bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: something different is happening.  (Read 3840 times)

judith collier

something different is happening.
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:36:16 AM »

I want to thank all of you who prayed for me and the trouble I was having with my blind, drinking husband. I am feeling so much better and lately I seem to be more at peace acknowledging that the only one I can control is me. I am trying to remember that I am responding in a better way for GOD and not necessarily for my husband. I have been practing being quiet and not complaining. My resentment has seemed to disappear and I am not even trying. I know God will help when we surrender and I believe I did. I remember my sins now and not my husbands as I am just as much a sinner as he is. Also my emotions are being kept in check and I am not doing that consciously. I also remember my husband has feet of clay like myself and he is only a human being who no matter what I think of him, I have resolved to show respect as a person created in the image if God. Oh God pray this continues and that the Lord is beginning something new in me. I have become more humble since being here and I so much needed that discipline. The Lord is sweet and kind to His people and hears our prayers. Judy

Marky Mark

Re: something different is happening.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »

Judy,

So glad to hear that,the power of God never ceases to amaze me.

All Praise and Glory to the Father in Jesus name.

Peace...Mark

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:53:51 AM »

That's good to hear, Judy.

Matthew 11:28- 30

Come unto Me. all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.  Place my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is pleasant, and My burden is light.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 11:31:48 AM »

Judy, I will keep you in my prayers. Everyday, is a new day. It has its problems and that is enough. Now, I try and handle each day as it comes. It easier that way. We, do not know what a day holds. Let, alone months  at a time or more. But, if we stay close to God each day that gives us strength to meet each day as God wishes. That beast, has to be killed. Its not something we overcome in a day or even months sometimes.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »

Praise God Judy. This is a verse I focus on in times like these/yours/anytime:

Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Just keep seeking, trust in Him for the rest. Thanks for the testimony :D
Roy

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »

Judy,

That is indeed the beginning of understanding, Repentance, Humility and now you are starting to see.
Isn't that a wonderful part of the plan Of GOD that HE has put in place for us. Here are a few verses
from Jesus Christ to show you that this is The Right Way.

Mat 5:5 (GNB)
"Happy are those who are humble; they will receive what God has promised!

Mat 5:7  (GNB)
"Happy are those who are merciful to others; God will be merciful to them!

Mat 5:11 (GNB)
"Happy are you when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of evil lies against you because you are my followers.

Mat 6: 17-18 (GNB)
17  When you go without food, wash your face and comb your hair,
18  so that others cannot know that you are fasting---only your Father, who is unseen, will know. And your Father, who sees what you do in private, will reward you.

Mat 6:34 (GNB)
So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.

george. ;D

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 06:02:53 PM »

Thanks everybody for responding, it means so much to me. I think I have been through something of this process before but not knowing the process thoroughly I never succeeded. Now I know what steps 1,2,3 are and can see where I am beginning to stumble. Then I will know what to ask God for, especially giving up the control. Being humbled is good, suffering is not always a bad thing and God's word is enough to start the good happening. And I will only think of today. I think I will be able to trust God more and get myself out of the picture. Judy

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »

Judy,
I have to tell you a little something a friend told me that made me smile and think. My husband and I have been married for almost 38 years and one day I was so aggravated at him because he was in some kind of funk and every time I said anything to him he just blew up and acted like a creep! (He's never been abusive or anything like that) So anyway she said, "you know the Bible says a soft answer turneth away wrath" I said, "Oh REALLY NOW? Well it doesn't matter how softly I answer him he still gets angry!"  Now she just laughed and said, "Well, I think it really means YOUR soft answer will turn away YOUR wrath!" OH, hmm maybe so! haha!  ;D So maybe if I don't get angry back at him I will learn to get over it faster?? I always think about that when I start to lose my cool with him! If I just walk away I feel a lot better when it's all over! HO! Why didn't I think of that? ;)
Kathy :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.