bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trials and Persecution  (Read 6381 times)

Roy Coates

Trials and Persecution
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »

I am going through some tough times. I count them as blessings. I am requesting prayer for strength to endure. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

mharrell08

Re: Trials and Persecution
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »

I am going through some tough times. I count them as blessings. I am requesting prayer for strength to endure. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

You are in our prayers Roy...may the Lord give you strength to endure.

Marques

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »

Thanks brother, sure am glad for this forum and the people in and around it. This too shall pass. I have been posting, praying and praising, best treatment possible. Peace

mhykx

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:26:28 AM »

I myself am in tough (emotional) moment, Roy.
I don't know what your trials are but be sure that I share your hardships.
Fortunately, we have bunch of promises from God.
And that should encourage us to lift our hands in prayers withoug ceasing.

You will be in my prayer.

With God's love,
-Mike

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:29:51 AM »

Roy and Mike, I will remember you and you remember that the lord will eventually bring you out of all your troubles, hang in there and trust Him.  Judy

inezray46

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »

Roy and Mike, I like you guys and am in trial too. I am new to the people here but not new to the forum. I found the wonderful truths to UR back in 2001. I find it diffuicult to share on forums as I verbalize more in feelings and emotions of spiritual matters and not so much in scripturess. I kinow the scriptures and have been in the word for over 30 years but I am just kind of simple  and get overwhelmed with the other. I seem to learn more by seeing. I am pretty close to battling with what  Ray is in and our days are numbered so let the trial and fight begin. We can lift each other up.
Barara

inezray46

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:52:39 AM »

By the way Roy I live in Port Austin up in the thumb. I am familar with a chuch Christ the King. Know the paster well but haven't seen in years. We are parctially neighbers.!

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 08:10:14 AM »

Thanks my brothers and sisters. It is a new day:) It is good to be alive. I spent the night studying, praying and fellowship and feel much better today. Thanks for the kind words, thoughts and prayer. I continue to pray for the forum members as well. Peace

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »

Hey Roy, You can count on my prayers as well. God bless you Bro.

Roy M

Samson

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »

Hi Roy,

My prayers go out in your behalf, I don't know about you, but for me the emotional and mental
          related trials tend to bother me more than physical related types. Apparently it's part of the
          program this Pre-Resurection experience of life in the flesh and even though we accept it, we
          don't enjoy it and never get used to it.

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:36:32 PM by Samson »

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »

I will keep you in my prayers Roy and Mike! I will keep you all in my prayers. I was never presecuted in Babylon until I was about to come out of her. If , it is presecution for Christ, yes it can be painful. But, there is a reward for enduring.  At least I know , I am on the narrow path and not the wide anymore. Cause, I have actually been presecuted for Christ.

I to find the mental and emotional things hard and endure physical pain. But, they are all for our good. We are all in this together. We have Christ and he helps us endure.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »

Thanks all...
My trouble is far less than some I am sure. Getting on the board and praying for other was good for me. Everybodys kind words and prayers was good too.
Peace

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 11:24:14 PM »

Roy, I will be praying for you! Glad you're feeling better.
Mike, I will be praying for you, too!
inezray46, you will be in my prayers as well.
Kathy :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 03:40:09 AM »

dear roy,
i pray that our good and loving Father will indeed give you the mental, physical, and spiritual strength to endure the trials you are going through. stand firm in your faith in Him.

claudia

Robin

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 05:31:29 AM »

This came to mind when reading your post.

Philippians 4
12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

The trials can be so hard for such a long time. I always wondered how Paul was able to be content in every situation. Then I saw that he learned to be content in all things thorugh hardships.

2 Corinthians 11

I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

30If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

2 Corinthians 12
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Roy Coates

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 03:32:06 PM »

Good Scripture M.G. thanks. Paul's story makes me think the same thing, how? That's why God only gives us today. If he showed us everthing we would not be able to bear it. Praise God!

Mando

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »

Thanks all...
My trouble is far less than some I am sure. Getting on the board and praying for other was good for me. Everybodys kind words and prayers was good too.
Peace
Praying for others always makes us feel better

judith collier

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 01:49:05 AM »

M.G., I don't think until right now I ever considered boasting of my weaknesses but rather painted a pretty picture of my life. Being so humbled is not such a bad thing and the compassion for the sins of other's is always increasing. Now, if I, a bit of dust and bones care so much about other's(except for my husband who I tend to judge) even when they are sinning, I am beginning to see how much God might love us when we are being bad. I always felt I had to be perfect and that was impossible. How many times do I have to be humbled before I get this down pat? I guess a lot more. judy

Robin

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 03:41:34 AM »

Judy, I hit a horrible place one day when I saw that my sin was so deep and so huge that it would be impossible for me to save myself. That was the best day of my life. That's when I knew who my savior is. I wasn't real confident that he wanted to save me, but I knew he was the only one who could.

Luke 18
9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
 13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:43:48 AM by M.G. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.