bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sin and Guilt  (Read 11583 times)

judith collier

Re: Sin and Guilt
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 05:44:38 AM »

j.g., Anger is one of my great weaknesses, but if I get angry and sin not then I don't worry about it. I would place a bet that you are not a crybaby. Remember the 2 choices of our primitive ancestors? Flight or fight. I consider flight the one that doesn't stay in the battle (the cry babies) then there are the fighters (by God, we are going to see this through to the end) It can work for your good. Temper can't be controlled the first instance (when you start practicing controlling it) but as you get better you can grab it the 2nd time it wants to unleash. It usually makes it's appearance 3 times before dying out. I use to go with all 3(chuckle)Sometimes now I can actually suffer it the first instance. It is not a true emotion. It comes from fear. I got tired of crying and went to fighting. Neither one serves me now. Develop your vocabulary and pray so when you are in a disagreement with someone you will be able to control your words, the emotion of anger itself is not wrong but it is also not a true feeling. judy

Phil3:10

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

Arcturus,
I have learned much from this thread and your wisdom along with the input of all has been a blessing to me personally. Only GOD can bring change in our lives and HE only brings it in his perfect time frame. I praise HIM in that HE has brought such wonderful changes in my spiritual life and anxiously await the changes HE has for me in the future.
To quote you, "There are two groups. Those who see HIM more and more and those who are making merchandise of HIM for self-aggradisement."  HIS perfect calling me out of the Babylonian System along with my anticipation of HIM revealing more of HIS truths daily to me,  I pray will put me in that first group of seeing HIM more and more and HIS bringing about the changes HE purposes in my life.
As you said, my direction has changed. I praise HIM who is everything for this change and look forward to the changes HE has in store for me in the future.
In HIM,

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »

After three years of reading God's Teachings at BT, it is such a huge insight to appreciate that it is GOD who is CHANGING me. Not ME who is changing me.

This is what God has given to me in my experience in this thread. It is HE who shows Himself more and more to US through the wonderous discussions we have here that reflect on HIS Truth and His Wisdom in His Son who is HERE in THIS Forum IN our FELLOWSHIP!

Arc

Marky Mark

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 02:53:40 PM »

Arc,

A BIG AMEN TO THAT ;)

Peace...Mark

After three years of reading God's Teachings at BT, it is such a huge insight to appreciate that it is GOD who is CHANGING me. Not ME who is changing me.
This is what God has given to me in my experience in this thread. It is HE who shows Himself more and more to US through the wonderous discussions we have here that reflect on HIS Truth and His Wisdom in His Son who is HERE in THIS Forum IN our FELLOWSHIP!

Arc

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »

Arcturus,
Any change that we may make is as 'filthy rags' and any change that HE makes is as pure gold fresh from the minting house. HE is all, I am very little. Praise HIS HOLY NAME and all glory to HIS SON and my Savior, JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD and SAVIOR of all.
In HIM,

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »

Hello Phil 3 : 10

Any change that we may make is as 'filthy rags' and any change that HE makes is as pure gold

This is so true. Any change that produces Godly character in us is His Work. What we do is as Paul notes, is as dung....

There but for the Grace of God we are either being conformed to His image or not yet.

Arc

EKnight

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »

I want God to make drastic changes in me for the sole reason that I want people to know and believe in my new found faith.  There are certain things about me that close relatives would recognize the change if they saw it.  I want God to use me as proof positive.  I don't want to talk the talk, I want to walk the walk.

Eileen

dogcombat

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »

I think we can all see something in this thread that we didn't notice before.
Like the Laodicean Church in Revelation 3, (and all of them for that matter)
God uses the tribulations we endure to show us how WEAK we are in dealing with them.  Only after He does this FIRST, are we then strengthened with the faith in Christ to OVERCOME them.  This journey is not down the path of least resistance.  Because in order to overcome a challenge, you must walk through it.  And He is there with us to make the 23rd Psalm a living reality.

May His Grace Abound
Ches
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.