bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some healing  (Read 6420 times)

southland

Need some healing
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:38:34 AM »

I don't post very often, the main reason being that I battle with depression and other associated mental health problems, as well as having problems with alcohol from time to time.
These problems make it hard read and concentrate. I know other people have asked for prayer
from time to time for these problems on here.

Anyway I love this forum and all the people that  share here or don't share.

God has healed me from smoking addiction.

I would just like some prayer for these problems please.

Thanks

Matt

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Need some healing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 04:01:30 AM »

dear matt,
i will pray for you. dear heavenly Father, our brother matt is in need of your healing mercies. he needs to be uplifted by the Comforting Spirit which our Savior Jesus Christ left for us when He ascended into your heavenly realm. please cause him to feel Your unmistakable love and hold wrap Your arms of grace around him tonight. i send up this petition to You to ask that You give him relief from the depression from which he suffers. i also ask You Father to remove the desire from his flesh to drink alcohol. please speak to his spirit with Your sweet voice of comfort and remove the burdens which he carries so that he can be yoked instead with his Savior Jesus the Christ.

i offer this prayer for matt Abba Father. amen.

claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 04:24:04 AM »

Hi Matt,

Prayers have been sent for you; GOD Does Answer Prayers; In HIS Will And Purpose for us.

george. ;D

jassy

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:30:48 AM »

Hi matt

Claudia gave a wonderfull prayer which I repeated for you.
I share only to uplift. So I will share where I can if I have had the experience. Those two monkeys, depression and alcohol abuse I know very well. I also know that they can turn into mountain gorillas if left unchecked.
I battled with the former because I did not understand what it was. thought I was going nuts, so I used the latter to treat the former and we know how that works out.

The path to healing was simple but so very hard. No matter how I felt when I woke up in the morning I thanked God. I thanked Him for the previous night, for my situation just as it was. I thanked Him for the day ahead even if I had a hangover the size of Alaska or that dreadfull heavy dark cloud that comes with depression.

And Matt, I smiled, even if my jaws ached with the effort. Cutting TV, newspapers and negative people out of my life helped bigtime. And the negative people I could not avoid I smiled at, even if I wanted to strangle them. And slowly but surely God made that smile happen on the inside as well.

The gorillas are now the size of hamsters, thanking God took their power over me away. they try to sneak back every now and again and I sometime succumb. But then I thank and Praise those critters right out the back door.

God bless
J

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:57:16 AM »

Matt,
Making your request known to Him is the right thing to do. The thorn in your side is inspiring you to lean on God. So I say lean on Him. Need him for each and every day, for each and every thing. Thank and praise Him in all things. Answers don't always come how we expect them but they always come. As Him to reveal Himself to you, keep Him on your mind always. I too have been healed from depression, drug and alcohol addictions. He has the power and I pray His mighty hand of healing reach down and heals you. And, that He gives you the strength, courage, mercy and peace to carry on.

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 01:54:41 PM »

Matt, I too will keep you in my prayers, can not add anymore then what others have posted. The Lord is good and faithful to us.

In His Love,
Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »

In my prayers as well, Matt.

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 06:57:07 PM »

Matt, if you can understand that we are ALL messed up in some way, no one is perfect, then maybe you won't be so hard on yourself. God hears our prayers and as Ray has said, "If you pray according to God's will, ALL of your prayers will be answered." Settle it in your mind that God is working in you or you wouldn't be concerned about any of it. God loves you as much as He loves ANY ONE ELSE! We are all in this together.
Please know that you are definitely being prayed for here!
Look up!
Kathy :D

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 01:49:31 AM »

Matt, be sure I am praying for you. Depression is awful. Don't be so hard on yourself or feel like things are hopeless. Helplessness maybe, but that's what we are here for. God will help you, just keep sharing. I pray that you know your worth in the site of God. If there were no others you would still be the apple of His eye, like a mother, he loves you unconditionally. Nothing can seperate you from His love. Judy

Amrhrasach

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 02:01:04 AM »

Matt, a prayer for you.

And may God give you strength, should it be his will for you.

Gary

meee

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 02:02:15 AM »

Matt, As the other's have already prayed, I'll keep praying on your behalf, believing God's will be done.
       luv & hugs,meee

meee

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

Matt,
  I'm continuing in prayer for you.
  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13
   luv & hugs,meee ;D

southland

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 08:20:51 AM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words of encouragement.

Feeling much better  :)

Matt

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »

Good Matt! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Don't hesitate to ask for help anytime you need prayer!
Kathy :D

meee

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words of encouragement.

Feeling much better  :)

Matt

Hi Matt,
              Good news indeedy!
                 hugs,meee :)

judith collier

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »

Prayed again for you Matt. Just don't kick yourself if you slip, just get back up. Remember Edison and the light bulb, how many times did he fail. It is the getting back up that is important, not the slips. judy

daywalker

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »

I don't post very often, the main reason being that I battle with depression and other associated mental health problems, as well as having problems with alcohol from time to time.
These problems make it hard read and concentrate. I know other people have asked for prayer
from time to time for these problems on here.

Anyway I love this forum and all the people that  share here or don't share.

God has healed me from smoking addiction.

I would just like some prayer for these problems please.

Thanks

Matt

Alright Matt. I added you to my prayer list.  ;)

- Daywalker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.