bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remembering where we came from  (Read 7293 times)

Becky

remembering where we came from
« on: June 05, 2006, 01:50:38 PM »

wow guys,
I happened upon a website that was listed in the memberlist and listened to a sermon from that website on hell............

I have to say WOW! I almost forgot what I used to believe and I just want to say that I am so amazed at how we can be deceived in the world.  False prophets talking about "false prophets" and they scare you into believing the lies.  I never understood how (well I do now) I believed in HELL..... especially when it was yelled at me!  It is awful to see the dumb sheep following along. (i am talking about myself)

Just because someone is behind the pulpit, behind a microphone, they have the authority... but they are talking out of their........... nevermind!

I feel bad for the congregation... i feel bad for the children.. i know it is meant to be... but i guess it was my reminder today that this is still a reality for the many out there... wow!

I am in awe what truths I have learned here (from the Bible itself!)

Thank God for his mercy for we truely are a sinful people!

chrissiela

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:58:01 PM »

Father forgive them (us) for they (we) know not what they (we) do!!!  [-o<

Chrissie

buddyjc

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »

Wow you guys, a few months ago I really felt God was calling me back into the church, so I started going again, but it wasn't long before I realized that God called me back in order to show me that I truly do not belong there.  Its funny that when we were in church we thought we had finally arrived, and that it was what being a believer in Christ was all about.  Now we know that it was just the beginning, and that we still have a long way to go.  Sometimes it is important for us to turn around and look to where we came from.

Brian

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:29:55 PM »

Amen to that Bobby! :)

JJ

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »

After 20+ yrs in the church system/college and all, I then avoided    organized church for another 20 yrs. -because of the legalisms and lies,
but in fact, some of the studies and beliefs I had found were still lies or
not quite all truth.  For so many years I did NOT believe in an eternal torturing hell, but studied and thought 'destruction' meant just that, so I
was close but not close enough!   Now I understand the glorious plan of God to save ALL!

But the humbling thing is this-- I fought the church on their nonsense and
legalism and tried to find a church that was not that way.....  finally found one that seemed just good enough.  I figured that IF I didn't hear any talk about eternal hell that I could just overlook it and be okay...... in just
a few months I became a foaming at the mouth church goer, after 20 yrs of fighting it!  This was so weird!  Not normal for me!  But then 4 months into the church thing,  I was helping my daughter research for a paper and up popped B-T website!  Nothing has been the same since!   God took me back INTO the church so that I could experience the falling away-into the arms of another god/church system-and THEN He opened my eyes to His sovereign plan to save ALL!   Now I no longer seek the approval/acceptance of my christian friends in the system AND I understand that I can not change ANY of these  systems AND that ONLY
God can open the individual's eyes... peace in His sovereignty!

I hope I never forget where I came from and can stay humble, because we all must be forgiven for what we have believed and
promoted and NONE of us would see anything or seek God if He had
not ordained and opened our eyes.  We that understand these things are not more clever or wise than the rest!  We are seekers, ONLY because God has compelled us to be so.  We see and hear truth ONLY because God has allowed and ordained.  We are nothing without Him!
  Chrissie said it so well!  
JJ

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:52:44 PM »

Remember NOT the former things :lol:

I thought that was a good word :lol:

Daniel

Becky

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

well said JJ!

Becky

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 03:17:17 PM »

My husband said he never had hell taked about at his church... yet they believed in it... it was candy coated like bobby said.. he said that my church experience wasn't good and not normal..... well unfortunately his churched believed the same thing and he didn't get the jam-it-down-your-thrat- experience to make him question it.  I think that kind of church is just as dangerous or more dangerous because it is sneaky and too much about getting #s up and entertaining the congregation...but the lies are still the same :(

Becky

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »

tis very true! even though i know it is his will..... it is still so bizarre to see.. it is awesome. sounds like a contradiction, but it is gods power showing through!

Becky

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 03:37:22 PM »

listen to the last 20 minutes or so or rays audio (on deedles website) of "How Hard is Getting Saved?" part 2  ..

he talks about how john looked back (in revelation) and how it is important to see where you came from to grow from...

ALSO RAY SEEMS TO BE SAYING WHAT MIKE WAS SAYING ABOUT THE 7 SEALS! QUOTE: "We're going to live the seals!"-Ray

Anyone else hear that????

Lightseeker

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 04:33:40 PM »

JJ,

Your time spent in/out of the 'system' is similar to mine.  Two years in, 17 out and now 18 back in.  I like what you said about not being able to change the systems.  But we can change some brothers/sisters who are in those systems.  How can one hear...except someone teach?

I once heard a well known 'prophet' speak about a 'rousing good' weekend conference they had...with attending signs and wonders.  After the conference, and blushing with pride, he asked God just how much of what went on, was actually of Him/God.  The Lord replied, "About 15%...and that's more than you're used to!"  He was incredulous and then responded, "But Lord, why do you let it all go on then?"  The Lord replied, "I want my people to learn discernment!"...ouch  :oops:

Bobby's43,

Not a big deal but your reference is wrong.  It's 2Co 6:17 not 4:17.    :wink:

JJ

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 07:06:07 PM »

Yes, Dee, any change will come one by one.  Never as a whole.

But it is such a comfort to me to understand that God has a plan and is
sovereign and will drag His children to Himself and I am not going to
miss a chance or mess up someone's life......  He is in control and will
open eyes and ears, in His time, for His purposes, using me if He chooses.  (I'm pumped on God's sovereignty, so please correct me where you might think I error in reasoning. )

The opposite of the begging alter calls... "You could leave this building and die in a car crash and never get another chance, if you don't get saved now..... one more round of Just As I am......"  and all that stuff.

Keep sharing the Truth!  God's Truth blows me away!
JJ

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 09:14:13 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela

Chrissie

Amen Chrissie, amen.

One more thing if i may add

And Father please remind us and teach us to stay humble, "for what have we gained that we have not obtained? And if we have obtained it, then why do we act as if we have not?"

God bless,

Alex

SandyFla

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 03:24:13 PM »

Quote from: Becky
listen to the last 20 minutes or so or rays audio (on deedles website) of "How Hard is Getting Saved?" part 2

What is Deedle's website address?

Andy_MI

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »

Quote from: SandyFla
Quote from: Becky
listen to the last 20 minutes or so or rays audio (on deedles website) of "How Hard is Getting Saved?" part 2

What is Deedle's website address?

Hi Sandy,

Here's Deedles address:

http://www.aionios.com

Andy

SandyFla

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 11:14:07 AM »

Thanks, Andy.  :)

bobf

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 01:36:42 AM »

Quote from: chrissiela

Chrissie

Awesome Chrissie!  You really made them (me) laugh with that one!!

:D  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.