bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elijah's home at last!!  (Read 5784 times)

Ninny

Elijah's home at last!!
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »

Hi everyone just wanted to let you know that Elijah is now home with his whole family again! I wanted to share this little excerpt from his daddy's post on Caringbridge this morning:

Finally made it home and he met his little sister.  That was an amazing moment to say the least and there is no way I could ever describe Elijah's face when his hand touched hers.  He was fully locked in on her and he was in awe.  It was a very emotional moment for every one around.  The expressions on his face could never be replaced.  I can tell you for sure, there is love at first sight.   I witnessed that yesterday.  That moment I will hold in my heart for the rest of my life. 

Tears came to my eyes when I read that! This is such an answer to all of our prayers! We need to keep praying for him because here is what is to be considered, this is a little more of what Elijah's daddy had to say:

Please pray that Elijahs cough and runny nose goes away soon.  Please pray the flu test comes back negative. Please pray for his liver along with the rest of his organs that could have been damaged by the chemo and meds.  Please pray that Elijah will continue to eat good so we can get his feeding tube out and Please pray his T cells come on in and get to work  so that he doesn't get sick.  We need him well so he can start playing in the dirt!!

He can't go to public places for a long time and he can't have contact with many people for a long while for like 6 months before he can go out in public. So the fight isn't over, but we know with God the battle is won!  I'll update occasionally as I hear anything important about this little guy. Thanks again for praying for this family, they are very appreciative of every prayer!
Love,
Kathy :-*

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Elijah's home at last!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

Thats great news Ninny, that really makes me happy, i don't know of anything worst than a child suffering, i will be praying for him.

God Bless
Terry Miller
Terry

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:52:29 PM »

Thank you, Terry. I know you're kind of new here, but my heart is just so full of love for everyone on this forum who are so kind as to pray and think about these little kids. It is sad to see them suffer so much like Elijah and Hannah Grace have. There are so many who are sick. I feel so helpless for these families, but I know God knows the suffering that each one goes through. That's why prayer is easy when you know that God is in control.
Kathy :)

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »

Kathy, I am so glad to hear that. Sounds like he has a battle yet. I will keep him in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ocean

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:47:43 PM »

Kathy,

Just reading Elijah's daddy's post in the paper, was deja vu for me. Its moments like those that a sick child can teach adults about the TRUE meaning of life and its importance. Its the simple things/gestures that matters most.

Thanks for the updates. Will remember Elijah and his family in our prayers....though we are oceans apart but our collective prayers end at the same point, God's mercy throne.

Blessings,
Lisa   

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 01:35:36 AM »

Kathy, prayed for everything you asked for. I love children so much. Judy

meee

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 02:31:59 AM »

Kathy, how I feel for the families of these little ones. Keeping all in prayer.
        meee

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »

Praise the Lord, I'll keep praying

mhykx

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »

I don't know the backdrop of the story but I often get teary eyed if I see children suffering.

May the good Lord continue to act on Elijah and on his family as well according to His will and purpose.

-Mike

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »

Elijah tested positive, again for the flu!  He doesn't have to go back in the hospital  :D keep him in your prayers! I know we will have to deal with stuff like this until his immunities come fully back. Wanted to let you know what we had heard this morning...
Kathy :(

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »

For everyone who has been following and praying for Elijah I wanted you to be sure to continue praying for him. You know I told you before that he was supposed to have had three stem cell transplants, but they are so debilitating and dangerous that his parents opted not to give him the third transplant. He is doing well, but the doctors have told them if his cancer should recur there just isn't much they can do for him. His parents know that everything is in God's hands and that He is in control. They just need prayer for strength. Elijah is going through withdrawals from the meds he has been on for the past 6 months and believe me it is like living with a hundred demons! Grayson was like that when he came home from the hospital, for almost two weeks and he'd only been on steroids for a week!

His daddy says he bites and scratches, kicks and screams! He's mean to his mommy and at times is like an angel, then suddenly behaves like a little monster! Grayson did this and it was so stressful! After about 10 days the steroids began to wear off (he had to be weaned from them slowly after his surgery) and he began to act human again! SO PLEASE pray for Elijah's mommy and daddy! This poor little boy has been pumped full of who knows what over the past 6 months and now his body has to adjust! I wouldn't post this if his daddy hadn't posted the information on his caringbridge page, because I know how painful a situation it is and how lonely and isolated they feel. Once again, if you'd care to visit his page here is the address again:     http://caringbridge.org/visit/elijahgseritt
Thank you again so much for praying for this sweet family!
Kathy :-*

judith collier

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 03:41:06 AM »

God, please have mercy on Elijah and his family and bring them back to what we call normal in all respects and continue your healing power in this child. Amen judy

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 03:01:38 AM »

Thought I'd give you a quick update on Elijah. His dad says he's doing pretty well. He's improved since going home, but he is still throwing up quite a bit, they're praying that it is not indicating that the cancer is back. Please remember him, too because of this Swine Flu, he absolutely can NOT get any bug at all! They are taking every precaution with him, but they are still relying on God to protect him. He can't go out into public and when he goes outside I think he has to wear a mask, I'm not totally sure on that, but I think he does. They try to take him outside as much as possible for the fresh air and vitamin D from the sunshine.
Just please keep praying for him he still has a long road ahead. He still is on chemo and still has to go to the clinic 3 times a week, so it's a daily struggle for them. He will have his first MRI since his stem cell transplant next week so we are praying that it shows no cancer.
I'll let you know how the MRI comes out...Pray! and on Elijah's behalf, thank you so much!
Kathy :)

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 06:00:45 AM »

Done Kathy!!! Judy

Roy Martin

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:37 AM »

Kathy, my prayers have already gone out and will continue.

Roy

Ocean

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

Kathy,

Will do so in prayer for Elijah and Grayson and their families and for you as well.

Keeping the faith,
Ocean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.