bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: What does "makes war in righteousness" mean?  (Read 5156 times)

mhykx

Question: What does "makes war in righteousness" mean?
« on: March 23, 2009, 04:15:33 AM »

Pardon my question if this is too trivial.
I always take this liberty of posting questions knowing that my brothers and sisters in Christ are always ready to give answer.

Thanks a lot friends!

-Mike

mhykx

Re: Question: What does "makes war in righteousness" mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:17:21 AM »

My question should be -- What does "GOD makes war in righteousness" mean?

Again, thanks everybody!
-Mike

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:40:43 AM »

Hi Mike! I would think that this simply means that God will destroy unrighteousness. In Babylon's opinion this is done by sending most of humanity, unrighteous as they are to eternal torture in a kind of Guantanamo facility. They can't see that it's the unrighteousness and sin that will be destroyed, and not the sinners. I haven't looked into this very deeply, just my initial thoughts. God bless you, Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »

2 Corinthians 10

3 For though walking in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh

4 (for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God for the pulling down of strongholds),

5 casting down reasonings and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and leading captive every thought to the obedience of Christ,

6 and having in readiness to inflict punishment on every failure in obedience, when your obedience is fulfilled

Peace...mark

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 08:28:09 PM »

Again, thanks everybody!
-Mike

Hi Mike,

Rev 19:11  And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war.

Here is a previous thread that discussed this question, i am looking for any other info.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=7402.0

george.  :)

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

Again, thanks everybody!
-Mike

Unlike man's wars, which are waged due to pride, greed, self-righteousness, etc., God's "wars" have a pure and holy purpose. He doesn't make war outta uncontrollable rage, like humans. His actions are never to seek revenge, or for personal gain, but to purify. They are always for His "opponents" benefits, not His.

God has chosen some now, to equip with Holy Armor, and defeat our "idols of the heart" and the "works of the devil"; and He will use these chosen--few--elect, alongside Christ, to save the rest of humanity in the coming ages...

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also, we all, had our behaviour, at one time, in the covetings of our flesh, doing the things desired by the flesh and the mind, and were children, by nature, of anger—even as the rest,

Obadiah 1:21 And saviours shall come up in Mount Zion, to judge the mountain of Esau,—So shall the kingdom, belong unto Yahweh.

1Co 6:2 Or know ye not that, the saints, shall judge the world? And, if, by you, the world, is to be judged, unworthy are ye of the smallest judgment-seats?

Isa 26:9 With my soul, longed I for thee in the night, Yea with my spirit within me, I kept on searching for thee,—For, when thy regulations [judgments] extend to the earth, The inhabitants of the world will have learned, righteousness.

- Daywalker.

mhykx

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:10:49 AM »

I think I'm beginning to understand it.
I appreciate all your inputs.

If there are more, please post them.
Thanks!!!   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.