bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: But of the tree of knowledge of good...... thou shall NOT?  (Read 14605 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: But of the tree of knowledge of good...... thou shall NOT?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »

esowrd and the interlinear have a word for 'not'
blue letter and even strongsnumbers.com use a different hebrew text.
It seems depending on what texts you use the word is there or not there but the meaning of the verse is still the same.
the KJV translators used a text that included the word 'not' otherwise it would be in italics

What is going on in the situation?
Gen 2:9  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.(both trees!!)

Gen 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not(what if not wasn't included?) eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
God's declaration is still true! Your going to die if you eat it.

If am missing something Edward that your seeing please share with us

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

edpro.pits@yahoo.com

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:21 AM »

Thanks every one for your input.

Why I asked the question was because the program that I use does not have the word "not" in it and I thought that maybe their was something their that showed that man was suppose to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Since God said "now the man has become like us knowing good and evil" may be it was God's intention for man to eat of the tree so that he can learn good and evil and go through the process of death.
(I'm not saying this as though I know something it's that I was kinda thrown of when I didn't find the word "not" in the original on the program that I was using. And I was using the translation of KJ with Strong's links).

I understand that God is CREATING man in His own image and that man was a carnal creation. So I hope that my question is clear in the previous paragraph.

Edward

edpro.pits@yahoo.com

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 06:17:40 AM »

I also just down loaded the esword program and all it gives me is the Strong's numbers but not the actual Hebrew text and the program that I have actually gives me the Hebrew script.

Edward

aqrinc

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 01:29:21 PM »

Hi Edward,

That was a great question, it made us do more reading and research. Also now you do know better how to use esword. That program has a lot of uses that are not readily apparent when you first use it.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:31:33 PM by aqr »

Marky Mark

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 02:41:43 PM »

Thanks every one for your input.

Why I asked the question was because the program that I use does not have the word "not" in it and I thought that maybe their was something their that showed that man was suppose to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Since God said "now the man has become like us knowing good and evil" may be it was God's intention for man to eat of the tree so that he can learn good and evil and go through the process of death.
(I'm not saying this as though I know something it's that I was kinda thrown of when I didn't find the word "not" in the original on the program that I was using. And I was using the translation of KJ with Strong's links).

I understand that God is CREATING man in His own image and that man was a carnal creation. So I hope that my question is clear in the previous paragraph.

Edward

Email to Ray,hope it helps.

http://bible-truths.com/emails.html#tempt

God did not directly entice Adam or Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit, Satan did. But notice, Who planted the tree?  Where was it planted, in a far corner somewhere? Who made the tree LOOK good and desirable to make one wise?   Who knew that Satan would take the first opportunity to tempt them? Who had ALREADY PREPARED HIS SON AS A LAMB to be slaughtered for these sins even before they committed them? Well, yes, of course, it was GOD! God did NOT tempt Eve. Satan tempted Eve. Eve's own carnal nature tempted here.

Peace...mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.