it to say and it really makes me mad and i want to confront him and others but as(ray, says that's stupid).
 excuse me for venting but it is really hard for me to stay humble and not speakout when this kind of teaching is being taught on a daily basis and people are believing it, such a load of garbage

musicman

Re: 1/3
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »

The 2/3 said, ye god, we got ya back.  god was nervous but the 2/3 came to his rescue.

kenny

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »

thats good musicman

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »

he said thank god that there were 2/3 of the angels still in heaven

Yeah, its a good thing, God wouldn't be able to handle things without them... ::)Give me a break.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »

According to Christian beliefs..... the first thing God made turned into a  DAMNABLE, DIABOLICAL DEVIL!.. which will consummate with a lake of fire that will continue to insanely torture most of the human race for all eternity!....And it is the BIGGEST single problem in all Christendom...this very Satanic LIE has given  birth to the most evil doctrines on the face of the earth in the history of the world! http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

trupower

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »

Just adding my two cents worth. In Revelation 12 verse 4 it does speak of the great red dragon casting down one third of the stars to the earth. Red Dragon is seen as representing Satan and stars are seen as representations of angels. So this must be the verse your pastor was drawing from. He extrapolated alot out of it but not as bad as some are making it seem.At least thats my opinion.

Trupower

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »

i just got through hearing a preacher speak on the angels that were cast down from heaven and he said thank god that there were 2/3 of the angels still in heaven and for every 1 demon there were 2 angels beatting him up.

and my lighting fast mind says where did he get that so i went looking and could not find one reference to scripturaly back that up.

and then i found this on the BT
Is there a passage in the bible that says that when satan fell 1/3 of the angels fell with him.

Dear Reader:

No, there is no such Scripture. However, those who teach all kinds of heretical and

unscriptural doctrines, usually use Revelation 12:1-5 to justify this teaching.

God be with you,

Ray

there is no 1/3 of the ANGELS EVEN MENTIONED AS BEING THROWN OUT OF HEAVEN OR CAST DOWN.

he is a LIAR, and a thief, he is stealing the word of GOD and making it say what he wants it to say and it really makes me mad and i want to confront him and others but as(ray, says that's stupid).
 excuse me for venting but it is really hard for me to stay humble and not speakout when this kind of teaching is being taught on a daily basis and people are believing it, such a load of garbage

http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

"The Lake of Fire!"

Part 1

LITERAL OR SYMBOLIC?
In many cases it is not difficult to determine whether a verse is literal or not. But, since we use figures of speech so often we tend to forget that much of what we say daily is not literally true. Many of us would hardly be able to carry on a conversation if we had to drop out of our vocabulary every word and every phrase we speak that is NOT LITERALLY TRUE. The English language, as well as all other languages, is just filled with symbolic and metaphorical phrases.

The first eleven verses of Chapter one in Revelation are an introduction regarding where, how, and what John is going to record for us. Much of this introduction can be taken literally, however, not all. Beginning with verse twelve, we are confronted with one symbol after another for the remainder of the entire twenty-two-chapter-book.

Everything written in Revelation is true, but most is not literally true.

The fact is there are many many truths in the Bible that are not literally true.

Jesus "said" that the bread He gave His disciples at the Lord’s supper was His body. Yet, Jesus Himself explains in other places that this was not literally true. He gave them literal bread, and not His literal physical flesh. What that bread represented, and symbolized, was indeed, His body--but not his physical body.

Jesus said that the words that he spoke were SPIRIT (John 6:63). Jesus Christ changes not. His words are STILL spirit and they certainly were spirit when John wrote the words of Christ regarding His unveiling or revelation. Just as we physically feed on physical bread for PHYSICAL LIFE, thus also we spiritually feed on Jesus Christ’s spiritual body for SPIRITUAL LIFE.

Understand this! Some think that by accepting the Scriptures as they are given (in the case of Revelation that means AS SYMBOLS), that somehow this "spiritualizes away" the teaching. What? It is the "spiritual" aspect of these symbols that IS THE REAL THING; THE REAL UNDERSTANDING! Physical things "pass away" whereas spiritual things are eternal! The very FACT that this book is written in "symbols" is proof positive that the understanding of them is SPIRITUAL and not physical or literal.

Symbols, metaphors, and parables ARE NEVER LITERALLY TRUE! But they powerfully demonstrate SPIRITUAL TRUTHS!
"This is the second death--the lake of fire" (Rev. 20:15 and 21:8) is a metaphor that is no more literal than "Jesus taking the bread...said, ‘Take, EAT. This IS My body" (Mat. 26:26).

Paul did not instruct Timothy to "STUDY" the scriptures if a mere casual reading is all that is necessary to comprehend its many deep and profound teachings. On the other hand, I believe that those who have "studied" God’s Word are able to open up much understanding to those who are not called to teach (even babes, or minors as our Lord stated).

I want to quickly show my readers just how impossible it is to assume most of God’s word is literal.

Again I state: All God’s Word is TRUE, however, much of it is figurative language which is not literally true to fact, but rather in what the figurative language of symbols, metaphors, and parables represent.

Peace...Mark

winner08

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:17:01 AM »

I had always believe the teaching of man and the myth of Satan rebelled against God and God sent him to earth along with 1/3 of the rebellious angles. I did not even question this until I was dragged to bible truths and Ray's teachings. I do have a question however. I know God created Satan as he is. Did God also create satans angles,(demons) or is this not so??

Darren

PS sorry I just read rev. 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world, he was cast to earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
So I guess if one researhes enough sooner or later one will fine the ansewers to ones questions. So God did create the devil (satan) and created his angles who are evil also.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:32:05 AM by winner08 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.