bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another shooting in Pittsburgh,Pa  (Read 4718 times)

Marky Mark

Another shooting in Pittsburgh,Pa
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »

My Brothers and Sisters...

There has been another tragedy today involving shooting violence in the Stanton Heights section of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania,maybe ten miles from my residence.An apparent domestic dispute with three police officers dead and two wounded.

If I may ask, would everyone please say prayers for all the victims family's and also pray for the ceasing of this senseless violence we all in America have been enduring of late.

God Bless all of you,

Mark

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Another shooting in Pittsburgh,Pa
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 03:16:06 PM »

No, I really don't worry about all the problems in the world to the extent that I get depressed. I am certainly saddened by the pain and misery in the world, how stupid many leaders of the world are, and the spiritual drug dealers of religion.  However, as I know that there is a plan and purpose in all this pain and madness, it does not cause me to loose sleep.  I have devoted my life to exposing spiritual crime and corruption while at the same time teaching the profound truths of God's Word. I full well know that what I am doing will have no impact on the world or its problems. But for a select chosen few, God is preparing His saints to correct all these ills in the future Kingdom of God on earth.

God be with you,

Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1698.0.html

There shall be no peace in the world and this is the Plan of God.

Seeking after the Righteousness of God and His Kingdom is the way to go to retain our focus on God. God has His ways and purpose for mindless senseless evil. Praying against God's Plan and Purpose will not change God, His Ways or us or the world.

Arc
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:17:49 PM by Arcturus »

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 03:50:34 PM »

2Ti 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

All this senseless violence must serve some purpose for God. We all need to pray for all of these people and their families knowing that His will, will accomplish good in the end.

beloeved

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »

No, I really don't worry about all the problems in the world to the extent that I get depressed. I am certainly saddened by the pain and misery in the world, how stupid many leaders of the world are, and the spiritual drug dealers of religion.  However, as I know that there is a plan and purpose in all this pain and madness, it does not cause me to loose sleep.  I have devoted my life to exposing spiritual crime and corruption while at the same time teaching the profound truths of God's Word. I full well know that what I am doing will have no impact on the world or its problems. But for a select chosen few, God is preparing His saints to correct all these ills in the future Kingdom of God on earth.

God be with you,

Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1698.0.html

There shall be no peace in the world and this is the Plan of God.

Seeking after the Righteousness of God and His Kingdom is the way to go to retain our focus on God. God has His ways and purpose for mindless senseless evil. Praying against God's Plan and Purpose will not change God, His Ways or us or the world.

Arc

Praying against God's Plan and Purpose will not change God, His Ways or us or the world.

Arc,

Praying is an essential part of Gods Plan,whether or not we comprehend, what in our prayers, we ask of.

Email to Ray.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9177.0.html

Dear Cathy:  The Christian Church has so screwed up our minds, that it is almost impossible to think rationally if one is to cling to their absurd and unscriptural doctrines and teachings.

Ask yourself:  "Have I or anyone I know ever fervently prayed for something or some one, that was a good and loving request, and yet God did now answer your request?"

Yes?  Many times?  Probably.  But why?  Why would God answering some benevolent loving requests, but not others, and certainly not all?  Let me first make what I consider a very profound statement that I came to understand when I did a Scriptural study on prayer:
"God has never ever answered a prayer that WASN'T FIRST PRAYED!"

But the question remains:  "Would God have performed that same task for you if you had NOT prayed for it?"  He may have, but then it couldn't be counted as a answered prayer.

When God desires to do good things for His people, he inspired them TO PRAY.  When you understand prayer, no prayer of yours will ever "be in vain" as you suggest.  Yes, God exactly what He will and what He will not do in the next hour, day, or week, and absolutely nothing in heaven or earth will ever "change" that--God does NOT CHANGE HIS MIND, EVER!  But we don't know what a new day will bring, and so we pray.  Many if not most of God's ways seem strange to we humans.  We are not yet on His level of wisdom and spirituality.  God wants to hear from us.  God wants His children to talk to Him about all their needs and desires.  God wants to hear us thank Him for all He has given us.

It is not the least discouraging to me that I cannot change God's mind about anything.  Imagine if God answered all the billions of prayers of all the billions of people around the world?  What utter chaos there would be.  God could never prophesy or foretell the future, as it would be constantly changing by the changing of His Own mind, answering all of those billions of prayers.  Was Jesus perfectly obedience to God His Father?  Did His Father "remove the cup" that Jesus prayed about?  NO, no He didn't.  Was Jesus' prayer, therefore, "in vain?"  I think not.

If God has determined to heal or bless someone because you or someone else prayed for it, then you will HAVE to pray that prayer in order for God to answer it, and therefore, prayer is never in vain unless we are not praying according to God's rules.  Hope this helps you a little, and I will pray that it does!
God be with you,
Ray

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »

Hi Mark

Do we know for what we should pray? Ref  http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html
We have hundreds of Scriptures that verify the fact that God does do according to His plan and intention, always, and everywhere, but there are few verses as this verse which tells us specifically how He had HID [concealed, obscured] this marvelous operation from the eyes of carnal humanity as this verse does.

But Jesus Christ can set us free from the carnal mind, and give us spiritual discernment, and increase our knowledge, and make us wise so that we can understand. Here then is the revelation of a major mystery:

God uses mankind with his “obscured heart” to do all of His intentions without mankind every consciously knowing that God is working His purpose through them—“so that no man can find out the work that God makes from the beginning to the end.”

THE KING OF ASSYRIA’S OBSCURED HEART
VERSUS THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

Last time I said that I would show you in the Scriptures an example where God tells us that He uses people to do His will, but that the one being used doesn’t know it, but rather thinks that he himself is doing the choosing and making the decisions and carrying out the intentions of his heart all according to his own presumed free will, whereas God says that it is He, and not the person being used, Who is in total control of the one being used.

That would include the lunatic with the gun shooting at the public.

Only Jesus Christ can set us free from the carnal mind, and give us spiritual discernment, and increase our knowledge, and make us wise so that we can understand....

It is correct and proper to pray to Jesus to appoint to us the above blessing and gift of comprehensive insight into His Ways and Purposes to give us His Joy while yet we are still in the world but not of it.

Arc
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:21:39 PM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 06:50:01 PM »

It is hard to sit still at times and know that God is in control of everything. The only way to deal with this sort of thing is to REALLY know that God is never taken by surprise, nothing ever shocks Him and nothing is too much for Him to deal with. It's what stands between us and paralyzing fear. I pray for peace for all the families of the victims and peace for all of us who try to understand.
Kathy :'(

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »

Only Jesus Christ can set us free from the carnal mind, and give us spiritual discernment, and increase our knowledge, and make us wise so that we can understand....

It is correct and proper to pray to Jesus to appoint to us the above blessing and gift of comprehensive insight into His Ways and Purposes to give us His Joy while yet we are still in the world but not of it.

Arc

Arc,
 Praying is an essential part of Gods Plan,whether or not we comprehend, what in our prayers, we ask of.   Mark

Arc,we are on the same page :)

From Rays Paper.....PRAYING BY GOD’S RULES

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

Let’s now understand this most profound truth. It isn’t just that, "…we know not what we should pray for as we ought…" No, it is much more profound then just that, it is that "….for we know not what we should pray for, to accord with what MUST BE, we are not aware…" Why does the spirit aid our infirmity? What is our infirmity? Our infirmity is that we don’t know what to pray for that will absolutely always be in accord with what must be God’s will, and God’s will is "what must be." And since none of us has perfect foreknowledge of what God’s will must be, God’s spirit aids those who are obedient to Him, in requesting and praying about, the right things, so our prayers aren’t in vain.It is the will and plan and preordained purpose of God Almighty, that’s what "MUST BE." "THY WILL BE done" (Matt. 6:10). Yes, God’s will MUST be done—always! One day we will all come to believe and appreciate the fact that God is Sovereign. God is always right. God always does what is best and perfect. And so it is vain to pray for something that is NOT "in accord with what MUST BE".

And only then does verse 28 make sense. Things don’t "just happen" to people who love and obey God (as most translations suggest in this verse). No, we should now be willing to accept the truth, "…that GOD [The King James leaves out the ‘God’ in this verse as if things just work themselves out without God] is working all together for the good…" And how is it that God works?

"In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who works ALL THINGS AFTER THE COUNSEL OF HIS OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11).

And so, if we always pray according to God’s Will, with a clean conscience, obeying the commandments of God, and are aided by the Holy Spirit of God to pray only "in accord with what MUST BE," we will begin seeing answered prayer where we may have been frustrated in the past.

Peace...Mark

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »

everytime i hear of another shooting rampage, whether in our country or another one, i have to keep reminding myself of what ray said regarding evil, that being that God has framed evil and that He is in control of all of it.

claudia

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 01:42:26 AM »

I don't know, but I pray because the spirit in me is compassionate and feels for these people and violence is evil. I say come Lord Jesus, come, and come quickly.Judy

meee

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 02:16:44 AM »

Mark, we know from God's Word that all these things must be, and the Word says God is in control. All is in His foreknowledge, so I'll pray for healing for the families hit by tragedy and God's drawing them to Himself. Lord Jesus can't come soon enough for us, but God's timing is perfect, so God willing we wait and endure and stand.
           meee

geokuhns

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:57 PM »

We are taught by scripture to include in our prayers "Thy will be done." There has never been a prayer that God did not answer if it included "Thy will be done." Whether we got the answer we were looking for is a different matter but God knows what is best for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.