bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tools of the Trade  (Read 5235 times)

Falconn003

Tools of the Trade
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:26:20 AM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.0.html

In this link you will find many useful tools for researching Scrpture, comparing Scriptures, and finding Scrptures on certain words or topics at a whim.

It help turn my feather tongue into a Sword.  Provided the Holy Spirit is my instructor in the Word as God wills.

Peace
Rodger

aqrinc

Re: Tools of the Trade
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »

Thanks Rodger,

I had some of those tools' but there were a couple there that really fit well in my tool chest. Now since i have more tools i get to do more work, but it is all good.

george. ;D

mhykx

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »

Thanks for this Rodger.

For a starter, I would really recommend E-sword for a beginner like me.
Great free software in the world!  ;D

-Mike

Falconn003

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

Ah don't thank me ... Craig is the one who put them alltogether in that thread :)

So thank Craig.

Rodger

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 09:30:14 AM »

Also from http://bible-truths.com/email6.htm

We learn from God by comparing Scripture with Scripture, spiritual with spiritual, and only then by the inspiration of His Spirit.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »

Ah don't thank me ... Craig is the one who put them alltogether in that thread :)

So thank Craig.

Rodger

I might have started the topic, but that is Kat's handywork.

Craig

Falconn003

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »

Well then Thank Kat :)

Rodger

Much  obliged Kat..... take a bow  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:13:15 PM by Falconn003 »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »

Ray’s Three Main Reference Bibles

My three main references and that’s other than my King James, are the Emphatic Dioglott, a little blue book that the Jehovah Witness publish.  But I think you can buy it on Amazon books.  The Emphatic Dioglott is only the New Testament.  Concordant, you ought to be able to get on Google or Amazon too.  But you can get it at Concordant.org. and I hate to send people there though.  Because they are seeing all the other stuff and start reading and pretty soon they get into this 2 administrations - 2 gospels - 2 resurrections - 2 everything nonsense and I don’t want people lead astray.  So sometimes I’ll send them to Amazon and they’ll come back and say, I can’t find it.  Then I will say here’s where you can get one, but don’t get tangled up in their doctrine. 

The Concordant doesn’t have the old Testament yet.  But they are working on it as we speak.  They do have it, but they don’t have it in one volume.  So they either will put it in one volume or maybe they will put the whole Bible, Old and New into one volume.  Because right now you have to buy all of them separately, at least a dozen or more of the Old Testament books.  They are $6-$7 a piece, so they are over a $100 if you buy the New Testament and all the Old Testament books. 

This one you can buy at any Bible book store, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible.  That‘s nearly as good, in some ways it’s better than Concordant and some ways it’s not.  But it’s very equal.  Same way with the Emphatic Dioglott, in some places it‘s better than Concordant and in some places not quite. 
If you say, ‘well how can you make such a judgment?’  By studying.  When you study the word aion or something, as often and as long as I did, you learn a few things.  You can pretty much tell if somebody is either prejudice or lacking knowledge, when they say something. 
But I would say if you don’t have an Concordant, at least get a Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible, they are not very expensive.  But it at least will not have all this ever and ever, eternal and all that, it will have the right words.  All of those words are right.  In other words, I would say 99.99% of the Scripture are translated properly. 
Maybe in some places Concordant has it a little better and some places not as good.  But at least it’s on target, I mean there are few places where they are flat out wrong.  But in the Concordant, Heb. 11:3, we were talking about that, “the things were made from things that do not appear.”   I mean they just totally butchered that, you can just take the Concordant there and x it out, just put a big X over it, because it’s pathetic.  It’s just gobbled gook.  But mostly it’s pretty good.

But notice this little chronological order, this is neat. http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.