bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What form of government does God prefer?  (Read 9832 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
What form of government does God prefer?
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »

Folks,

What form of government does God prefer for humans until his son returns to rule in perfect love?
I think this short video illustrates the history of human government and provides a good basis for discussion of our options and how they work.

http://wimp.com/thegovernment

It also gives us a good reasoned basis for the rules we use on the BT forum.
This is not a democracy.

Please take a look and comment

Old Indiana Bob

Stevernator

Re: What form of government does God prefer?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:19:28 PM »

According to the book of Judges (or perhaps Joshua?) God seemed disappointed when the Israelites demanded a king but he okayed it.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »

This is a great video.  But I want to warn all, that we don't want to turn this thread into political debate.

Nip it in the bud.

Craig

ARMEJIA

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 05:49:15 PM »

hi friends.wouldent the body of christ be a type of goverment

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »

The video is very interesting so far, I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing. Thanks Bob for sharing this. Craig, thanks for the gentle reminder!
Kathy :D

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »

hi friends.wouldent the body of christ be a type of goverment

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty El, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of  of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 22:21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

1Corinthians 12:28 And  hath set some in the assembly, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

2Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Peace...Mark

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:02:05 PM »

Exactly right Craig,

The video was attractive to me because it says so much in so few words.  No politics intended.   ::)

In the final alalysis scripture says we need a government of law as opposed to every person doing what seems good to themselves.  That was the point I wished to offer for consideration.

Additionally, the BT forum like most organizations of friendly discussion still need rules and the rules should be based upon the established constitution or body of law that each member agreed to at the outset.
AND like the Supreme court of our land, the moderators (the supreme court) are appointed for life. 
New members do not get to change/elect the court of last appeal.   ;D   ;D

And of course all of my comments above are subject to moderation by the proper authority.

Respectfully appreciate your caution, Indiana Bob

This is a great video.  But I want to warn all, that we don't want to turn this thread into political debate.

Nip it in the bud.

Craig

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »

OMG! IBob, you are so smart! How do you find these things? Very eye-opening video!! thank you!
Kathy :D

musicman

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 12:25:26 AM »

He wants the government where I'm in charge!!  Yeah!!  Musicman should rule I tell ya.  We could call it a Musicoscracy.  All shall bow at my presence.  Huahahahahahahah!!

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 12:37:10 AM »

Hello Kathy & thanks,

What got my attention, as with things on the forum, is how uninformed the general population is.
When folks are stuck in christendom and don't check things out or aren't called out they really do not understand what would be obvious IF they were blessed with the understanding that Ray & Dennis have shared with us who read B T and who have been given the GIFT of understanding.

So many of my friends and relatives are living in a dream world thinking things will just go along as they always have, UNTIL the banks lose their assets and their pension goes down the drain.  I suppose it is the same with their beliefs about God and His faithfulness.  They just assume that the preacher knows what he is preaching about and they never bother to confirm what they are told.  We are so blessed to know what we have been given that it is difficult to contain it in our hearts and minds.

Love and hugs, Bob

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 12:58:31 AM »

Wait!! Stop the presses!! Musicman has spoken!! Oh yeah the supreme musical being!! hmmm.. what shall we call you? Your High-Noteness? Hehehe! How about that? Yes! I am almost bowing down, but wait I have things I want from your government Your High-Noteness... I shall write my demands, er my requests out on musical paper so you will be able to read it more easily! First, a tax credit for each song we sing to you most noble sire! I will sing to you from morning until night! (I can sing nonstop and I know a MILLION songs!!) heehe! $$$$$ I am gonna be RICH! Oh, what? You are NOT open to my suggestions? Ha! Then I shall NOT vote for you!! WHAT? You say there is no voting? You are just declaring yourself head of the government?? I'll have to think about this....... :P
 ;D ;D

judith collier

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 04:18:58 AM »

How could any form of government be run faithfully when most people are carnal? I do think there is an ethical predisposition if taught some bare basics but even that seems to be going by the wayside. I pray for our country. judy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 05:12:49 AM »

Hi Bob

What form of government does God prefer?
invites contemplation on God's Kingdom.

1 cor 15 :24

24. Then comes the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

When the end comes there will not be a need for rules, all will obey God, there will not be a need for authority, all will have the precepts of God written in their hearts and hearts of stone will have been changed, and there will not be a need for power, death will be vanquished and God will be all in all. All will enter into Gods rest. Jesus will be the last one after He has delivered up the kingdom to the Father. Jesus is the first and last. Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega.

Such a kingdom is most worthy to be seeking. Seek you first the kingdom of God and all these things, what things...rules will be shadows and will vanish, authorities will not lord it over anyone and power will have done its work.

We know that all power in heaven and earth is given to Christ. It is His work within us that shall bring each one of us to the full height of His perfection when finally, at the end, in the order He has designated, God will be all in all.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html     
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html

Seek yea first the Kingdom of God...that is what we are doing as we study here in BT.

Arc
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:15:18 AM by Arcturus »

EKnight

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »

1 cor 15 :24

24. Then comes the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

When the end comes there will not be a need for rules, all will obey God, there will not be a need for authority, all will have the precepts of God written in their hearts and hearts of stone will have been changed, and there will not be a need for power, death will be vanquished and God will be all in all. All will enter into Gods rest. Jesus will be the last one after He has delivered up the kingdom to the Father. Jesus is the first and last. Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega.

Hi Arc, 

I think you paraphrased 1Cor 15:24 beautifully.  The part I put in bold immediately brought to mind the image of Captain Sully (the pilot that landed the plane in the Hudson River) checking the plane a few times to make sure no one was left behind (like the parable of the 99 sheep and the one lost).  Capt. Sully was the last one after he had made sure all were saved.  Is my analogy on target?  I only ask because sometimes I think I have something right and I am totally (spiritually) off the mark.  I don't mean to bring the spiritual down to physical, I am just a "visual" learner.

Eileen

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 12:00:57 PM »

If an analogy or a song, or a movie or a flower or a sunset turns our minds to study the Word of God and compare Spiritual with Spiritual this is His Gift to us. It is His Glory to reveal His love for us in deeper proximity to our own personal experiences of life.

Jesus said. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15 :13

Through your analogy Eileen my mind was caused to think of the above Scripture. So Who is doing the directing in this discussion? The Spirit of Christ Himself. Not you or I. He is the cause of everything. He is causing all who are studying His Word here in BT to walk in HIS good works to learn of Him His ways and Spirit.

Arc

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:02:51 PM by Arcturus »

eggi

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »

Very well said Arc! You said just the thing I wanted to say! I can add that the reason we have governments today is to keep everything from going out of control. In this carnal age that is absolutely necessary. After the end there governments will not be needed anymore just as you said, Arc. God bless you, Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Samson

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »

Thanks Bob,

I appreciated and enjoyed this Video, as you stated, the information is to the point
                 and simple to understand. It cleared up some misconceptions I had on the definition
                 of certain types of Government; Example: the difference between Democracy and
                 Republic. I think that I will send this link to my Dad, as he likes that type of information.

What came to my mind after viewing the Video, although not directly related, is what
                 type of Government we were exposed to growing up within our Families. I don't know
                 about you, but I'm certain it was a Dictatorship governed by a controlling Father who
                 produced victims who attempted to be " Pleasers " of the ruling individual, stunting the
                 emotional growth of those family members. Just some food for thought regarding the
                 type of Government one might find in the Family setting.  ;)

Kind Regards, Samson.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »

I don't think the video protrayed God's kingdom at all.  It showed how man's government will always fail though.

Craig

walt123

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »

With man it is impossible ,BUT with GOD all things are possible

Human nature doesn't know how to stay the course of what is good for all ,it is the spirit of God that never fails

Walt.

jassy

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »

According to the book of Judges (or perhaps Joshua?) God seemed disappointed when the Israelites demanded a king but he okayed it.

It was in 1 samuel 8 verse 11 to 22. God also warned them what a king would do. And it stays true today no matter what type of rule. Great video. short, informative and to the point.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.