bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Visit  (Read 6531 times)

Marky Mark

Strange Visit
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:54:37 PM »

I just want to throw this out there,in the form of an general question,if you will.

Recently, and this has only happened once in my life,as I was thinking and reading of the Lords Word I had a type of a mental visit,if you will. Being aware of the Truths of God for some time now, one has a tendency to think and meditate on what one learns from our Father, that being,in His will, and not our own. Now we all know that satan can and does have influence on all of humanity,

1Peter 5;8  Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary, the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:

This is a spiritual fact of life and I do understand it.But the point that I'm trying to make is this,for a moment, and I mean a split second in time, my heart and mind seemed to have a door opened really fast, boom, open /shut  bang ,done.
And without hesitation or question I knew it was satan trying to come into my being(heart/mind),like trying to look at what kind of damage could be done here but with Gods Spirit so heavy on my heart it seemed like that old serpent just said "well no room in here",so off he went.
  It is something that I know was real but is hard to put into words. Has anybody ever sincerely felt something like this or is it an over active imagination here?
  Me, I don't think it is, but, strange to say the least.

Thanks,

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Strange Visit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »

All is from God! His purpose for this circumstance was perhaps to give you a glimpse first hand that God is God of the Heavens and the Earth! Not strange at all.... :)

Have you read the teachings at http://bible-truths.com/splinter.html

You might find some very interesting parallels there! Enjoy.

Arc
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:17:11 PM by Arcturus »

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »

All is from God! His purpose for this circumstance was perhaps to give you a glimpse first hand that God is God of the Heavens and the Earth! Not strange at all.... :)

Have you read the teachings at http://bible-truths.com/splinter.html

You might find some very interesting parallels there! Enjoy.

Arc

Arc,
   Thank you for the link, I went back and reread and there seems to be a similar confluence,but then again,I'm not Paul ;D

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »

Sure, that's true enough! :D No one else is Paul.

God is God and He rules in the psychic realms of our experiences as well. God can sure do some amazing things.

Thanks for sharing.

Arc

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:18:54 PM by Arcturus »

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »

Mark,

I am constantly slamming the door in the face of Satan.  My mind will go off in a direction it shouldn't and when it does, my heart yells out to God to take it away and/or forgive me for not having my mind set on His ways.

Eileen

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »

Sure, that's true enough! :D No one else is Paul. That is a good thing!

God is God and He rules in the psychic realms of our experiences as well. God can sure do some amazing things.

Thanks for sharing.

Arc

God can sure do some amazing things.

Amen Sister Arc,Amen :)

Peace...Mark

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »

Mark, Yes, I have experienced what you have. For the last two weeks something would come and try and steal  what God has showed me. At first, I did not know. I thought it was at first me. But, it was not matching up with Gods Spirit. When, I acknowledge what it was. It left and has not been back.
I know, I overcome it because the Holy Spirit come to my rescue. Thanks to knowing the truths I have learned I was able to see it for who it is. But, the Holy Spirit gave me the ability to overcome.

I read Matt. Chapter 4 during this time. I saw how the devil tried everything to make Jesus fall.

Rodger, also started a thread called Milk- Meat and also, brought up the breast plate. George also gave me scriptures about the whole armour of God.
This can be found in Ephesians Chapter 6.  

I believe, we are all in the overcoming stage. We, have to learn to test the Spirit and whose it is. Thats, why we better have it on.

I believe God used that thread of Rodgers, for my benefit. He helped me to overcome. Like the devil did not want to let up on Jesus in Matt Chapter 4.
I know this overcoming is for a life time. He is always going to try. We are no longer lost to truths. We are in the battle and the Spirit of God is our weapon.  Its the full Armour.

I just gave the Chapters so hopefully all will read them. But, also, remember it is all through out the Bible. What, did this testing do for me. It made me see that Gods Spirit is able to keep me and chase him off.

I just want to tell you, what happened to me. Not that I want to give any thing to the devil. This, is all for God and had I not had Gods Spirit on I would have been in a world of hurt. The devil tried to lie and tell me that just because I knew truths did not mean God would ever want me. He wanted me to think I was unworthy to run this race. I am unworthy. He wanted me to think I was too bad to ever be chosen by God. When, I figured out who it was I told the devil that it didnt matter if I was chosen. But, it was not about what I have done. I know, I am filthy as rags. But, My God is Righteous and His Son died for all of us. None, of Humanity is worthy, but Jesus is.

Rodger, god did use you to start that thread. He used it for sure for me. Cause the devil was tempting me to steal Gods truths from me.
I Praise God for his protection.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »

Thank-you Marlene,I understand fully what you are saying and we must give all Praise and Glory to the Father.

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »

Maybe God is showing you that sin no longer has dominion over you which as Ray expresses in the following, is a place we should all come to....

Re: I am very worried and down-right scared
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:22:46 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Web Master suggested I made an editorial note to my last reply to Jeremy's email on quitting sin. I was not suggesting that we becomes totally "sinless" when we become spiritually converted. The key is in the word I used to reference Romans chapter 6 in which it is stated that sin shall not have "DOMINION" over our lives. Now there is a different between consciously living sin free, and committing sins even when we consciously determine not to sin.  It is not humanly possible to live totally sin free. Notice Paul's words:

Phi 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Phi 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Phi 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Phi 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Phi 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

This letter was written years into Paul's ministry, and years after his bitter repentance, and YET, he states, "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect..." If Paul could admit to that, where oh where do you think most of us come in?  Yet we should all come to the place in our lives where "sin shall NOT have dominion over you." Hope this makes my previous statements a littler clearer.

God be with you,

Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6922.0.html

Only you will know if this is where God has brought you  to experience the place where evil has no dominion over you.

God frames evil, you know what it is when you put a frame around something,  you know frame it.  He frames evil, so it won’t go totally out of control.  What appears to be out of control today in the world, is actually framed.  God knows how far it’s going.  Nothing is out of control. http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html

I know that God can, at the flick of a switch, expand that frame anytime I get too sure of myself. Yet He is saying quote:....

you see, you’ve only experienced life from your perspective.   And that’s not enough.  Not if you’re going to be a king and rule the world under Christ.  You’ve got to have a broader perspective of everything and everybody....... http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html

I know I can not widen or broaden my perspective. God has to do that and He is so Great as He uniquely teaches, trains, schools and leads us. All things are possible with Him. Is this not what our experiences also show us. He can MAKE Satan slam an access door to us.  With God all things are possible and the journey He has us on is miraculous.

Arc
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:00:08 PM by Arcturus »

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »

These strange visits are now recognized by us, because our eyes and ears are somewhat opened. Before That we used to welcome any strange visitors; since we were lost and deceived. Now we have been instructed how to test the spirit to see if it is true.

(Brackets and bold words added by me)

The Armour Of GOD Is The Word Of GOD:

Joh 6:63  (KJV)
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This Armour OF GOD; protects us from some very serious and powerful adversaries.

Eph 6: 11-12 (CLV)
11 Put on the panoply (Armour) of God, to enable you to stand up to the stratagems of the Adversary,
12 for it is not ours to wrestle with blood and flesh, but with the sovereignties, with the authorities, with the world-mights of this darkness, with the spiritual forces of wickedness among the celestials."

This is what comprises the Spiritual Armour that we all need before going into the battle.

Eph 6: 14-17 (KJV)
14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Doing everything with real humility is required, if anyone wants to be exalted by GOD.

1Pe 5: 6-11 (CLV)
5 Likewise, younger men may be subject to the elder, yet all wear the servile apron of humility with one another, for God "is resisting the proud, yet is giving grace to the humble."
6 Be humbled, then, under the mighty hand of God, that He should be exalting you in season,
7 tossing your entire worry on Him, for He is caring concerning you."
8 Be sober! Watch! For your plaintiff (Enemy), the Adversary (Devil), is walking about as a roaring lion, seeking someone to swallow up;"
9 whom withstand, solid in the faith, having perceived the same sufferings being completed in your brotherhood in the world."
10 Now the God of all grace, Who calls you into His eonian glory in Christ, while briefly suffering, He will be adjusting, establishing, firming, founding you."
11 To Him be glory and might for the eons of the eons. Amen!

george. :)

meee

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »

Quote~~
Eileen,
 Thank you for your input.What is strange about my inquiry is I did not slam the door,satan did,as sure as I'm sitting here typing to you.
Peace...Mark

Wow to have such an experience! To know that satan knows he can't have his way with you, he wouldn't even try. He was convinced you really do belong to the Father and not the world. Praise the Lord!!!!
      Thanks for letting us in on your experience Mark.
 Terry

meee

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 04:08:26 PM »

Boy is that a load off my mind ;)
               Terry

I would like to amend the word visit with the word vision,as in mental vision. I want you all to know that satan was not standing there beside me. :-[[/color]

Peace...Mark
[/quote]

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »

I want you all to know that satan was not standing there beside me.

Here are some excerpts from The Lake pf Fire - Part 9 :)

Can we not see that Satan serves a needful purpose in God’s plan? It was absolutely needful that Satan tempt Jesus. If it weren’t needful, God wouldn’t have done it!
<
<
Thank God that Jesus was not intimidated in the slightest by Satan:
"Then says Jesus unto him, Get thee hence SATAN… Then the DEVIL leaves Him…" (Matt. 4:10-11).
Does Satan obey Christ by leaving and never to return? Is this the end of Satan? No. Let’s see what else Luke’s account adds to this drama,
"and when the devil had ended all the temptation [Gk: testing], he departed from Him for a season [Gk: until an opportune time]" (Luke 4:13).
So Satan left our Lord only for the moment. However, Satan would be at the heels of Jesus wherever He went.
<
<
Satan leaves, but only "for a season." Some might wonder why Jesus wouldn’t just command him to leave and never, ever return again? Because, Satan is needed. Satan was created for the very purpose that he fulfills.
Jesus tells us in a parable that wherever His Word is heard, Satan is there to do his dirty work:
"And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown, but when they have heard, SATAN comes immediately, and takes away the word that was sown in the hearts" (Mark 4:15).
I have no doubt but that this is happening right now to some who are reading this Series on the Lake of Fire. Some will see in their heart that these things I am teaching from the Scriptures must be true, but quickly Satan plants doubts and visions of persecution in their minds, and so some will immediately reject these grand truths because of Satan’s influence over their carnal minds. Satan is a very powerful spirit being.
This is not a ‘one time only’ parable by Jesus. This parable is true every single time that God’s Word is preached. Satan is always there to "take away" God’s words of Truth from the heart of the hearer. This parable is just as true today as it was two thousand years ago when Christ first gave it. Wherever the Word of God is being heard, there will be Satan also.
>
>
Remember, Satan can do NOTHING without God's approval.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

Arc

jassy

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:28 PM »

Thats why I joined this forum! you realise that others have the same experiences.  While I was doing worldly research I was fine. As soon as I started studying  the bible in conjunction with Rays teachings I went down in the dumps.
I was a worm, oxygen thief, waste of space, why was I still alive?
Also confirmation, I think, that I am doing something right.
Fine now, Holy Spirit gave me insight as to why I wanted to do a Thelma and Louise everytime I drove over a bridge.

daywalker

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 07:41:53 PM »

Hey Mark,

Though I haven't had any 'direct' ??? contact with Satan, that I'm aware of... I've had a few strange experiences in my life. I actually, posted about them in my "debut"!

In case you're interested:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8168.msg65828.html#msg65828

God does strange things sometimes. Isaiah 28:21

;D Daywalker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.