bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I see Monsters  (Read 15134 times)

chrissiela

I see Monsters
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »

Satan said:

Job 1:9-11  Then Satan answered the LORD, and said,
Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.[/list:u]

Repeated here… where God gives Satan power over Job (but not his life):

Job 2:4-6 And Satan answered the LORD, and said,
Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh :shock: , and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. [/list:u]

It was Job’s wife who encouraged him to CURSE GOD AND DIE (as Satan predicted JOB would do):

Job 2:9 Then said his wife unto him,
Dost thou still RETAIN THY INTEGRITY? curse God, and die. [/list:u]

But Job REFUSED:

Job 2:10  But he said unto her,
Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips. [/list:u]

Job DID NOT SIN with his lips??  :D

Job seems to me more of a ‘type’ of Christ than a self-righteous man who does not fear God or walk upright??

Here is this from Elihu:

Job 34:1-7 Furthermore Elihu answered and said, Hear my words, O ye wise men; and give ear unto me, ye that have knowledge. For the ear trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meat. Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good.
For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment. Should I lie against my right? my wound is incurable without transgression. What man is like Job, who drinketh up scorning like water?[/list:u]

But is that what Job said? Where is that? I found this:

Job 10:15  
If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I NOT lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction;[/list:u]

(Job saw his affliction.)

Sort of sounds like where Jesus said this:

Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them,
Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.[/list:u]

But ‘false witnesses’ said they HEARD him say this:

Mar 14:58  
We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.[/list:u]

Still looking at this..... very interesting.   :wink:

Chrissie

chrissiela

I see Monsters
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 01:41:41 PM »

Anyone know off-hand where the article is that Ray wrote on this? I read it some time ago, but can't find it now. There is no search engine on his website and I don't know how to do a search WITHIN a website if the 'tool' is not there.

Chrissie

mercie

I see Monsters
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 01:43:53 PM »

Daniel Chrissie.

Good Posts .

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 02:25:17 PM »

Great post Chrissie I agree, I like this too.

Job 10:15 If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I NOT lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou MINE AFFLICTION[/u]

Psalm 34:19 Many are THE AFFLICTIONS of THE RIGHTEOUS: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Yet spoken of Job

For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment.[/u]

Great verse in showing Job not lifting His head, right on.

Acts 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Theres way more in Job then first appears and I too see Jesus Christ in this pattern. Notice the days job lived and his generations are 140 plus the 4 equals 144.

144 is seen in revelation the measure of a wall (God is a wall) is after the cubits. Cubits are concerning ones "stature". It is a "measure of a MAN, that of an ANGEL. Christ was made a "little lower" only "in" that He suffered death. The "perfect man" we grow up into is "Him". Of Job it was said that He was a perfect and upright man. I see Him as a "type". A man of sorrows.  Job is used in scripture to encourage others and to count happy as one who endured and saw the end of "the lord".

I don't see Job's holding fast to his righteousness as a bad thing, what are we to do let go of it? By this I do NOT mean SELF righteousness thats an affront to God. But Jobs heart would not reproach Him, I mean should it? Should we cast off a good conscience? Paul said in so doing others had shipwrecked their faith of which Job is an example of endurance. The resurrection has everything to do with a good conscience. If Jobs faith was shipwrecked and did not endure to the end then why on earth use him as an example? Makes no sense to me.

Daniel

jennifer

I see Monsters
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »

Daniel,
I'm sorry for our disconnect.  I would still welcome your perspective on Job. 35:2, 40:8, and 42:3.
I still see Job's scales falling away once he understood Isa. 55:9-"As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Actually, I'd welcome any insight on these scriptures from any of you, especially Chrissiela-let me know if you find the article that Ray wrote on this
Grace be with you.

Daniel

I see Monsters
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 07:57:08 PM »

Quote from: jennifer
Daniel,
I'm sorry for our disconnect.  I would still welcome your perspective on Job. 35:2, 40:8, and 42:3.
I still see Job's scales falling away once he understood Isa. 55:9-"As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Actually, I'd welcome any insight on these scriptures from any of you, especially Chrissiela-let me know if you find the article that Ray wrote on this
Grace be with you.

Okay heres the verses you mention, I'm not going to battle this out or debate this, I would say to each one their own.

Job 35:2 Thinkest thou this to be right, that thou saidst, My righteousness is more than God's?

Can you point out where Job said this?

Jobs freind said,

Job 4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

Of all His freind said, Job replies

Job 9:2 I know it is so of a truth: but HOW should man be just with God?[/u]

Job 9:20 If I justify myself, "mine own mouth shall condemn me": if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.[/u]

Yet the Lord said of Job

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?[/u]

The direct definition of both the "fear of the Lord" in proverbs IS to HATE "pride and arrogancy"

God said he was perfect and upright did GOD LIE here? :lol:  Job understood IF he should SAY he was perfect his own mouth would condemn him.

Job 9:21 Though I were perfect, yet would I "not" know my soul: I would despise my life.[/u]

Sounds like "hating your life" in this world and saving it

Job 40:7 Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.[/u]

Job 40:8 Wilt "THOU"  :idea: ALSO :idea:  disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?

Will THOU "ALSO" (As his FREINDS DID disannul His judgment)

Job said (who said way earlier on)

Job 9:32 For HE is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.

And answers to God accordingly,

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

BUT GOD SAYS

Job 42:17 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, AS my servant Job hath[/u].

Why on earth use Job as a "good example" of those who endured if his way was shoddy? :lol:  That still don't make sense to me. You'd think the apostles would say, "Dont be like Job, because he was a self righteous proud man" :lol: Yet God starts out calling him perfect and upright and ends with Job speaking what is right of God. :lol:  To me the point seems is moot. When I look at Job I dont see Him as much as the goodness of God that came to Him. Even after he had to endure the longwinded speeches of his freinds.

Surely God looked and saw they had no comforter, because THEY were such MISERABLE COMFORTERS :lol:

Thats how I see it anyway

Daniel
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.