bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little help please  (Read 6594 times)

AK4

A little help please
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:48 PM »

hi everyone,

I just got a quick question.  I am considering getting a vasectomy (surgery so i cant have anymore kids).  I was wondering if there is anything in the Word that may say or suggest that God may be against this or that this may be a sin.  I cant think of verses or passages that may suggest this or if it is mentioned or alluded to at all.

If anyone can find or know something or maybe just have an opinion about this, it would be appreciated--good or bad.

Thanks

Anthony

ps---i already have 3 kids and 2 step kids and just turned 31 if this helps.  And i know i should just depend on the Lord regardless and i do and will and i ultimately do what He already predetermined and i will let His spirit guide me.  Im just saying..........I dont want anymore kids!!!!!! ;D

mharrell08

Re: A little help please
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »

hi everyone,

I just got a quick question.  I am considering getting a vasectomy (surgery so i cant have anymore kids).  I was wondering if there is anything in the Word that may say or suggest that God may be against this or that this may be a sin.  I cant think of verses or passages that may suggest this or if it is mentioned or alluded to at all.

If anyone can find or know something or maybe just have an opinion about this, it would be appreciated--good or bad.

Thanks

Anthony

ps---i already have 3 kids and 2 step kids and just turned 31 if this helps.  And i know i should just depend on the Lord regardless and i do and will and i ultimately do what He already predetermined and i will let His spirit guide me.  Im just saying..........I dont want anymore kids!!!!!! ;D

There's your answer...and believe me, even with just 2, I feel somewhat the same.  :D

1 Tim 5:8  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel

It's hard enough to provide for the mouths your already have and if you feel like more would hinder that, then don't have anymore. As long as your heart is not just set on yourself but on your other loved ones, then you all should be able to come to a sound decision.

Marques

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »

No vasectomy Anthony.  You'll just need to quit having sex! ;) ;D

Craig

AK4

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

Craig

LOL.  I dont know if that can happen.  If we did that i might walk around with this face all the time >:( >:( >:(

Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »

Craig

LOL.  I dont know if that can happen.  If we did that i might walk around with this face all the time >:( >:( >:(

Hey Anthony,

I believe you asked this question in all seriousness and sincerity. Craig seems to be adding alittle
                   humor and Marques indicates in dark black print from your own quote that you answer your own
                   question. Apparently, like me, you don't want to quit having relations(Sex);  ;D, so there must be
                   a less painfull alternative,  ;). No disrespect intended by me, but by the size of your household
                   and being only 31 years old, it doesn't appear you want to " quit having sex ", that doesn't seem
                   to be your desire or number one choice,  ;D;).

Kind Regards, Samson.

walt123

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 10:56:31 AM »

Hi Anthony

When you do decide, get the scaleless operation your in and out in 30 min.s if you stay still. :o
I had it done at 36yrs old and having three sons ,which is more than i or my wife can handle .
About having sex you may still have to convice your wife that its ok to get together ::)

Walt

musicman

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »

I think they found the original bible in some dungion of the Vatican and it says that this procedure is not a sin if you refuse anesthesia.  But what does that book have right?  It also says that the priests should celebrate not celebate.

Say, is this a . . . . . . ."big".. . . . .problem for you? 
We don't want to. . . . . . . . . . "cut". . . . any important ties.

On a more serious note:

They will probably suggest that you leave a sample of what was, before the procedure.  There are many. . . . . . . . "magazines". . . . . . . . available to prepare you for this.

In closing:

OOOOOOOOOOuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:21:43 PM by musicman »

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 02:33:58 AM »

Anthony, you can look at this in many ways as I did when i was 40. I was raised catholic and at one time was very devout and almost continually pregnant. First, what does your wife say?  Do you have a child between the both of you? How do you handle stress? Got the faith or would another child be a stumbling stone to it? I read and agree with the statement that an unappreciated child is an abused child. I also know that my last child was and is the greatest joy of my life. I think this dilemna needs prayer and trust and doing it for the right reason. If you know yourself well and are to the point of confidence with it, do what you need to do. I do not say this stuff lightly as it was the most horrible decision for me the way I was raised but eventually came confidence and I never looked back. There was some guilt but no condemnation in Christ. Judy

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:09 PM »

You seem so young for such a semi-permanent procedure.  I mean, there are other ways.  My youngest is 18 1/2 and my husband just keeps it covered (if you know what I mean) and it's worked for.....19 years!!  On the other hand, if it hadn't, neither of us would have been devastated. 

Eileen

Let us know what you decide ;) JUST KIDDING

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »

Eileen, you are too funny!!! Judy

Vangie

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 07:44:38 AM »

I just saw a commmercial for the Slap Chop.  You can get it for $19.95 and you get a free Graty with a twister and everything.  Ooooooh weeeeee! 

Anthony-you know I'm kidding! 

You've gotten some great input so far.  Whatever you decide will be the one you were meant.  But $19.95, man that's pretty cheap.... 

AK4

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:15 AM »

You guys are great!!! :D ;D  Thanks everyone.  All replies were/are greatly appreciated.

There's your answer...and believe me, even with just 2, I feel somewhat the same. 

1 Tim 5:8  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel

It's hard enough to provide for the mouths your already have and if you feel like more would hinder that, then don't have anymore. As long as your heart is not just set on yourself but on your other loved ones, then you all should be able to come to a sound decision.

This is a powerful verse and i know regardless the Lord will bring me through.  Even when i fell on hard times anytime in my life with my family, He always came through for me somehow.  But excellent verse

Hey Anthony,

I believe you asked this question in all seriousness and sincerity. Craig seems to be adding alittle
                   humor and Marques indicates in dark black print from your own quote that you answer your own
                   question. Apparently, like me, you don't want to quit having relations(Sex);  , so there must be
                   a less painfull alternative,  . No disrespect intended by me, but by the size of your household
                   and being only 31 years old, it doesn't appear you want to " quit having sex ", that doesn't seem
                   to be your desire or number one choice, 
,  .

Kind Regards, Samson.

With whats in bold---- Even if i had a free will to free will myself outta "relations" i wouldnt will it ;D.  Hopefully it aint in Gods plan either---but "Thy will be done".

Hi Anthony

When you do decide, get the scaleless operation your in and out in 30 min.s if you stay still.
I had it done at 36yrs old and having three sons ,which is more than i or my wife can handle .
About having sex you may still have to convice your wife that its ok to get together

Walt

Im going to try have sex the same day if i can--depends on the pain i guess. :o Ive read some peoples experiences online and by their response it can go both ways.

I believe that is the one i am getting---i think my doc had a different name for it.  The wierdest thing is that i always had a woman doc all my life, but when i went to this urologists IT WAS A MAN!!!! :o.  Now im scarred for life lol. 

I think they found the original bible in some dungion of the Vatican and it says that this procedure is not a sin if you refuse anesthesia.  But what does that book have right?  It also says that the priests should celebrate not celebate.

Say, is this a . . . . . . ."big".. . . . .problem for you? 
We don't want to. . . . . . . . . . "cut". . . . any important ties.

On a more serious note:

They will probably suggest that you leave a sample of what was, before the procedure.  There are many. . . . . . . . "magazines". . . . . . . . available to prepare you for this.

In closing:

OOOOOOOOOOuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Hilarious.   They do ask you if you want to "save" some and put it "in the bank" before the procedure.  lol.  I wonder.....if i put them in "the bank" and this starts to go under....if the president and congress will bail it out.  And what will they bail it out with---lol

Anthony, you can look at this in many ways as I did when i was 40. I was raised catholic and at one time was very devout and almost continually pregnant. First, what does your wife say?  Do you have a child between the both of you? How do you handle stress? Got the faith or would another child be a stumbling stone to it? I read and agree with the statement that an unappreciated child is an abused child. I also know that my last child was and is the greatest joy of my life. I think this dilemna needs prayer and trust and doing it for the right reason. If you know yourself well and are to the point of confidence with it, do what you need to do. I do not say this stuff lightly as it was the most horrible decision for me the way I was raised but eventually came confidence and I never looked back. There was some guilt but no condemnation in Christ. Judy

Shes all for it--i can hear her now "NO MORE KIDS".  Yes we have one between us.  Stress is my middle name, its all i know.  I have the faith, she has none.  All in all, i will have a clear conscience will i get it done, and that is what the scriptures want us to have.

You seem so young for such a semi-permanent procedure.  I mean, there are other ways.  My youngest is 18 1/2 and my husband just keeps it covered (if you know what I mean) and it's worked for.....19 years!!  On the other hand, if it hadn't, neither of us would have been devastated. 

Eileen

Let us know what you decide  JUST KIDDING

I dont know how to keep it covered :( ;D--it just dont work for me---lose all the feeling to me. i will let you guys know at the end of this post. 

I just saw a commmercial for the Slap Chop.  You can get it for $19.95 and you get a free Graty with a twister and everything.  Ooooooh weeeeee! 

Anthony-you know I'm kidding! 

You've gotten some great input so far.  Whatever you decide will be the one you were meant.  But $19.95, man that's pretty cheap.... 

Slap chop?!!!! When i first read that i cringed up.  hilarious

Well today is my procedure and thanks everyone for responding.  I have a clear conscience on getting this donenow, before posting this thread i was bothered on whether to do it or not but you guys have helped and cheered me up and The Spirit spoke to my spirit to give me a clear conscience on getting it done.  Of course it was already determined anyway duh.  Thanks again everyone.

Ac 24:16 - Show Context
So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

1Co 4:4 - Show Context
My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

1Ti 3:9 - Show Context
They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience.

2Ti 1:3 - Show Context
I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

Heb 13:18 - Show Context
Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.

1Pe 3:16 - Show Context
keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Thanks again everyone

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.