bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darkness Forever?  (Read 4765 times)

daywalker

Darkness Forever?
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »

I am going through Ray's Creation & The Flood Study again, and I saw something, that I decided I would share... Nothing extraordinary, just some interesting thoughts...

The average Christian, believes that Adam & Eve [because they had a free will] didn't have to eat the forbidden fruit; thus we would all be living in one giant Garden of Eden. But here's a few questions regarding that theory...

Gen 1:3 And saying is the Elohim, "Become light!" And it is becoming light.
4 And seeing is the Elohim the light, that it is good. And separating is the Elohim between the light and the darkness.
5 And calling is the Elohim the light "day, and the darkness He calls "night." And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, day one.

Long before God created humanity [or "days" before  :D], He created "darkness--night". Throughout the Scriptures, it's made clear that "darkness" signifies evil and calamity. So, if God's "Original" Plan was for Adam & Eve to never sin, then why did God create night--darkness? Furthermore, if God's "Original" Plan was for humanity to dwell in this Garden forever, then why create the Sun and the Moon?

Gen 1:16 And making is the Elohim two great luminaries, the greater luminary [the Sun] for ruling the day, and the smaller luminary [the Moon] for ruling the night, and the stars.

Rev 21:23 And the city has no need of the sun nor of the moon, that they should be appearing in it, for the glory of God illuminates it, and its lamp is the Lambkin."

The Creation of darkness, the Sun and the Moon, are all PROOFS that God's Plan "from the beginning" was NOT for man to dwell in the Garden of Eden forever!

Amazing what we can learn from Nature and God's Creation!  ;)

- Daywalker.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:27:54 PM by daywalker »

Marky Mark

Re: Darkness Forever?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

I am going through Ray's Creation & The Flood Study again, and I saw something, that I decided I would share... Nothing extraordinary, just some interesting thoughts...

Gen 1:3 And saying is the Elohim, "Become light!" And it is becoming light.
4 And seeing is the Elohim the light, that it is good. And separating is the Elohim between the light and the darkness.
5 And calling is the Elohim the light "day, and the darkness He calls "night." And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, day one.

Long before God created humanity [or "days" before  :D], He created "darkness--night". Throughout the Scriptures, it's made clear that "darkness" signifies evil and calamity. So, if God's "Original" Plan was for Adam & Eve to never sin, then why did God create night--darkness? Furthermore, if God's "Original" Plan was for humanity to dwell in this Garden forever, then why create the Sun and the Moon?

Gen 1:16 And making is the Elohim two great luminaries, the greater luminary [the Sun] for ruling the day, and the smaller luminary [the Moon] for ruling the night, and the stars.

Rev 21:23 And the city has no need of the sun nor of the moon, that they should be appearing in it, for the glory of God illuminates it, and its lamp is the Lambkin."

The Creation of darkness, the Sun and the Moon, are all PROOFS that God's Plan "from the beginning" was NOT for man to dwell in the Garden of Eden forever!

Amazing what we can learn from Nature and God's Creation!  ;)

- Daywalker.

The average Christian, believes that Adam & Eve [because they had a free will] didn't have to eat the forbidden fruit; thus we would all be living in one giant Garden of Eden.

Daywalker,yeah,I remember growing up in the catholic school system and the nuns always saying that Adam and Eve were the reasons for us having to go to school in the first place,in order to get a job and work :o.They actually taught that work was not Gods intention,but the garden of Eden was :o.   Go figure...

Peace...Mark

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

Daywalker,yeah,I remember growing up in the catholic school system and the nuns always saying that Adam and Eve were the reasons for us having to go to school in the first place,in order to get a job and work :o.They actually taught that work was not Gods intention,but the garden of Eden was :o.   Go figure...

Peace...Mark

Haha, yep, and ironically, the 2nd Chapter of the Book they claim to believe in, destroys that heresy:

Gen 2:5 and every shrub of the field ere it is coming to be in the earth, and all herbage of the field ere it is sprouting, at that time Yahweh Elohim does not bring rain on the earth, and there was no human to serve the ground.

Gen 2:15 And taking is Yahweh Elohim the human that he had formed and is leaving him in the garden of Eden to serve it and to keep it.

8)
- Daywalker.

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

There is so much information in the Nashville transcripts, i could spend a year in this one section coordinating with the latest Science Journals and Reports. It seems that everyday there is a new discovery being made that The Scriptures have already verified for several thousand years (Yoms).

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9130.0.html

Excerpt with comments by me in blue from: Nov. 08 Bible Study - continuation of 2008 Nashville Conference

NASHVILLE POSTSCRIPT

It amazes me how close I’m beginning to see what scientists are learning and what the scriptures say.  What’s so unfortunate is fundamentalist Christians - orthodox Christians, believe the Bible says something it doesn’t say.  So they think that the Bible and science are miles apart in many areas.  Then they try to make it fit, because they know, for example, it says this in Romans 1 and it’s very profound statement.

Do not try this with your friends over coffee, good chance you will get the coffee and yourself tossed out :o. Oh btw; do not even think about it if you are still attending a physical church ???.

Romans 1:20  Paul says, for the invisible things of Him (that is God) from the creation of the world are clearly seen (Not just seen, clearly seen) being understood by the things that are made. Even His eternal (it should be ‘imperceptible power,’ not eternal. It’s the words imperceptible - not being able to see) power and Godhead (divinity); so that they are without excuse.

Yet we keep looking at the seen world and try to explain the unseen by it.

So the things that are made, that is the creation itself, points to the imperceptible power and divinity of the creator God.  But when orthodox Christians interpret Genesis, for example, as a literal thing and not only literally but incorrectly, they don’t even translate it literally.  But they believe God, for example, created the heavens and the earth and all that in them is, in six 24-hour periods.  Six 24-hour day periods!  That’s not what the scriptures say.

KJVA+Strong's
יום

yôm
yome

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

The word day is yom, spelled y-o-m, like home. Yom is almost never, ever used in the scriptures.  You’ll find day like 2000 times, but almost never ever does it mean 24 hours or what some would call a solar day, from sunset to sunset and again sunset to sunset, sunset to sunset. Almost never is it used that way. They think it is, but it’s not.

If they would follow the scriptures closely, they would have avoided this from time memorial. Even in the King James, it’s not hidden.  People say, ‘Well, it’s talking about literal days, literal 24 hour days.’  There’s no such thing as a literal 24 hour days.

First of all, you don’t find 24 hour days anywhere in the scriptures.  Sometimes there is a period that has reference to 24 hours, but inevitably it will always then say day and night.  So you know it’s both periods of time.  When it says day, it means day, not night.
“God said let there be light, and there was light” (Gen. 1:3).  We’re going to see that’s not the best translation.  It should not be “and there was,” because that gives the indication He said it and there was. That’s not what it says in the Hebrew, He said it and ‘it came to be’ or ‘it did come to be.’ That is the way it should be translated and that’s the way your better translators will have it.  The Concordant has it “and coming is it to be so.”  It’s not in the indefinite, it’s in the past tense.  Either ‘it came to be so’ or ‘it did come to be so.’  Not at that instance though, but it came to be so, a period of time. 

Modern Science and Quantum Mechanics have established a timeline of from 4.5 to 4.6 Billion year age of the Earth.

Now, “and God saw the light that it was good and God divided the light from the darkness and God called the light day.[/b]”  There it is.  Now why don’t they believe it?  They would’ve avoided all this stuff that’s been going on for hundreds of years, about were the days literal and was the earth created just 6000 years ago or 4.5 billion years ago, you see.

Yes It Was to both. At least by Einstein's Law of Relativity it is.

Gen 1:5  And God called the light day, the darkness He called day?  No, because I read that wrong.  The darkness He called ‘night.’  Now there are two different things and that’s easy to see. What is the day?  The light is the day.  The dark is not the day, the dark is the night.

And like the Creation, we come out of Darkness Into Light (Evening first and then Morning)

george :).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.