bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 missing books in the King James version why?  (Read 9268 times)

Sandyk

14 missing books in the King James version why?
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »

Hi everyone

I wish I had saved this information but anyway somewhere on the forum,
I read that there are 14 missing books from the King James Bible?

Is this true and if so why?  Aren't these books just as important?  Where can you find the missing books if any?

Thanks

Sandy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: 14 missing books in the King James version why?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5808.0.html

This discussion may help answer your question. 

I don't recall Ray himself ever saying there were 14 'missing' books from the KJV that we ought to have.

Check out the audio section for the topic about how we got our bible.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

musicman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 12:45:10 AM »

There were 13 books added and taken away, I believe in the 1800s.  The Catholics still hold on to them.

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 01:02:35 AM »

I especially like the book of JUDITH because that is my name and she cut off the head of a king. Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 02:23:57 AM »

Hi everyone

I wish I had saved this information but anyway somewhere on the forum,
I read that there are 14 missing books from the King James Bible?

Is this true and if so why?  Aren't these books just as important?  Where can you find the missing books if any?

Thanks

Sandy

Take a look at this thread, that should answer you questions. The information has been on the forum for over 16 months.

Re: 49 = 7x7 = total completion/books of the Bible

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5808.msg47147.html#msg47147

george. ;D

Sandyk

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »

Thanks for the response George.  I appreciate your help.  So, what about the book of morman was this book added also?  Just curious

Sandy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:46:24 AM »

That's sort of a different issue.  The Book of Mormon is seen as an additional 'revelation' by the followers of that religion.  It didn't come about until the 1800's.  So was it 'added'?  In a way it was.  But even the Mormons don't claim it's part of the Bible, I don't think.  I think everything about it smells from the supposed 'revelation' to the content.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »

Sandyk,

Please understand when Ezra Finished the canonization of the OT that was it, Peter and John finished the NT. All of this information is included in the linked thread that was given previously.

george. :)

Hi Bobby,

I will copy that session that is in the notes for you here.  It should help  :)

SEVEN CANONIZATION PERIODS

1. Moses
2. David and Solomon
3. Isaiah and Hezekial
4. Jeremaih and Joshiah
5. Peter
6. John

The Catholic Church did not canonize the Scripture, nor did the Protestant Church canonize the Scripture - THEY WERE ALREADY CANONIZED BY GOD'S SERVANTS HUNDREDS OF YEARS EARLIER!

What happens if we add the Catholic numbering of 39 books for the Old Testament to the 27 books of the New?  We get 66 - that's man's number.  So in order to avoid such an obvious unsavory number, the Catholic added 11 apocryphal books to their 66 number, bring the total to 77, a more godly number, albeit, not an accurate one.  Such nonsense does not justify the addition of apocryphal books which do not belong to the canon.

There were 22 books in the Hebrew Scripture and 27 books in the Greek Scriptures (22 collected by Peter, and 5 more [Gospel of John and I, II & III John and Revelation]) added by John = 49 or 7 X 7 - Completeness and Perfection!  Not one can be added nor one taken away - WE HAVE THE COMPLETE BIBLE!
-------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.