bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Even sinners see the deceit  (Read 4086 times)

Roy Martin

Even sinners see the deceit
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »

Several people have asked me, family and friends, if I'm still going to church. I tell them no and why, and its strange how they know that the churches aren't right. Most of them say they believe in God, and have tried church a few times, but saw the deceit right off the bat. A few years ago my sister started going to church with me. Her first visit was wham and she was on fire. She had a glow that was noticed by even the pastor. In a short time she gave it up. It was just recently that I told her about the truth Ive learned here, and she said that that's the reason she quit going. Many times she would give when she didn't have it to give, but she said she felt shamed not to give. All the things that took me years to come out of, she saw almost immediately.All my family members that tried church with me; the same story. I find this interesting because I don't understand it yet. My bro-in-law; been to church a couple times in his whole life, an alcoholic, cursing all the time, but not a bad person in general. I shared with him what Ive learned here and he says," Roy Ive always known that somehow, and that's why I don't go to church. He prays from time to time, but that's as far as it goes. The thing is, they saw it before me. There could be millions of people that would say the same thing.                                                                                      People not seeking God with all their heart, yet they see the deceit in the churches.

Peace
Roy

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:12:40 AM by Roy Martin »

Marky Mark

Re: Even sinners see the deceit
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »

People not seeking God with all their heart, yet they see the deceit in the churches.

Roy,

These verses came to mind.

Romans8

19 For the earnest expectation of the creation awaits the revelation of the sons of God.

20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who subjected it,

21 in hope that the creation itself shall be freed from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groans together and is in pain together till now;

23 and not only so, but ourselves also, having the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, awaiting the adoption, the redemption of our body.

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »

Mark those verses certainly answers most of my interest.
 We are called into Babylon to see the lies and then called out to continue. They see the lies without going into Babylon, but still believe in God but don't seek. They were never blind like some of us, or so it seems.
 What is the difference between them and us? Did God keep them from being blind?  Those never blinded; those in Babylon blind; us once blinded; and we all believe in God. The never blinded are w/o faith. The blinded and unblinded having faith.
I'm not sure why I'm interested in this, or that it even matters. Perhaps just curiosity.

Roy

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:11:31 AM »

We are called into Babylon to see the lies and then called out to continue. They see the lies without going into Babylon, but still believe in God but don't seek. They were never blind like some of us, or so it seems.
 What is the difference between them and us? Did God keep them from being blind?  Those never blinded; those in Babylon blind; us once blinded; and we all believe in God. The never blinded are w/o faith. The blinded and unblinded having faith.
I'm not sure why I'm interested in this, or that it even matters. Perhaps just curiosity.

Roy

Roy, everyone worships the Beast until the Lord calls and chooses them to not worship the Beast anymore...it doesn't matter whether one goes to a church or not. Even atheists worship the Beast. So all are blinded to worship the Beast.

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:20:11 PM »

Roy

What is the difference between them and us? Did God keep them from being blind?

Roy,here is an email to Ray,I don't know if it will help in concern of the questions in your heart, but I think it falls into the fold.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6550.0.html

Hi Ray,

I will keep this very simply and short. Does GOD have a plan and destiny (specific) to each person? If so, how do you fnd or fulfill that specific plan?

Or is GOD's plan general to all but not specific to each person. Example: HE wants us all to know HIM, Love HIM. etc. Or is there some specific plan for each person. (Example: HE wants you to be a computer programmer).

I ofter read Jer 29:11-13 and wonder about a specific plan.

Thank you.

Julie

Dear Julie:  We are all far from understanding Who and What God really is, but there are at least a few things we can know for SURE about Him, and whatever we know for sure, if it is true, it will always be true seeing that God does not change.

Now then, I have taught most of the last 40 years of my life in vain according to the perceived results of my teaching.  Here are a couple of Truths regarding God that ALL Christians agree are true and that they believe, but just about everything else in their life, philosophy, theology, etc.,contradicts totally these basic truths.

[1] God is SOVEREIGN

[2] God is LOVE

[3] God is ALL-KNOWING

[4] God has a MASTER PLAN

Now then, what are the implications of those truths?  We need to meditate and think about these because most do NOT base their lives and their beliefs upon these truths.

We all want to know exactly what it is that God wants of us, how we should live, where, with whom, doing what work, for what end or purpose, etc.  Few of us are ever content to realize that we are right at this very moment EXACTLY where we are suppose to be, doing exactly what God has had foreknowledge of us doing from before the foundation of the world. Your entire PAST consisted of exactly what was determined you would go through up until this moment.  But what about tomorrow?  We all want to know what will be in our lives TOMORROW?  Unfortunately, this is not for us to know:  "Whereas ye know NOT what shall be on the morrow"  (James 4:14).

Not even James the great Apostle knew what each day would bring in his life.  Did the other Apostles all know what God had planned for their lives?

(CLV) Verily, verily, I am saying to you, When you were younger you girded yourself and walked where you would; yet whenever you may be growing decrepit, you will stretch out your hands, and another shall be girding you and carrying you WHERE YOU WOULD NOT" (John 21:18).

God does not tell us  exactly what He has planned for our lives. Yes, Jeremiah declared that the time would come that His people would cry out to God with all their heart and God would hear them, but even then, it is up to God, not you, to know when He will put it into your heart to cry out to Him, and up to Him as to how He will rescue you and save you. I know that this is not the kind of thing that people want to hear, but it is the Scriptural truth.

You can go to the Churches of this world, and they will tell you that you need to dream your dreams and if they are good ones, God will honor your every wish and cause you to be totally successful in whatever job, career, or endeavor you set your heart on.  And some even foolishly believe that they have caused their own dreams to come true.

If God gives you the desire to please Him, then God will not deceive or forsake you, and you will be the success that God desires you to be. But.....BUT, there is no guarantee that He will ever tell you what that will be, specifically.

God be with you,

Ray

2 Corinthians 4

4 among whom the god of this age has darkened the understandings of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine forth.

Peace...Mark

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:47:28 PM by Marky Mark »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 16 queries.