bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray  (Read 5552 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Please pray
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »

for my mom, aunt, and cousins;
My Aunt Buddy's (my moms sister) husband died of cancer towards the end of January and left her in a financial bind, so her daughter, Mary Jon, (who is mentally challenged) and granddaughter, Jessica, and great granddaughter [2 years old] (feel terrible because I can't remember her name) moved in with her. The granddaughter went to work, so Mary Jon was looking after the baby. She went inside to get some snacks and when she came back outside, the baby was gone.
My Aunt's house has a large pond about 75 feet off the porch and has a long walkway going out into the pond to a gazebo, and the residence is about one hour outside Baton Rouge. Mary Jon went inside and got my Aunt and they both went looking for the baby. They found her in the pond. She was unconscious and another cousin that was there started CPR. It took some time for an ambulance to respond and get her to the closest hospital, and then she was air lifted to another hospital. She did not survive.
This hits pretty hard because my Aunt's son, Brad, drowned in the early 80's.

They are all an emotional wreck right now. I gave my mom some Scripture, Isa 45:10 (knowing end from beginning) and Rev 13:8 (Lamb slain from the foundation of the World), to forward them. However, they have not had their eyes and ears opened at this time; I have spoken to my Aunt about the Truth and B-T's before and she rejected both.

If you folks don't mind, please say a prayer for them and include my mom. She can't go to Louisiana due to my stepdads health, he has stage IV cancer and is not able to travel.
Thanks.

edit; Her name is Clarissa.
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/41725467.html

CLINTON — A 2-year-old girl died Monday at a Baton Rouge hospital after falling into a pond Saturday, an East Feliciana Parish sheriff’s detective said.

Detective Terry Miller said the child, Clarissa Desdunes, apparently wandered away from a home on Pipes Lane west of Clinton shortly before noon Saturday and fell into the pond.

The child was taken by helicopter to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, where she remained on life support until Monday, Miller said.

The drowning remains under investigation, he said.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:08:12 PM by Patrick »

mharrell08

Re: Please pray
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »

Man, that's tough...you and your family will be in our prayers. May the Lord give you strength to lift your family up in their time of need.

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »

Patrick,
How tragic and sad! There are just no words at a time like this. Prayer is all we have at a distance.  So I will definitely be praying for these folks.
Kathy

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

So sorry, to hear Patrick. I will pray for you all. This is very sad news. But, we know God has them in his hands.

In His Love,
Marlene

Linny

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:30:14 PM »

Patrick, I am so sorry. This is such a heart wrenching thing for your family.
I will pray for all of you.

Blessings, Lin

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:20:56 AM »

in my prayers too.....

gmik

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »

My prayers too Patrick!!! :-* :'(

Daddysgirl

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:14:21 AM »

Patric, my prayers will be with your family. I struggle to deal with hearing of tragedies like this one, i think about them for hours/days on end and always have to somehow ask God to help me heal after hearing something like this.

God be with them in every way needed, I pray.

Matty

iris

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:02:12 AM »

You and your family are in my prayers.

Iris

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »

Words fail me at times like this but I will pray right now.
 I am so sorry.

Roy M

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »

Patrick,

These are very trying times for you and your family.  I will certainly pray for God to strengthen and perhaps shine some light into their lives.

Eileen

Q

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »

I will also pray for comfort for not only your loved ones but also for you brother.

Gods Mercy and love cover all the pain....
God will provide...

Following Christ on our journey..
Q

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:57 PM »

Patrick,

My heart goes out to you and your family.  You all are in my prayers.

René 

Amrhrasach

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »

Patrik, my gosh, my most heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you, and to ALL members of your family in this very difficult and sad time.

Gary

Patrick

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 12:27:34 AM »

Thanks everyone!
I received this email from my Aunt today;

SATURDAY MORNING AROUND 10:45,  LISSA WAS PLAYING OUTSIDE,  MARY JON AND I WERE WATCHING HER AND  JESSICA HAD GONE TO WORK.  THE PHONE RANG AND I WENT IN TO ANSWER IT AND MARY JON CAME IN TO PUT  LUNCH IN THE MICROWAVE.  I WALKED TO THE DOOR WITH THE PHONE AND DIDN'T SEE LISSA SO MARY JON WENT OUT TO FIND HER.  SHE HAD GONE DOWN TO THE POND WITH THE DOGS AND WE'RE NOT SURE IF SHE TRIPPED AND FELL OR IF THE DOGS KNOCKED HER DOWN BUT SHE WAS IN THE POND. MARY JON CALLED TO ME TO CALL 911 AND MARY JON GAVE HER CPR UNTIL THE AMBULANCE GOT THERE AND THEY TOOK OVER.  THEY TOOK HER TO LANE MEMORIAL IN ZACHARY AND WE CALLED JESSICA TO MEET US THERE.  THE EMERGENCY ROOM STAFF WORKED WITH HER AND THEN AIR LIFTED HER TO THE PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CAR UNIT AT OUR LADY OF LAKE HOSPITAL.  THEY TOLD US SHE WAS CRITICAL AND THE NEXT 96 HOURS WOULD TELL THE STORY.  WHILE WE WERE STILL AT LANE MEMORIAL IN ZACHARY THEY TOLD US WE COULD SEE HER FOR A FEW MINUTES AND WHEN JESSICA AND I WENT IN AND  LISSA HEARD HER MOTHER'S VOICE SHE TOOK A BREATH ON HER OWN AND WE FELT THAT WAS A GOOD SIGN.  AT THE LAKE THEY DID A CAT SCAN AND THERE WAS SWELLING IN HER BRAIN AND NO ACTIVITY.  THEY CALLED ANOTHER DOCTOR IN AND DID ANOTHER TEST, WHICH THEY TOLD US WOULD GIVE THEM VALUABLE INFORMATION.  AFTER THE TEST WAS COMPLETED THE DR. OUT AND TOLD US THERE WAS NO HOPE THAT SHE WAS BRAIN DEAD.  JESS WANTED TO COME HOME AND GET A FEW HOURS REST AND WE WENT BACK SUNDAY MORNING AND JESS TOLD THEM TO DISCONNECT THE TUBES.  JESS HELD HER FOR A WHILE AND THEN WE CAME HOME.  WE MET WITH OUR MINISTER TODAY AND VISITATION WILL BE 5 - 7 FRIDAY NIGHT AND MEMORIAL SERVICES AT 7 AT FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH.  GRAVE SIDE SERVICES WILL BE 9:30 SATURDAY MORNING AT ROSELAWN CEMETARY.

PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS.

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 03:22:13 AM »

dear patrick,
i am so very sorry for the heartache your aunt buddy has had to endure with the loss of her husband and now the loss of her great-granddaughter. i feel so sad for your cousin mary jon and her daughter jessica in the loss of little clarissa. it is at times like this that one's first reaction might be the big why question, however, you are well aware that the answer to the why question is that our Father knows the beginning from the end, as the scripture reference (isa. 45:10) you gave your mother states. knowing this truth however does not remove the anguish of loosing a child so young. i pray for your aunt, cousin, 2nd cousin, and your mother during this difficult time. i will also say prayers for your step-dad. and i will most assuredly say a prayer for you patrick.

claudia

Robin

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 05:12:11 AM »

I am praying for your family Patrick.

These are such hard circumstances to endure.

God be with you all through your grief.

Vangie

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »

Patrick,
So sorry for you and your family's loss.  Sending prayers your way.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Roy Coates

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »

Patrick,
You and yours are in my prayers. Thanks for sharing such a terrible experience. It makes all my troubles seem insignificant. Hang in there brother.
Roy

judith collier

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 01:58:06 AM »

Patrick, how very , very horrible. May God be with all of you and hold you up. I pray that the enemy will not attack with guilt and condemnation. I pray for a supernatural peace from God that you all will experience. I am so so sorry for your family's loss. Judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.