bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Meat / milk  (Read 14474 times)

Falconn003

Meat / milk
« on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »

q
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:24:16 AM by Falconn003 »

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Meat / milk
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:14:07 PM »

Hey Rodger,
Lets start with the breastplate!
It is mentioned in scripture a few times with these words included:
the breastplate of judgment
Exo 28:29  And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.
Exo 28:30  And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

the breastplate of righteousness
Isa 59:17  For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

the breastplate of faith
1Th 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

What is the significance of the breast plate?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Akira329

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »

forgot another:
the breastplate of fire
Rev 9:17  And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

I like that one!
Antaiwan
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Robin

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:04 AM »

I've had a difficult time understanding the armor of God, but I just realized that I'm wearing a helmet. Yay! I found that helmet here.

Akira329

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »

Yes the breast-plate is Spiritual parable and will become food for us in time.

But here LET ME ask the questions for a change.......  ;D

1)  Where are the Milk consumers found ??
Scattered aboard

2) Who feeds them the Milk ??
Spirit of God

3) Is one still an infant when they know they are drinking Milk of the Word and not Meat ??
I would say yes, they know but do they understand?

4) What is said of a meat eater who prefers Milk ??
he is unskillful in the word of righteousness

5) How does the Word of God define Those called out of babylon, are they Milk consumers or Meat eaters of the Word ??
They are milk consumers

Last question say   ' S I L K  '    10 times real fast, then answer last question quickly  ;D 8)

6)  what does a cow drink ??
Yeah, that one got me!!

cows  don't drink milk they drink water  ;)

Peace and Understanding
Rodger
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

Akira329

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:20:12 AM »

Where carnal thinking is abound the milk drinkers will be found.

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

So Rodger...............What is our point?
Our we to only discern who is a milk drinker or a meat eater? For what purpose?
Is it to know how to handle the infants? To be teachers to them?
Is there some here who desire strong meat? or strong meat to be taught?

11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil
[/b]

Antaiwan
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

jennie

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:57:02 AM »

Ya'll are so smart with things like this. Someday I hope to have the wisdom and like to think I am growing into it. I think those that can eat meat but choose milk just want what is easiest to digest. An ol' cow will eat some grass and drink its water and then "yuck " it back up to digest it some more. Maybe I am an ol' cow?!!!!!! If I am....."Moooooooo" Love to ya'll and find something to laugh about on this day! Jennie

Akira329

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »

So again Rodger
What is the point of this thread? I'm aware of the scriptures you gave but why give them and to who's benefit?
Are these questions we should ask ourselves??
If so, then say so.
If not, the answers you gave from scripture will suffice for me.
I know what condition that I am in, if this is your purpose for the thread maybe it should be stated as such.
Are you showing us something? Some here may not know what your showing?
elaborate on the subject if you could.

Antaiwan

-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 01:24:08 PM »

Rodger,

I see, still dimly but i see why we need to be weaned of milk and get to learn meat eating. Thanks for putting into words what has been churning in my mind without me being able to formulate it properly.

Antaiwan,

The point is knowing where we are, we can then decide to go on past the dead works, into maturity or keep going backwards. It like the dance steps; 1 step forward, 2 steps backward, then tremble, what progress is there. Big question; why do we wean our children off milk as soon as possible ???:

Heb 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

george. :)

Marky Mark

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

THE MILK BUT NOT THE MEAT

The "DEPTHS of God" in Christ Jesus are not tolerated in the Church today. They may teach the name of Jesus. They may teach that Jesus died for you. They may teach that there is forgiveness of sins in Jesus. They may teach that Jesus ONLY is your Saviour. But is the teaching of "Christ crucified" the "DEPTHS of God"? No, it is not. Paul did teach the Corinthians about "Christ crucified" (I Cor. 1:23). Paul also admitted that this was merely the "milk and not meat [solid food]" (I Cor. 3:2). The Corinthians had the "milk of God’s word," but this did not make them spiritual. Notice what Paul says:

"For ye [Gk: ‘ye’ means, all of you] are yet CARNAL" (Verse 3).

And what does it mean to be "carnal"? Answer:

"For to be CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH (Rom. 8:6)!

Paul DID NOT; Paul COULD NOT, teach the Corinthians (and others) the "meat" of God’s word, because, "ye are yet carnal." Am I going too fast for anyone? Are you looking up these Scriptures that I am presenting? Have I misrepresented anything that Paul has written for "OUR admonition upon which the ends of the world are come" (I Cor. 10:11)? The Church as a whole has never understood the deep and spiritual things of God! Only "The FEW"—the "called" and "chosen"—"the ELECT."

The Galatian congregation was equally carnal to those of the Corinthian congregation. Paul asks them:

"Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect [mature] by the FLESH? " (Gal. 3:3).

They had a "first love," but they "LEFT thy first love" (Rev. 2:4). I, and everyone that I know, have sometime in their life, "LEFT their first love." If you have never "left your first love," I have serious doubts as to whether you ever had a first love. It is the natural progression of our maturing, according to the Scriptures.

Peace...mark

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »

Rodger,

I see, still dimly but i see why we need to be weaned of milk and get to learn meat eating. Thanks for putting into words what has been churning in my mind without me being able to formulate it properly.

Antaiwan,

The point is knowing where we are, we can then decide to go on past the dead works, into maturity or keep going backwards. It like the dance steps; 1 step forward, 2 steps backward, then tremble, what progress is there. Big question; why do we wean our children off milk as soon as possible ???:

Heb 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

george. :)

This particular statement that is highlighted, can either you or Rodger give examples to help others understand? Be specific as possible if you can, please.

Marques
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:29:03 PM by mharrell08 »

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »

Big question; why do we wean our children off milk as soon as possible

The question has a lot of the answer. Why do WE WEAN our children.  We do it, not them, most of them would not want off the milk when they need to, or they would want the tastier morsels too soon.  But we don't give it to them lest they choke.  The parent weans them when they are ready.  Our heavenly Father will do the same to His children.  We can't will our way to get off the milk, we are not in control of that.  We can scream to our Father to give us meat, but if we are not ready then God will not choke you with it.

Mature members should not force the meat on anyone, and the less mature members should not try to eat more than they can chew.  Everyone is in a different place in their journey.  Everyone is welcome to fellowship no matter where they stand.  If you abide by the forum rules what is it to me where you are in this walk? or even if you don't believe anything Ray teaches?  No matter the circumstance, God has you were He wants you.  That you can be sure of.

Craig

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »

Hello All, First of all I want to thank Rodger for this post. Last, night before I went to bed I looked up Breast Plate in e-sword. I was shocked. Being, in Babylon for most of my life I never heard that mentioned. Now, I am going to go in and read everyone of them ask for guidance. The OT had never been anything I studied alot. But, because of Beloved's Post and now Rodgers. God has lead me to folow those post. There was so much in the Book of Ruth.

Now, I am going for Rodgers post. I have a page filled of scriptures and I do mean filled just on Breast plate. I intend to read and research all of it. Not sure when I will be back in cause Rodger is right there is alot in it. I tried to read some last night. As, many of you know I suffer in physical pain every day of my life. But, during this time of pain, I have had to stop working. But, out of it came something far greater. I am now able to spend the time with him. I had to apply for my disability, but God is taking good care of me and my husband on his income. It is not a large income but meets our needs.

But, just wanted to let you know where I am going with this. Right before coming in here it had been about a year that I had not been in church because of pain. During, that time only one family came to visit. One, girl would send me emails or call . But, God used this time to show me a great sin in my life.
I had it while in Babylon. To me it was the worse sin I ever had. I got caught up in a trap because I was not able to forgive. I did worse then the person who hurt me. Where is this going. The few times I had been in that sin while going to Babylon. My heart was not convicted to stop it. But, then he began to work with me one on one. He delivered me from that sin. But, I could not forgive myself or believe  he would forgive me. That led me to thinking of Hell. I thought it so much I began to hate it. I hated it so bad I asked God to let me die . Then, I was asking him to led me to his truths. Now, we know the Holy Spirit was doing that. I came out and typed in Hell and God used Ray Smith to start teaching me the Meat. Yes, I say meat. Cause I never heard one thing Ray Smith teaches in Babylon. Well, we had been going to a church and it was more worldly then the one we left. It began to make me sick would I saw the wordly things in it. We left.

God was directing my steps in all of this. I do not have the urge to go back. During, that time, I grew up more then I ever had in my life. Just like Ray teaches from the Bible. You begin with a first Love then you walk away from it. Now, I am back and God willing I will stay.

Well, I got fed a good piece of meat that night. I never knew God. God is love not worse then Hittler and other men. God would have been saying to me he never knew me. Now, that was a big piece of Meat to chew on. Well, I got my forgiveness. He is changing me more everday than all the days in Babylon.
That night I worshiped him in Spirit and Truth.  I believe and trust he is able to bring me through the finish line.

Because of all of you, it is a comfort to me to know that if you see me going wrong you will tell me. Why, because you do Love me. And Love, Never fails.
Ray is ill. I love that man. But, all of you who are strong in the Lord are a blessing to me.

God taught me something. You are to easily hurt. When, you are like that you are not able to forgive right.  Not, being able to forgive got me in that last mess. I have been getting letters of presecution from a girl from my church. I know she is blind, therefore I forgive her.  But, with each other we should not  have strive among us. I always check now to see am I the cause of the strive. Do, I take things the wrong way. If, a Brother or Sister in Christ sees it they will use scriptures. I know that now. But, if I have not seen it God has not showed it to me yet. But, to fight and strive is like people who only have the milk.  If, we believe in the things Ray has taught us and God enables us to grow and produce fruit. We know that he is changing us.

The night I asked God for Truth was my time. I had repented of that sin and was so sorry for weeks before God giving me the truth. If, we have something in us and God sees it. He will find a way to let us  know. If, it means a Brother or Sister in Christ showing me so be it.

Well, this has been long enough. I am going to study scriptures. Cause, God has eased up pain in my body. I thank God every day for Ray. I thank God every day for all of you. We are all in this together.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »

Amen Craig!  That was said in a few words perfectly.

In His Love,
Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »

I hope this is specific as possible.

Gorwth in Grace
Rodger

I mean on the forum...where and how this is happening on the forum. Examples of how one is staying on the 'dead works' and how one is going past them into maturity...examples of how one goes backward.

Here is the statement from George again:

The point is knowing where we are, we can then decide to go on past the dead works, into maturity or keep going backwards

Thanks,

Marques

Ricky

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »

Craig, a very , very big Amen to your reply.
 Bless you Bro.      Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »

I can only ask which is more important, what happens in the forum or what happens in Spirit.

This forum is but a landing and take off of like minds of the Spirit, this is A FORUM built of human hands.

It is in the MIDST of our fellowship in Spirit that we Will always find Jesus amongst us.

We are taken in the the heights of heaven in Spirit when we subject to one another in the Spirit of the Word of God.

We come together here on this forum and the Holy Spirit launches us up into the realm of Spiritual Knowledge of God.

We do not gain Knowledge from the Word of God because our flesh sits in a chair in front of a monitor and our flesh types on a keyboard and moves a mouse this is the delusion. The Reality of the Spirit is We obtain because our Spirits are lifted up into the clouds where we met Jesus in Growth of our Spirits.

I will add the Scriptures in a bit as i am but now just waking from meds for allergies......  ;D

Rodger

I thought this forum and it's conversations was the result of what God is doing in us, spiritually. So in that way, in the members discussing the spiritual knowledge from the scriptures, what are some examples of 'staying of the dead works', how one 'is going into maturity', and how 'one goes backward'.

Here is the statement again:

The point is knowing where we are, we can then decide to go on past the dead works, into maturity or keep going backwards.

Thanks,

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »

Marques

Even the Admins were shown something of the Spirit back in the BEGINING.   :o  8)

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh accomplishes nothing. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Rodger

That's a good point Rodger, but again, what are some examples from this statement before:

I mean on the forum...where and how this is happening on the forum. Examples of how one is staying on the 'dead works' and how one is going past them into maturity...examples of how one goes backward.

Here is the statement from George again:

The point is knowing where we are, we can then decide to go on past the dead works, into maturity or keep going backwards

Thanks,

Marques

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »

Members

I see a lot of maturity here in the last few years, some are farther along than others, some will go farther still, others may hit a wall.  For those who go farther in maturity, do they help the less mature?  Or do they find themselves full of knowledge and little patience for others who may be too slow?

30In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. 35The next day he took out two silver coins[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

36"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

37The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
      Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

Who was really the more mature in this story?  The ones who had a "head knowledge" of spiritual things? Or the one who may not have been as knowledgable but shown the works of Christ in him?  The teaching we get from Ray is a gift from God.  It is full of sprititual meat for both the young and old, but this teaching does nothing to take us farther in having Christ live in us and through us, for that we must die to ourselves and desires.  This is where I fail and most here do also, this is the battle we wage, the race we run.  This is what overcoming is.

No matter where we are in our journey we should strive for the works of Christ to show through.

Craig

Samson

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 06:56:41 PM »

Thankyou Craig,

I copied and pasted a paragraph from your Post that I believe to be true and although
I love the meat of Rays teachings, have read all of his Articles, at least once, some have read several
times, even printed out at least 60% of his articles to study and re-read at work, but only retain some
of the points expressed. I probably need to re-read his material more often. I spent most of the time
trying to get a solid understanding on the basics, so I could share with others, when the opportunity
presents itself(1Peter.3:15).

Craigs Paragraph Pasted below from his Post in Blue.

Mature members should not force the meat on anyone, and the less mature members should not try to eat more than they can chew.  Everyone is in a different place in their journey.  Everyone is welcome to fellowship no matter where they stand.  If you abide by the forum rules what is it to me where you are in this walk? or even if you don't believe anything Ray teaches?  No matter the circumstance, God has you were He wants you.  That you can be sure of.

Craig

Also, thankyou Roger for starting this Topic, it's definitely " Food for Thought "  no pun intended,  ;).
I would definitely like to have a Spiritual Steak(Prime Rib, Rare), the desire is there, I pray that it's
Gods Will that I gain more understanding during the present Aion.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.