bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I see Monsters  (Read 15305 times)

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 02:36:04 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
I like this thread!!!

bobby

Me too! :lol:  

It went from "monster mouths" to "fruity lips", seems like a "pattern" :lol:

Daniel

mercie

I see Monsters
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 02:43:41 PM »

Does Not Our God Give the Increase?

Pro 18:20 A man's belly( mind) shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; [and] with the increase of his lips shall he be filled

Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to [him that is] far off, and to [him that is] near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

Hbr 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 02:57:48 PM »

Quote from: mercie
Does Not Our God Give the Increase?

Pro 18:20 A man's belly( mind) shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; [and] with the increase of his lips shall he be filled

Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to [him that is] far off, and to [him that is] near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

Hbr 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name

Amen Mercie!!!

Theres that tongue again, those who love either life or death will eat the fruit of their lips

Here...

Phil 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Consider...

Prov 1:31 Therefore shall "they eat of the fruit" of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.[/u]

Or here...

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,  :shock:

Its our way, as our tongue, by our words :shock:

Prov 12:28  In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway "thereof" there is no death.

Great stuff! Reaping and sowing for sure :lol:

Daniel

chrissiela

I see Monsters
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »

Quote from: Daniel
Nothing like the FRUIT of your LIPS huh?  :lol:  

No kidding huh!!

Pro 18:20  
A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.

Pro 18:21  Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.[/list:u]

Talk about eating your own words, huh? (Out of your own mouth  :shock: )

Better make sure thems some SWEET words!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chrissie

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2006, 03:10:56 PM »

Mathew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.[/u]

No wonder the rich man was tormented by His own tongue, seems it was THAT FLAME that swallowed Him up :shock:

Its more profitable indeed that one of our members should perish :lol:  The tongue IS a " little member" and "a fire" I suppose it is "this flame"

Isnt there a scripture with tongues consuming away in their mouths? :lol:

Eating ones words seems scriptural eh'? :shock:

Daniel

Gill

I see Monsters
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 03:16:33 PM »

Daniel and Chrissie, you two are a hoot!  :lol:  :lol:

Andy_MI

I see Monsters
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »

Daniel wrote:

Zec 14:12  And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »

Quote from: Gill

Com on' bro Gill, give "a hoot" alongside us here :lol:

A revelation of the tongue is something else.  Just rejoicing in "the realization" that we were our our own worst enemies concerning our own growth

Don't do THAT :shock:  right?

Who said, I AM A MAN OF UNCLEAN LIPS and I LIVE AMONG those with UNCLEAN LIPS. Then a seriphim flew with a coal and put it on HIS LIPS. In this he removed his iniquity and his sin.  The TONGUE is a WORLD of INIQUITY. :shock:

Like the mystery of inquity being unveiled

Wow, clap my hands over my lips  :lol:

Daniel

eutychus

I see Monsters
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »

Quote from: Andy_MI
Daniel wrote:

Zec 14:12  And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Alex thanks!  Thats it! :D

How bout that? :lol:

Its better for the flesh to perish, the tongue and our own eyes which see nothing to consume away. All in ones perspective I suppose

Edited in

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. THIS IS the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and "their righteousness" IS OF ME, saith the LORD.

Wow :D

Daniel

chrissiela

I see Monsters
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »

Hmmm. The tongue has the power of LIFE AND DEATH (Pro 18:21) and it can be “set on fire of hell� (Jam 3:6)

Noticing though that even the Lord’s tongue is a FIRE… a DEVOURING fire at that!  :cry:

Isa 30:27  Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy:
his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:[/list:u]

Same word as used here:

Heb 12:29  
For our God is a consuming fire.

Isa 33:13-16  Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done; and, ye that are near, acknowledge my might. The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?  :?:

He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure
.  \:D/ [/list:u]

We are to live by every WORD that proceedeth out of the MOUTH of God.

Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every WORD that proceedeth out of the MOUTH of God.[/list:u]

His PURE WORDS are AS SILVER tried in the furnace of earth   :shock: (Psa 12:6)

We will be tried AS SILVER and Gold…..

And we are judged out of own mouths!  :cry:

Hmmmmmmmmmm… bet there’s tons in that!! OUR words, HIS words, OUR mouth, HIS mouth, OUR tongue, HIS tongue. AS it is only HE who can TAME our TONGUE (setting it on "fire of hell"  :?: ).  :cry:

Lots more to this ‘tongue’ thing then maybe even I first thought.  :mrgreen:

Chrissie

chrissiela

I see Monsters
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 03:57:02 PM »

Quote from: Gill

HI Gill!!

Chrissie

chrissiela

I see Monsters
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 04:00:08 PM »

GREAT smilie Chuck!!!

Chrissie

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 04:32:26 PM »

Well there you go Chrissie, another thing to consider concerning fighting "fire with FIRE"  :lol:  Whose WORD would prevail? The tongues of men or GOD? Who is the mightier of the two? Should I even ask? :lol:

GREATER is HE that is within you then he that is in the world :wink:

Daniel

mercie

I see Monsters
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 04:47:56 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela

Better make sure thems some SWEET words!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chrissie

Amen

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Psa 64:3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, [and] bend [their bows to shoot] their arrows, [even] bitter words:

141:6 When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.

Psa 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! [yea, sweeter] than honey to my mouth!

Pro 16:24 Pleasant words [are as] an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

jennifer

Leviathan
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »

Orion77,
Reading Job 41, the entire chapter, I see this as a reference to both the literal beast and symbolic beast (man), as well as Satan.

Job 41:1 "capturing him is futile" would apply to the animal.
The witness: Ps. 104:26-The ships are there, sailing to and fro; Leviathan , which you formed to play there.

Job 41:15 "his scales are his pride" would also apply to man's pride.

Job 41:34 "he is king over all the children of pride" would apply to satan.

Leviathan has been described as a crocodile and whale as well as a man in various scriptures.

Job 41:2 has a witness at Isa. 37:29-And because of your rage against me, because of your pride that has reached my ears, I am putting my hook in your nose and my bridle on your lips; and I will make you return by the way on which you came.

Job 41:34 has a witness at  Isa. 30:28-His breath is like a racing torrent that rises up to the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of destruction, and put a bridle in the peoples' mouths to lead them astray

Satan, the proud deceiver, leads all the children of pride.  His as well as man's rage against God will be met with a hook through the nose and all vanity met with a bridle in the jaws from God.  Do you see any of this? I think pride  was one reason for Job's chastisement.
Grace be with you.

mercie

Re: Leviathan
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »

Quote from: jennifer
Orion77,
Reading Job 41, the entire chapter, I see this as a reference to both the literal beast and symbolic beast (man), as well as Satan.

Job 41:1 "capturing him is futile" would apply to the animal.
The witness: Ps. 104:26-The ships are there, sailing to and fro; Leviathan , which you formed to play there.

Job 41:34 "he is king over all the children of pride" would apply to satan.

Leviathan has been described as a crocodile and whale as well as a man in various scriptures.

Job 41:2 has a witness at Isa. 37:29-And because of your rage against me, because of your pride that has reached my ears, I am putting my hook in your nose and my bridle on your lips; and I will make you return by the way on which you came.

Job 41:34 has a witness at  Isa. 30:28-His breath is like a racing torrent that rises up to the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of destruction, and put a bridle in the peoples' mouths to lead them astray

Satan, the proud deceiver, leads all the children of pride.  His as well as man's rage against God will be met with a hook through the nose and all vanity met with a bridle in the jaws from God.  Do you see any of this? I think pride  was one reason for Job's chastisement.
Grace be with you.

Not Only Job Jennifer , Paul also for HIS pride in the law.

Recall that He was Blinded , His eyes full of Scales.?

The Proud  shall be Humbled such are an Abomination.
Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,  

Pro 6:19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren

Pro 16:5 Every one [that is] proud in heart [is] an abomination to the LORD: [though] hand [join] in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

Pro 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, [and] the plowing of the wicked, [is] sin.

Isa 2:12 For the day of the LORD of hosts [shall be] upon every [one that is] proud and lofty, and upon every [one that is] lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Jer 50:31 Behold, I [am] against thee, [O thou] most proud, saith the Lord GOD of hosts: for thy day is come, the time [that] I will visit thee.

Jer 50:32 And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him

1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

We all NEED eye salve to wash away the pride.

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 08:15:31 PM »

Jennifer

God said consider his servant Job who was perfect and upright, how was job be considered prideful and upright at the same time?  :lol:

Especially In light of what God said, saying Job was one of the three who by their "own righteousness" could save themselves.

Clue us in :lol:

Daniel

jennifer

I see Monsters
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 11:53:37 AM »

Daniel,
Let's go mining though God's Word for witnesses that can clarify the matter:

Job 32:1,2,3-So these three men stopped trying to answer Job, because he remained convinced of his own righteousness. But then the anger of Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite from the family of Ram, blazed up against Job for thinking he was right and God wrong.   His anger also blazed up against his three friends, because they had found no answer to Job but condemned him anyway.

Job 34:5-Job says I am in the right, but God is denying me justice.

Job 34:35-Job is speaking without thinking; his words lack discernment.

Job 34:37-For now to his sin he adds rebellion; he (mockingly) claps his hands among us and keeps adding to his words against God.

Job 35:1,2-Elihu went on to say: Are you so convinced you are right, that you say, "I am more just than God"?

Job 36:15,16,17-God with his affliction, delivers the afflicted; and he gets their attention by pressing on them.  Indeed Job, he is drawing you away from distress to an untroubled open place, with rich food on your table. But the judgement on the wicked fully applies to you, judgement and condemnaton take hold (of them).

Job 36:19-Will your great wealth help you? Or all your efforts, no matter how strong?

Job 36:21-Be careful, turn away from wrongdoing, for because of this, you have been tested by affliction.

Job 38:1,2-Then God answered Job out of the storm: "Who is this, darkening my plans with his ignorant words"?

Job 40:8-"Are you impugning my justice? Putting me in the wrong to prove yourself right"?

Job 42:1,2,3-Then (at last) Job gave God this answer: "I know that you can do everything, that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. "(You asked)'Who is this hiding counsel, without having knowledge'? Yes I spoke, without understanding of wonders far beyond me, which I didn't know".

Job 42:5,6-I had heard about you with my ears, but now my eye sees you; Therefore I detest (myself) and repent in dust and ashes.

Job 42:8-"So now, get yourselves seven young bulls, and seven rams, go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering. My servant Job will pray for you-because him I will accept-so that I won't punish you as your boorishness deserves, because you have not spoken rightly about me, as my servant Job has".

From the above I see Job accepting reproof for being too anxious to declare himself righteous and neglecting to vindicate God.  Thankfully, the scales fell off his eyes, for at the end, his faithfulness under test was rewarded.  

God made him a priest for his three companions who had contended with him, restored his wealth two-fold, and gave him new children-seven sons and three daughters.
Grace be with you.

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 12:17:39 PM »

God says He was perfect and upright to Satan twice and here

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.[/u]

And if He feared God which he did and hated evil then this is defined here as to what that was

Prov 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.  

Holding fast to ones integrity and good conscience is not evil, Paul spoke of others shipwrecking their faith in not doing so. Job is an example even for us.

What did God say of what Job spoke?

Job 42:7 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.[/u]

Jobb 42:8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me [the thing which is right, like my servant Job.[/u]

Ezek 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.[/u]

Pride being connected to Job cannot be in that he hated evil. The biblical definition of hating evil is to hate  pride and arrogance. Not only that but it IS the "fear of the lord" combined and both were said of Job. These things were contained in the "speeches of his freinds" as I see it.

We differ on this and thats fine. We just don't see eye to eye on this. I just wanted to see where you drew your perspective and it was very much like my own at one time, so I hear you. I changed my mind concerning it.

Blessings

Daniel
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 17 queries.