bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: RMAC for esword?  (Read 12335 times)

Andy_MI

RMAC for esword?
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:22:58 PM »

Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the RMAC (Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes) for esword. I have the module installed and can see the tab in the dictionary window but all it has are codes in the right margin that don't seem to correspond to anything I click on in any bible translation. I have the feeling that I'm missing something that needs installing to link it to esword bible modules. Can anyone help me out here?

Thank you,

Andy

ertsky

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 03:56:58 PM »

Hi Andy

you need to be reading a translation that has the RMAC codes in it.

for example GNT-TR+

there are others

the RMAC Codes in the text can then be clicked on bringing up the decoding on the RMAC module.

f

Andy_MI

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 04:50:06 PM »

Hi ertsky,

Thank you. It works now  :D  All I need now is to learn new testament greek and that will be a great tool! Speaking of which, I wonder if there is an excellent online resource to learn new testament greek? I've wanted to attempt to learn for sometime now. I've been able to learn a few words via transliteration only. I think it would be a good thing to know. Anyway, just rambling on.. again Thank you (ευχαριστω)

Andy

Nelson

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »

Hi folks

Here's a couple of links for learning some Greek

http://www.textkit.com/greek_grammar.php

http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/

Another very useful tool is ISA which includes Bible modules for Young's, KJV and the Concordant Version with an interlinear Greek text and a Lemma (anglisized version of Greek) text so you can learn to pronounce the Greek words. It can be downloaded free at

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Hope this helps folks.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

ertsky

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »

All I need now is to learn new testament greek and that will be a great tool!

LOL! Andy, i gave a few online basic NT greek courses a look, but soon ran out of motivation :) the flesh really is weak :lol:

i found i was getting on fine just studying the usage of greek words in the NT.

i still intend to chase up tenses and voices etc eventually though.

if i'm really getting into a verse sometimes i move over to a greek with RMAC and look a little closer looking back and forth, until i get dizzy.

one thing i really REALLY have enjoyed getting from e-Sword is how after months of looking at the greek words by strongs numbers i have started to build up a sense of the various greek words and their usage.

for example

hupomeno and hupomone compared with makrothumeo

thumos compared with orge

en, eis and dia

etc etc

f

PS: thanks for the links Nelson

ertsky

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »

heres another discovery i just saw made easy to catch in e-Sword

beware the KJV

hows this for a translation disaster?

in this verse

Rev 15:1  And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

seven last plagues is seven last plege in the greek

#####################################

now in this verse

Rev 13:3  And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

deadly wound is deadly plege in the greek

#####################################

there you have it, the good old KJV once again obscuring the fact, that the plagues in 15:1 and the wound in 13:3 are BOTH from plege in the greek.

f

Andy_MI

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »

Hi Isabell,

Here's the definition of plege:

G4127
πληγή
plēgē
Thayer Definition:
1) a blow, stripe, a wound
2) a public calamity, heavy affliction, plague
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G4141

It is used in the following verses: all in Rev.

Rev9:20 ; 11:6 ; 15:1, 6, 8 ; 16:9, 21 ; 18:4, 8 ; 21:9 ; 22:18

I hope this helps,

Andy

Steve Crook

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 11:30:47 AM »

Quote from: Andy_MI
Hi Isabell,

Here's the definition of plege:

G4127
πληγή
plēgē
Thayer Definition:
1) a blow, stripe, a wound
2) a public calamity, heavy affliction, plague
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G4141

It is used in the following verses: all in Rev.

Rev9:20 ; 11:6 ; 15:1, 6, 8 ; 16:9, 21 ; 18:4, 8 ; 21:9 ; 22:18

I hope this helps,

Andy

How do you copy this information from E-sword?

Thanks

Andy_MI

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:26 AM »

Hi Steve,

I used my book titled Vine's expository dictionary of old and new testament words and found in the back in the list of transliterated greek words the word plege and went from there. I downloaded the dictionary module for Thayer's greek definitions and pasted it here on the forum.

Andy

ertsky

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 12:31:54 PM »

I think I am going to start a serious study of Revelation when I get home...

yeah i've been thinking along these lines as well Isabell.

i've been shocked over the last few days.

first the KJV "wrath" turned out to be two different greek words that seem to be needing to be distinguished from each other.

next wound and plague turned out to be the same word thus linking verses i hadn't thought as relevant to one another as they may be.

what next i wonder.

time to put in some serious study hours i think, if only the flesh wasn't so darned weak  :lol:

f

ertsky

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 01:10:10 PM »

i was just doing some more study on the word plege and it's got me mad how plege is never translated plague(s) until we get to revelation.

it's wound(ed) or stripes all along the NT

then all of a sudden in revelation in many pivotal verses it's suddenly plague(s)

how the heck did plege = blow, stripe, wound

become

plague??

oh well back to the study

f

mercie

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 10:40:56 PM »

Quote from: ertsky
i was just doing some more study on the word plege and it's got me mad how plege is never translated plague(s) until we get to revelation.

it's wound(ed) or stripes all along the NT

then all of a sudden in revelation in many pivotal verses it's suddenly plague(s)

how the heck did plege = blow, stripe, wound

become

plague??

oh well back to the study

f

Is not all of God.
wound \ bruise \ stripes \plagues

A good study .

Deu 32:36 For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that [their] power is gone, and [there is] none shut up, or left.  

Deu 32:37 And he shall say, Where [are] their gods, [their] rock in whom they trusted,  

Deu 32:38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, [and] drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, [and] be your protection.  

Deu 32:39 See now that I, [even] I, [am] he, and [there is] no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither [is there any] that can deliver out of my hand

Daniel

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 11:08:51 PM »

You know, I just read what Ertsky wrote here

next wound and plague turned out to be the same word thus linking verses i hadn't thought as relevant to one another as they may be.

YES!!! This is when "word wresting" is hard to untwist because one is looking at the one "word" only. This word is linked throughout to other words spreadout through verses using different words comparable to others :lol:  

Not only this, but "other words" in the same verse your linking to others (comparable) will change as well. This is why spiritual to spiritual comes to play, otherwise the disciples needed their head in a dictionary and exact matches in verse :lol:  They would be able to through the various word changes "be able" through comparison and weighing something be taught of the Spirit that way.

Just as we laugh at "context" there truly is more to laugh it in this regard :lol:

Daniel

mercie

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 11:15:29 PM »

quote Daniel

Not only this, but "other words" in the same verse your linking to others (comparable) will change as well.

Very much , they do link by comparison.

One set of Scriptures link to another and so on , each word  and each phrase.

Then the spiritual compared to the spiritual , which for many is Utter foolishness.

Daniel

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »

Oh great you see it too mercie :lol:  I think its exhausting the scribe "out of" us. God makes all of our attempts foolishness don't he? To our "wits end" as a freind of mine says.

Just as we had to come to see "context" as "foolishness" these "methods"  too will become the same. I love studying a word, no doubt. It adds a richness and a depth most often and is enjoyable. At the same time it can be used only for sake of "arguing" and miss the point of the whole. Hard to put into words but I found God true in this regard.

Take for instance Word #1 in conection to word #2  thats easy.

Now take word #1 with 7 "other words" it means which are found elsewhere in scripture as well. Now compare it with word #2 which also has 10 "other word" meanings found in scripture. Then watch all these words interchange behind one another, even when a "pattern" has changed. It will exhaust ones mind (which desires for scribehood) :lol:  BUT by the Spirit comparing "spiritual with spiritual" is invigorating and alive and beautiful always, provoking an awe of HIM.

Always a blessing, even "in part", just learning to wait on Him concerning these things.

He is good

Blessings

Daniel

mercie

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 12:29:25 AM »

Daniel
There is one way to seek the meaning of the word By context , another by definition , another by similarity in so doing by comparison and of course we have metaphors and so on.

But Im Old , what do I know about how to study , Best leave that to the scholars.

Every Blessing

Daniel

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 12:58:49 AM »

:lol: I'm no spring Rooster myself Mercie, technicalities were never my speciality either.

Your right Mercie, its best left to the scholars, you know they always get it right. Just play stupid, roll over and let them be "right" :lol:

Daniel

mercie

RMAC for esword?
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 01:09:14 AM »

Quote from: Daniel

Your right Mercie, its best left to the scholars, you know they always get it right. Just play stupid, roll over and let them be "right" :lol:

Daniel

Your probably right Daniel , just like school , sit down and LEARN.

Im your teacher , your just the pupil.

Whatever happened to the simplicity of FAITH.

Sam

Greek word plege
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »

Isabell thankyou for bringing all the translations of this word to our attention.  It seems even clearer that we all endure chastening, whether you want to call it stripes, wounds or plagues.  None of us escape it.  Part of the cleansing plan of God.

mercie

Re: Greek word plege
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 08:09:12 PM »

Quote from: Sam
Isabell thankyou for bringing all the translations of this word to our attention.  It seems even clearer that we all endure chastening, whether you want to call it stripes, wounds or plagues.  None of us escape it.  Part of the cleansing plan of God.

yep!
 :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.