bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer please  (Read 4035 times)

judith collier

prayer please
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:58:56 AM »

I need prayer so badly. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I am responding terribly, cursing, mean and hateful. My husband drinks at night and likes to harrass me, this is the only time he talks to me. When sober he is so impatient and critical. Last night he threatened to hit me but I said I would call the police. He will not seek counseling and takes all his frustrations out on me. I understand how difficult it is to be blind and dependent but I don't deserve this and I don't know what to do. He was better tonight but usually he persecutes me for doing everything wrong and puts me down so badly I want to kill him. I pray but there doesn't seen to be any answer. I pray for him all the time. My father was alchoholic and now I have another one and how can I leave him when he is blind. Why can't God give him grace like I prayed ? Judy

Marlene

Re: prayer please
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:06:39 AM »

Judy, God urged me to come in here now.  Now, I know why. I will take your name up to him in prayer. I have such a wonderful Husband.  Just, rest in Gods arms. He will see you through. I will keep you in my prayers. I feel so badly for you. He is blind more ways then just the physical. If, it helps just remember he does not know what he is doing. Father Forgive Them They Know Not What They Do.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

Peace, grace, comfort, courage, strength and understanding to you Judy and your husband in the name of Jesus Christ. Be faithful as He is faithful. Your in my prayers, Roy

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »

Thank you Marlene and Roy, it took a lot for me to ask for help but after being here awhile I trust you guys and know God hears you. I will look forward to God's answers whatever they may be. If it is me who has to change, so be it. My brother-in-law is gone for awhile with friends and it usually escalates when he is gone. I think it is a matter of control and my husband feels like he doesn't have any control anymore. I want harmony and peace but if this is not God's will then I will accept it. I just don't know what His will is now. I start everyday like it is a brand new day and I forget yesterday but perhaps this is enabling, I don't know. judy 

Vangie

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »

Judy, I know it's so hard to go thru, but you are not alone.  Always remember you have Jesus to lean on when you feel like you're falling apart.  You're being tried with an especially tough situation; my prayers are for our Lord to comfort you and give you strength to maintain.  If I were you, I think I'd have gone off the deep end already many times over.  I think you starting each day anew is the key!  God has your husband where he is also for a reason; and your patience with him is a fruit of the spirit. 

But you know you can always vent here.  I'm telling you truly, one thing that drew me in to this fellowship was realizing that everybody here was real, and dealing with real life stuff.  It's so great to have this "family". 

Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

Mando

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »

Matt. 6:34.
     take a day at a time leaning on Jesus. Don't worry how he'll be tomorrow, that will only stress you out. Deal with the situation TODAY, and that's trusting Jesus. I was a punk with my wife before Jesus, if He could change me, He could change your husband. Like Paul said, I was the chief of sinners. 1 Tim 1:15-16
                     Respectfully
                        Mando

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 01:35:07 AM »

Vangie and Mando, thank you for your concern. This concern from all of you makes me feel less alone, I do not tell my children everything because I don't want to diminish their father in their eyes. I happen(oh, really!) to come home tonight after taking my husband to his car club and just happened(oh, really!) to turn on a program about boundaries and difficult people and what to do in situations. Simple things like getting up and going into the bathroom or taking a walk, just simply remove yourself and tell him I will talk to him but not when he is like this. And that the only person I can control with God's help is myself. I think sometimes I want to be right instead of having peace, I don't know for sure. And what Marlene said too, he doesn't realize what he is doing(I don't know that for sure) but a good possibility that it is true. I don't hate him, except when my temper is up but I need to get myself in a better place with God and rely on Him more. I have always been so independent and think I don't need anybody but that is straight from the evil one himself. Thank you all again. Love judy

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »

I need prayer so badly. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I am responding terribly, cursing, mean and hateful. My husband drinks at night and likes to harrass me, this is the only time he talks to me. When sober he is so impatient and critical. Last night he threatened to hit me but I said I would call the police. He will not seek counseling and takes all his frustrations out on me. I understand how difficult it is to be blind and dependent but I don't deserve this and I don't know what to do. He was better tonight but usually he persecutes me for doing everything wrong and puts me down so badly I want to kill him. I pray but there doesn't seen to be any answer. I pray for him all the time. My father was alchoholic and now I have another one and how can I leave him when he is blind. Why can't God give him grace like I prayed ? Judy

Judy my sister,I thought you could use a dose of scripture, God bless you... :)

2 Corinthians 4:8-18

8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

13It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken."[a]With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.