bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Angry with God  (Read 5035 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Angry with God
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »

I just wanted to share this with my friends here at BT. I was visiting my Mom at the hospital the other day who was fighting for her life to breathe due to advanced emphysema,i mean she was so pitiful that i couldn't help but cry for her and durning this my thoughts went toward God, WHY, Why God,why must you let her suffer like this, i mean she is 73 yrs.old just take her, well my friends i'm a shame to say this but at that time i failed God i was so mad at God for what was happening to my Mom i mean i actually turned on God, i was angry, i was mad in my heart and mind toward God, and then 5 minutes later this verse came to me

"He that loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me" (Matt. 10:37).

You see i thought since i have been here at BT for about 2 years i have learned so much and i have and i felt in my heart that since God had called me out that i must truely love God,so when God showed me this verse i cried again but this time is was from shame from what i had felt in my heart toward God.I now see that God loves us so much that all these things must happen that we may know these truths,and because of all that happened i now see things better and feel that i love God more than ever. I must say before all of this i really didn't think to much about that verse but now i think i get it.
God Bless
Terry
Terry

Roy Coates

Re: Angry with God
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »

Terry,
I do not have any great words of wisdom for you. But I will tell you that you are not alone. I would be lying if I told you I never felt that way. I too have been confused and angry with God. The positive part is the level of awareness that you have. I will pray for your and your mothers Peace, Grace, Understanding and Comfort. Be faithful as he is faithful.
Roy

24 Grams

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:57:40 PM »

"He that loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me" (Matt. 10:37).

Hi Terry.

You have every right to grieve for your mother...

In Revelation 1:10 &  12 John, "…heard behind" him, a trumpet, and he "turned  to see…" 

And from this we learn it is only when we look back in our lives, that we see what we didn't see when it was actually happening...

My father died some years ago...It was not easy...

...But God has it that it is through tough experiences that we learn the most.

If we are to love our enemies and pray for, of course we should do the same for our family...

God be in you.

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »

Sometimes I think it is good to remember just who we are. Little creatures made out of dust, physically born and physically die. Of course I am older and have seen many die. I have accepted this as part of life but it still can be difficult when you love someone, that is natural.  Judy

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »

Still praying for you Terry and your mother. Keep us posted

Terry

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 09:23:48 AM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers, after almost 5 weeks in the hospital and near death at times, yesterday my Mom was very much better, when i got there at 7:30 she was up walking around breathing much better, and the day before she couldn't take a sip of water by her self as she was so weak.

I told my Mom that my friends here was praying for her and that really made her happy, my mom is big on prayers so i ask that you keep her in your prayers,i think i see many things good coming out of this i know it has made me stronger and my mom and i have gotten closer, i have been able to show her many scriptures of Gods love for his children and how he will save all of his children, i don't know how this will turn out but i pray God opens her eyes,well anyway i'm glad i have friends to pray for me and my family thanks so much and God bless
Terry
Terry

meee

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 02:36:38 AM »

Terry,
     I'm keeping you and your mom in prayer.
            meee

Ocean

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »

Terry,

I had that 'anger' moment with God when i lost my dad when he was only 53 yrs old...in 1998. It was so sudden if not so cruel of blood septicemia...smth i thought could be easily cured in this day/age.

It is only now (10 yrs later) that i've come to understand and appreciate God's hand in it....at that point, I was on the verge of 'throwing in' the marriage towel and i know my dad would have encouraged me to do so. My only regret is i don't get to share BT with him...how he would have loved to debate those theological arguments.

My greatest walk of faith is through my heart-breaking 'valley' moments...i don't think i can learn any other way. It is then that i ask God to comfort me as i don't know how or who will....He never failed me.

Pour all your emotions at His feet....He understands and you'll be amazed at teh revelations you'll receive. Will pray fro you and your mum.

Blessings,
Ocean

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »

Terry,
Hoping your mom is still having a better time. I pray that your mom will feel better and you both will have peace.
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 10:08:09 PM »

Just a little Scripture perspective, we all need to be careful how we speak about anger towards GOD. GOD Is Loving, Merciful, Peaceful, Longsuffering, Kind, Forgiving, And Every Good Thing. We are also told to Fear GOD and keep HIS Commandments. GOD Is Merciful but we should Not Tempt HIM As Israel Did in The Desert and Were Left there.

Ecc 12:13 (MKJV)
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter. Fear God, and keep His commandments. For this is the whole duty of man.

Remember:

2Ti 3: 16-17 (MKJV)
16  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17  that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

Job 40: 1-14 (MKJV)
1  And Jehovah answered Job and said,
Shall a reprover contend with the Almighty? He who reproves God, let him answer it.
3  And Job answered Jehovah and said,
4  Behold, I am vile! What shall I answer You? I will lay my hand on my mouth.
5  Once I have spoken; but I will not answer; yea, twice, but I will go no further.
6  And Jehovah answered Job out of the tempest, and said,
Now gird up your loins like a man. I will question you, and you teach Me.
Will you also set aside My judgment? Will you condemn Me so that you may be justified?
9  And have you an arm like God? Or can you thunder with a voice like His?
10  Adorn yourself now with majesty and grandeur, and with glory and honor clothe yourself.
11  Pour forth the rage of your wrath; and behold everyone who is proud, and abase him.
12  Look on everyone who is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
13  Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in darkness.
14  Then I also will confess to you that your own right hand can save you.

Rom 9:17 (MKJV)
For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "Even for this same purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth."

Gal 3:8 (MKJV)
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the nations through faith, preached the gospel before to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all nations be blessed."

george. :)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:09:32 PM by aqr »

Terry

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »

Agr, you are so right, what i did was wrong being angry with God, the thing is i didn't see it at the time i wish i had, and God knew i didn't see it, thats why i think God seen it fit to show me these things and how better to show me than with what my mom was going through,
as i said just five minutes after i felt this in my heart God showed me just what you are saying, so even though i felt anger, God loves me so much that he showed me this and i love him evenmore for it, and i know it will help me to be stronger in the future.

You see although God called me out of the world church about 10 yrs. ago i really didn't have a clue to what God's word was saying not a clue until God lead me here to BT, only about 5 months ago did i start to see the Spirit in Gods word and to start to understand that what Jesus said
"That seeing they may see, and not perceive: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them. And He said unto them. Know ye not this parable? And how then will you know all parables?"

Mark:12,13
Meaning,
( if you understand this parabale your'e understand all parables)

i'm starting to see these things now and i've never been more excited about Gods word, because before i came here i never like to read the Bible and what i did read and thought i understood i now see i didn't understand anything,also i know that i'm a bottle sucker still on the milk but oh how sweet the milk is, so as time passes and i have more understanding i'll be eating of the meat of Gods word, and so i want to thank you for your help because if it wasn't for you guys who have more understanding it would take me much longer to understand these wonderful thruths of God.

Your Brother in Christ
Terry Miller
Terry

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:59 AM »

Hi Terry,

You spoke up because GOD Made you put in words what was in your heart, once you saw it Through GOD'S Prism, then your heart could be pricked to Repent. Repentance is where we begin when at last we are shown how far away from GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ we really are.

Remember in us there is no good thing; until The Holy Spirit Starts moving in. This is All Of GOD; not of ourselves.

Eph 2: 8-10 (MKJV)
8  For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Before GOD, Dragged us out of Babylon, our condition was exactly like the 2 verses below state.

Eph 2: 11-12 (MKJV)
11  Therefore remember that you, the nations, in time past were in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12  and that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.

Our Adoption is Sure, Because Jesus Christ Lives In us In Part now (Downpayment); The Balance At His Coming; if we endure to the end.

Eph 2: 13-16 (MKJV)
13  But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ.
14  For He is our peace, He making us both one, and He has broken down the middle wall of partition between us,
15  having abolished in His flesh the enmity (the Law of commandments contained in ordinances) so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, making peace between them;
16  and so that He might reconcile both to God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity in Himself.

BTW. It is a wonderful feeling, when you first know; that you now know, something new; that is what it was for me. Remember though; the evil one concentrates more on those who he sees getting away, so Pray Like it is your Life; IT IS.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:39:01 AM by aqr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.